Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:00 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,612,112 times

Advertisements

Okay.. we were posting at the same time ..just saw yours mcb1025.

How does she respond?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 11:01 AM

994 posts, read 1,684,385 times
Just tell her you caught some nasty STD while cheating on your girlfriend during a 76 hour meth binge. I doubt she will call you after that. You think I am kidding ? I have used such excuses to get rid of people in my life. Although sometimes a plain and simple *&^&* off* works too.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:02 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,316,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
So..let me ask you..have the two of you ever discussed this.. or do you just sit back and watch holding in you anger.
I have confronted her about this on a few occassions, and each time it basically plays out the same way. I can break it down in steps for you:

1) She gets angry and blames me for being jealous and insecure. "Be a man!" she often says.

2) She starts texting/calling her gfs back in her home state to complain about how childish I'm being. She makes sure that I hear the conversation.

3) She starts crying uncontrollably.

4) She apologizes profusely, telling me she's sorry and that she didn't realize how it made me feel (mind you, this is the 4th or 5th time we've had this convo)

5) Final Stage: she gets cheerful, playful...starts calling me names like "dorkface, idiot, etc." while laughing.

6) She asks, "When do you want to hang out again?"

Now tell me that wouldn't drive you near insanity.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb1025 View Post
I have confronted her about this on a few occassions, and each time it basically plays out the same way. I can break it down in steps for you:

1) She gets angry and blames me for being jealous and insecure. "Be a man!" she often says.

2) She starts texting/calling her gfs back in her home state to complain about how childish I'm being. She makes sure that I hear the conversation.

4) She apologizes profusely, telling me she's sorry and that she didn't realize how it made me feel (mind you, this is the 4th or 5th time we've had this convo)

5) Final Stage: she gets cheerful, playful...starts calling me names like "dorkface, idiot, etc." while laughing.

I would never allow someone to walk all over me and disrespect me in such a immature way as your *friend* does.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Just tell her you caught some nasty STD while cheating on your girlfriend during a 76 hour meth binge. I doubt she will call you after that. You think I am kidding ? I have used such excuses to get rid of people in my life. Although sometimes a plain and simple *&^&* off* works too.
Ouch that's harsh. I suppose you could even take it a step further and tell her immediately after having sex.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,941,337 times
Tell her during sex.

It'll be like a bucking bronco ride.

Quote:
Ouch that's harsh. I suppose you could even take it a step further and tell her immediately after having sex.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:

1) She gets angry and blames me for being jealous and insecure. "Be a man!" she often says. Women do not define what a man is..a man does

2) She starts texting/calling her gfs back in her home state to complain about how childish I'm being. She makes sure that I hear the conversation. Obviously she has ZERO respect for you

3) She starts crying uncontrollably. We all love emotional blackmail right?

4) She apologizes profusely, telling me she's sorry and that she didn't realize how it made me feel (mind you, this is the 4th or 5th time we've had this convo) Again..that lack of respect..she can walk all over you and a simple ...opppsie fixes it

5) Final Stage: she gets cheerful, playful...starts calling me names like "dorkface, idiot, etc." while laughing. Emasculating much

6) She asks, "When do you want to hang out again?" She can smell your desperation a mile away

Old 04-01-2010, 11:10 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,612,112 times
Discussing it isn't going to change anything, you'll talk...she'll apologize and repeat the same..it's not sinking in..this is who she is.
You don't have to accept it..move on..don't buy into the lies about how she'll change either when you break up, she wont.

Quote:

Old 04-01-2010, 11:10 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,022,917 times
mcb, it's really quite simple:

1. Make sure ALL of her stuff is out of your place, if anything at all is around anyway.

2. Make a clean break of it. She'll say things which guys have a tendency to fall for ("I thought I meant something to you", or something involving either guilt and/or shame) in the hopes of controlling the issue. Being dumped is never fun, NOBODY likes it, people who are dramatic want to end things on THEIR terms, not yours. Don't fall for any of it, STICK TO YOUR GUNS and just tell her this relationship is unhealthy and it's over.

She may demand reasons; DON'T bother giving her any, that will only degenerate into argument and her turning things around on you. When that doesn't work she'll cry, "confess" her tortured past to you (more guilt, how could you possibly dump a crying woman who's "revealing" her tortured past to you, you insensitive ba$+ard?!?) and, guy-like, you'll be tempted to comfort her, which will lead to physical intimacy and sex, after which she'll either A) have another panic attack (now legitimized by the past she "confessed"), or B) confess a growing intimacy with you which has now escalated to "love" because she was finally able to "open up", and you'll be more ensnared than ever in a web of madness.

Just tell her it's over, let her scream and insult you, cope with some of the after-effects, and be DONE with it.

Wash your hands and wait at least three months before even trying to date again, no matter WHO you meet out in the world. Trust me.

PS -- I jumped from page 2 to responding, but I see much of it is playing out the way I called it via your later posts.

Trust me, there is NO "phasing it out" with this girl, so high-tail it while the gettin' is good.

Last edited by Urban Sasquatch; 04-01-2010 at 11:20 AM..

Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
mcb, it's really quite simple:

1. Make sure ALL of her stuff is out of your place, if anything at all is around anyway.

2. Make a clean break of it. She'll say things which guys have a tendency to fall for ("I thought I meant something to you", or something involving either guilt and/or shame) in the hopes of controlling the issue. Being dumped is never fun, NOBODY likes it, people who are dramatic want to end things on THEIR terms, not yours. Don't fall for any of it, STICK TO YOUR GUNS and just tell her this relationship is unhealthy and it's over.

She may demand reasons; DON'T bother giving her any, that will only degenerate into argument and her turning things around on you. When that doesn't work she'll cry, "confess" her tortured past to you (more guilt, how could you possibly dump a crying woman who's "revealing" her tortured past to you, you insensitive ba$+ard?!?) and, guy-like, you'll be tempted to comfort her, which will lead to physical intimacy and sex, after which she'll either A) have another panic attack (now legitimized by the past she "confessed"), or B) confess a growing intimacy with you which has now escalated to "love" because she was finally able to "open up", and you'll be more ensnared than ever in a web of madness.

Just tell her it's over, let her scream and insult you, cope with some of the after-effects, and be DONE with it.

Wash your hands and wait at least three months before even trying to date again, no matter WHO you meet out in the world. Trust me.

PS -- I jumped from page 2 to responding, but I see much of it is playing out the way I called it via your later posts.

Trust me, there is NO "phasing it out" with this girl, so high-tail it while the gettin' is good.

I absolutely agree. And the funny thing is, after dating her, I really have no interest dating anyone right now. She's totally killed my libido
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships