Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:26 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times

Advertisements

My first college roommate was a slob and she was also severely bulimic and would eat an entire sheet cake every night without cleaning up her mess on the floor (crumbs) or her mess in the bathroom!!! It was a TERRIBLE situation! She would also get CRAZY drunk every Thursday, Friday and Saturday....needless to say, we were not roommates after the first semester!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 11:29 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
It is hard living with someone u r not legally or morally required to love due to bloodlines or matrimony. I had a roommate so nasty -if she had not ran from the premises, I might be writing this from prison. She challenged my sanity. She would leave her used monthly business in a brown open bag by the toilet and if that was not the worse, she left it there for days on end. I snapped... Now I know I can't have roommate. I need my space and privacy. One sure way for people to become mortal enemies is to live together.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,593 times
I feel you on the chore part sweetheart!!

Old 03-24-2010, 04:36 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkmoni View Post
My roommate in college used to try to steal all my friends. I would come home and she would be on the phone for an hour. I would assume it was one of her friends or relatives, and then after the hour, she'd be like, "It's your boyfriend" - HUH?!

She also did the normal things like stealing my clothes and shoes.!"

yup, I had a couple of those, so I refuse to live with another female again..

I would have a date or a few guys over, and she would allways put both of her legs behind her head and say "look what I can do!".....lol

Seemed so normal before, what the?? happened!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:47 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
yup, I had a couple of those, so I refuse to live with another female again..

I would have a date or a few guys over, and she would allways put both of her legs behind her head and say "look what I can do!".....lol

Seemed so normal before, what the?? happened!
Ooooh, I had a roommate like that!! Actually...I was living with 3 other girls at the time (biggest mistake I've ever made housing wise) and all three of them decided they wanted my boyfriend. One of them was my boyfriend ex girlfriend (waaaay back in high school they dated for a few weeks), one was a crazy drunk and the other was a wannabe belly dancer who would come into the living room while we were watching movies wearing booty shorts and a bra and start practicing her belly dancing/stripper moves right in front of us.

I will never live with another girl again.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:38 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUINER_SR4 View Post
My worst roommate used to smoke drugs in his bedroom and was too stupid to figure out that the smell permeated throughout the entire apartment. No idea what ever happened to him, but my guess is prison.
I had one like that, too, many years ago. It drove me nuts because I worked for a federal contractor at the time and the last thing I needed was to go to work smelling like a pot field. As soon as the lease was up, I moved out.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:59 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,593 times
So....yesterday this roomate of ours was smoking (cigarettes) in his room w/his idiotic friends. I knew cuz I could smell it in the hallway. I asked him about it, and he just lied to my face. I asked him why his window was open and he said cuz he was hot...but I know they were smoking b/c I can always smell it since Im not really a smoker (except for the hookah once in a while).
This just really pisses me off to no ends especially b/c he knows we have kids here-one being a newborn ...I'm tellling you...I can't wait til this lease is up. I think we are going to strong arm him into moving out, since he really won't have a choice seeing as he paid no part of the $900 dollar deposit not the electric is in his name (another $450 dollar deposit) and he owns nothing here whatsoever except for his nasty bed I wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll!
Am I right...he cannot really forcefully re-negociate the lease with us and the landlord somehow, can he?

Old 03-29-2010, 04:22 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times
When I first moved to LA, i had an Indian roomate that was always broke. With that said, he was always using my stuff when i wasnt home DVD player/playstation and my food; and at times would ask could I cover more of the rent since his check was late. He also fed a cat milk which kept that thing coming to our front door. He was so bored that he always wanted to talk and didnt understand that silence was golden.
Toward the end of our tenure, he had a kidney stone and woke me up at 5am to take him to the hospital b/c he didnt wanna pay the 300 for the ambulance.
He ran up a quick 3500 bill at the hospital and left the country shortly there after. That was a good footnote who believe in amnesty for all immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships