Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 12:18 PM

10,180 posts, read 20,813,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I understand, Coolhand.

How about a woman tired of her "mini" frank every day. She just wants a good ole hot half smoke.

Same thing, right!
Well I would wonder why she married Mr. Thumb-dick if she really wanted Mr. Telephone-pole? I mean if the size thing was that relevant to her. That just comes down to knowing yourself and not settling for less.

Now if he was depriving his wife of sex, then I can UNDERSTAND how she would step out and find someone to play with.

Key word is understand, though I've already got my flame resistant suit on anticipating the flaming arrows from the almighty ones nested comfortably in their safe little world of make believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 12:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,113,614 times
Well I thought this thread would be D.O.A. I should have known better...

But having said that, for the most part, all I can do is shake my head. I thought rappers were misogynist but folks on here have them beat all to hell.

Look, before I got married I was clear with the women I dated, "I'm shopping and when one shops one has got to taste the samples." So, I wasn't some kind of saint. BUT, once the ink dried on the I Do's, that was it. PERIOD. And that was almost 25 years ago.

The trophy wife turns out to be a lemon, as Paul Simon says, there's 50 ways to leave a lover!

The bottom line is these guys are DOGS, low down, run the streets, crap where you eat dogs.

And the these kiss and tell every damned thing for a dollar ho's they cheated with tells you everything you need to know.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:25 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,116,011 times
Default Why do guys date trash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Exactly. Being gorgeous, talented and brilliant does not make someone perfect.

A gorgeous person could be vain and conceited.
A talented person could look down on people who aren't as talented.
A brilliant person could work too much or be tedious to listen to.

Someone who is gorgeous, talented and brilliant could be rude, cruel and self-absorbed. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Good post as usual Julia!

I might add: just maybe that goreous wife undresses in the closet or only with the lights turned off. Maybe that gorgeous wife has some other bedroom hang ups that the 'just ordinary' lady doesn't have.

My only other thought, maybe rich, sucessful men are just smart when it comes to making money, and think they can get a way with anything.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:26 PM

10,180 posts, read 20,813,606 times
This may not come as a shock to some, but I have cheated in the past. Wasn't always for the same reason either. I never felt great about it, but I did what I did and I lived with my choice. Unfortunately there were others who had to live with my choices too. I didn't make excuses and I didn't beat myself up over it either. I've also been cheated on as well. Life goes on. It's not the worst thing that has ever happened to me, so perhaps my perspective is going to be much different from someone who looks at cheating as the end all--be all.

I've never been one to think in black and white terms. Sometimes that worked against me because it allowed me to rationalize my way into trouble, but most often it's worked for me. It's allowed me to keep an open mind, extend forgiveness, show compassion, and not judge others, especially if I haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:32 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,286,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Because it is very well could be the spouse's fault.

Doesn't make it right, but there are tons of situations in which the spouse has pushed their SO towards cheating.

Of course, come back to me with a cliche: then they should get a divorce.

It's not always that simple.
How is it the spouse's fault? What do you mean by "pushing" someone toward cheating? By not meeting sexual needs? I've covered that way back in the thread. However, because I am lazy, I'm just going to plagiarize myself from a blog entry I wrote back in 2003 somewhere else. Please note that I'm using "you" in the general sense, and not referring to anyone in particular.

If your spouse has cheated, or was thinking about cheating, it's because both of you are not communicating adequately with each other. Is it your spouse's fault that he or she cheated? Yes. We're all responsible for our own actions. Your spouse is missing the courage or the integrity to face the problems in the marriage, bring them to you, and work it out with you. There may be reasons for that, however, and you need to find out what they are. He or she may have a valid point. And maybe he or she has already tried to reach you, and given up. That may be incredibly painful for you to swallow, but your spouse may indeed have a point, and you may have missed it.

Then again, maybe not. Maybe your spouse is full of [poop].

Now, if you aren't going to work with your spouse, your spouse has choices to make: Continue along as is, divorce, or cheat. Those are pretty much it.

The bottom line is that cheating is a choice. As with all choices, the responsibility and accountability for that final decision rests with the person who makes it.

So, C-D people, my value system tells me that cheating is the dishonorable option, for want of a better word. Never did I say divorce was simple. It's not. But cheating is a whole other layer of mess that very rarely works out. Some couples say an affair was actually good for their marriage, in that it forced them to confront the issues between themselves, and in the end they grew closer together.

Usually that's not the case, though. Usually it's the beginning of the end of the marriage. The end can take years, but cheating tends to be a turning point.

Y'all may disagree, and that's fine. Just don't be a tool about it, because that says more about you than it does about me.

Last edited by Yzette; 03-26-2010 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: coding

Old 03-26-2010, 12:34 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,404,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Yeah, we all know --people cheat, because they are unhappy. Right!!
No need to roll-eyes, we all know that sometimes it is the case. Were you born yesterday?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
How is it the spouse's fault? What do you mean by "pushing" someone toward cheating? By not meeting sexual needs? I've covered that way back in the thread. However, because I am lazy, I'm just going to plagiarize myself from a blog entry I wrote back in 2003 somewhere else. Please note that I'm using "you" in the general sense, and not referring to anyone in particular.

If your spouse has cheated, or was thinking about cheating, it's because both of you are not communicating adequately with each other. Is it your spouse's fault that he or she cheated? Yes. We're all responsible for our own actions. Your spouse is missing the courage or the integrity to face the problems in the marriage, bring them to you, and work it out with you. They may have their reasons for that, however, and you need to find out what they are. He or she may have a valid point. And maybe he or she has already tried to reach you, and given up. That may be incredibly painful for you to swallow, but your spouse may indeed have a point, and you may have missed it.

Then again, maybe not. Maybe your spouse is full of [poop].

Now, if you aren't going to work with your spouse, your spouse has choices to make: Continue along as is, divorce, or cheat. Those are pretty much it.

The bottom line is that cheating is a choice. As with all choices, the responsibility and accountability for that final decision rests with the person who makes it.

So, C-D people, my value system tells me that cheating is the dishonorable option, for want of a better word. Never did I say divorce was simple. It's not. But cheating is a whole other layer of mess that very rarely works out. Some couples say an affair was actually good for their marriage, in that it forced them to confront the issues between themselves, and in the end they grew closer together.

Usually that's not the case, though. Usually it's the beginning of the end of the marriage. The end can take years, but cheating tends to be a turning point.

Y'all may disagree, and that's fine. Just don't be a tool about it, because that says more about you than it does about me.
Your post is just too long, so I briefly looked through it.
It's almost like beating the dead horse. This topic had been discussed to death and it's really quite boring.

Yes, I agree that marital problems need to be solved, that cheating is not a solution and that it's not right.

Yawn.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
This may not come as a shock to some, but I have cheated in the past. Wasn't always for the same reason either. I never felt great about it, but I did what I did and I lived with my choice. Unfortunately there were others who had to live with my choices too. I didn't make excuses and I didn't beat myself up over it either. I've also been cheated on as well. Life goes on. It's not the worst thing that has ever happened to me, so perhaps my perspective is going to be much different from someone who looks at cheating as the end all--be all.

I've never been one to think in black and white terms. Sometimes that worked against me because it allowed me to rationalize my way into trouble, but most often it's worked for me. It's allowed me to keep an open mind, extend forgiveness, show compassion, and not judge others, especially if I haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

I can't believe you admitted it. You are daring!!!!

People who make mistakes in life are more likely to be more forgiving and compassionate. Those who haven't, just weren't presented with the right opportunity.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,692,080 times
Quote:
You can think what you want. That doesn't make you correct.

If you would, show me where I said that I am entitled to payback for some celebrity cheater's actions.
Why would I show you anything? I'm here on this forum to have a good time and pass the day... I have nothing to prove to you.

That you feel you have something to prove doesn't mean I have to step in to your world. That you reacted in an overly emotion fashion to something I/other people said 6 pages ago isn't my problem, and doesn't affect my life a whit.

My words on this thread stand on their own. Read into them as you wish. If something said a day or two ago still upsets you, I suggest you find a new form of entertainment.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,692,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post

So what happened, why did you cheat, what were the circumstances?

Quote:
And I'd like everyone to meet my biggest fan, who stalks my user name and follows me around C-D.
Shoosh! Now you've really lost me. No need to fill me in though, let's just let this be a part of your personal online world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships