Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 01:29 PM

404 posts, read 701,635 times

Advertisements

As some of you may know, I did for a long time work on improving myself, trying to get noticed by women. Now, I have decided to give up on this: it's taking way too much time and effort inverted for practically no results. So, from my perspective, I'd rather stop this now and forget about dating/women for now before I end getting bitter and jaded of the whole thing.

However, while on working days I have little problem not thinking about it, the weekends are a quite differente story. There is usually some of the guys we know kissing a new girl, or maybe we hear about X woman interested in a friend, or maybe we just meet some random new girl. And whatever it is, it will remind me of my missed opportunities and make me feel bad the next day.

So, those of you who have given up before me, I need your help. How do you cope with this when you go out? I would like to just go out and have fun, but I find it difficult some days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 01:31 PM

147 posts, read 296,666 times
If you are having fun and enjoying life, you don't have to actively try to forget about dating..and why would you want to forget about dating anyway?

Old 03-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
women are awesome you cant forget about 'em

Old 03-21-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cieramc View Post
If you are having fun and enjoying life, you don't have to actively try to forget about dating..and why would you want to forget about dating anyway?
I have no problem with my life, aside from dating. Since I am not able to solve this problem I would like to remove it from my life. Unfortunately, when I watch the ease with which some guys do what I have tried so hard to do, and the little they value it, it hurts me deeply. At that very moment I can maybe not pay too much attention to it, if I am having fun with my friends. But the next day I will inevitably start thinking about it.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:12 PM

147 posts, read 296,666 times
I think it's because human beings crave to have a companion. By telling yourself I don't want to think about such and such thing is what is going to make you think about it even more. When someone is trying to diet, food looks even better, it's the same idea here. You probably aren't going to ever NOT think about dating. Even when I was quite content being single I would assess the people around me, which guys I would consider dating or not, and always secretly hope I would magically meet the man of my dreams at the grocery store or wherever I was going that day. I always wanted a significant other, and was not interested in the dating game or being "free"...Why is that you have to forget about dating all together? That doesn't make any sense, you will then cut out any opportunity of meeting someone.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:20 PM

Well then I will admit I am completely lost here cieramc. If I can't solve my dating issues and I can't forget about it, what am I supposed to do? Just wait and hope "love appears when you least expect it"? Well, I could but let's be realistic here... no fairy tales

Old 03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
One way to forget about it is do what I did

Post an ad on craiglist for a "pretend girlfriend" and basically she will be someone who will tell you what you are doing wrong and help you get a sexy style and have initimate moments.

If that don't help you forget about dating nothing will

Old 03-21-2010, 02:50 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
As some of you may know, I did for a long time work on improving myself, trying to get noticed by women. Now, I have decided to give up on this: it's taking way too much time and effort inverted for practically no results. So, from my perspective, I'd rather stop this now and forget about dating/women for now before I end getting bitter and jaded of the whole thing.

However, while on working days I have little problem not thinking about it, the weekends are a quite differente story. There is usually some of the guys we know kissing a new girl, or maybe we hear about X woman interested in a friend, or maybe we just meet some random new girl. And whatever it is, it will remind me of my missed opportunities and make me feel bad the next day.

So, those of you who have given up before me, I need your help. How do you cope with this when you go out? I would like to just go out and have fun, but I find it difficult some days.
Pick a hobby or special interest that will make you more attractive to women.

YouTube - AC/DC - Angus Young guitar lesson

YouTube - Billy Gibbons - Gives us a 'Blues' Guitar Lesson

Old 03-21-2010, 02:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,274,020 times
...right when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
(sometimes when you stop looking, it bumps right into you)

Old 03-21-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Pick a hobby or special interest that will make you more attractive to women.
For that same reason I started dancing salsa about 1 year ago. It certainly helped me to make new friends and all that, but not in dating...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships