Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 AM

404 posts, read 701,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
The key is to REALLY stop looking, because by no means, shapes or forms have you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
This time honestly take a break from your long search and try to find happiness without being in a relationship.
Well I wish I could but I am afraid I don't know how to do that (hence the title of this thread). Yesterday for instance, a friend of mine picked up a girl. He's no ladies magnet, yet in the past few months he has already been with 2. Do you have any idea how that feels to me right now? And don't get me wrong, he's a good friend and I am glad for him. But that does not change my situation.

Most weekends I go out something happens that hurts me, so how would I really stop looking? The only way I can think of is just not going out at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
Well I wish I could but I am afraid I don't know how to do that (hence the title of this thread). Yesterday for instance, a friend of mine picked up a girl. He's no ladies magnet, yet in the past few months he has already been with 2. Do you have any idea how that feels to me right now? And don't get me wrong, he's a good friend and I am glad for him. But that does not change my situation.

Most weekends I go out something happens that hurts me, so how would I really stop looking? The only way I can think of is just not going out at all.
Hey I'm new to this forum, but I wouldn't look at what others are doing if I was you. It seems to me you have to develop your own style. My thinking has always been "expect nothing so you won't be disappointed when nothing happens". It may sound bad, but it will be much easier when you don't care what happens. Women can sense when a man tries too hard & it seems to be a turn off. I really don't know what your doing, but this is stuff that has helped my friends out many times... You just have to go out & get more experience. I hope I'm not just repeating what others said !

Old 03-28-2010, 11:44 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post

I know, and I am not saying that it is easy. I think at one time or another that we all have dealt with these types of frustrations.

I really wish I had the answer for you. I guess if any of us truly had the answer to all of these types of problems then we would never be alone. I would try to not concentrate so much on what you don't have, and enjoy the things that you do. After all, relationships can sometimes be as difficult as they are rewarding.

As far as your friend, I understand that this can be very frustrating and that you feel left out. Even if your friend is not intentionally trying to make you feel bad, he still is. Maybe you ought to reconsider how much time that you want to invest with someone who somehow manages to make you feel worse about yourself. I know it sounds selfish and awful, and I am not suggesting that you cut your ties with this friend. However, if every time your around him or her and you feel less than and jealous, than what is it exactly are you benefiting from having this person in your life? Some people just like to flaunt their escapades.

I can tell you from personal experiences that my situation was the latter. I used to have a best friend for about ten years who never seemed to get any play (for lack of a better phrase). So when I did, I just wouldn't tell him about it. I knew that he wasn't getting any action, so there was no need to rub it in to him. However, some guys can really feel superior if their getting some and someone else isn't. Also, many guys lie about their conquests. I always thought this was pathetic, but I have seen many friends busted from saying that they have been with certain girls when they haven't.

To tell you the truth you seem like a really nice, honest, and sincere guy and I do really wish you well. I don't always write this much, but I can appreciate your humility and honesty in dealing with your situation. I can only wish you luck and hope that you find what your looking for. I know it's probably your best bet not to look, although I understand that that is easier said than done, but that seems to be when it comes for most people. Good luck.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:59 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,974 times
Well, for me it is easy because I have no friends and never go out. So I just stay home and entertain myself. All I need is the internet, tv, and food.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
the reason god made them so lovely graceful and fun to be with is bek he knew you would have days like this, love never gives up, never.
signed
king of jade and bitter
ps get a cat
its not a woman but they are very similar
good practice

Old 10-25-2017, 12:01 AM

1 posts, read 374 times
Forgetting something you will love to have in your life is possible! First you think the way people think when they loose their legs. I will never walk again so that is not for me. Thinking that something is not for you no longer will kill a bit the desire to have it just the way most of us do not dream to go to the Olympics. Why? because we know we can't. The next thing is to kill the idea day by day month by month and year by year. Same way you built something you can destroy it! How you eta an elephant one pice at a time. The more you see that far from your possibilities the more acceptance you will feel to the situation and the more grateful you will be to adopt a puppy who will love you unconditionally! If not you will see more value in friendships or family. However the real solution to your problem is not to give up and kill the desire but to never give up and find advice online on the real rules of social attraction. You can become attractive to the opposite sex despite looks just practicing behavior!

Old 10-25-2017, 12:14 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,437 times
The thing to remember about dating is that it's artificial America nonsense that comes to us from movies and television and gives us unrealistic expectations about how our lives are supposed to be if we want to be happy.

You can either take part in this and be part of the problem or follow your own path and devote all your time and energy to being the best self you can be.

The first step to doing that is simple. Turn off the TV and join your local library.

Also, balance your internet time with more physical activity. Join a gym, take up swimming or cycling or get a dog and take him or her for a long walk every day. This will bring you out of yourself and take your mind off what you supposedly lack by not having a partner in your life. There are more important and worthwhile pursuits, the first of which is learning to love the person you see in the mirror.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:20 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the reason god made them so lovely graceful and fun to be with is bek he knew you would have days like this, love never gives up, never.
signed
king of jade and bitter
ps get a cat
its not a woman but they are very similar

good practice
Nah. Not so much. Cats love you no matter what. All you have to do is give them less food!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships