Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 06:55 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Listen, I want you to use logic instead of getting all emotional.

You stated that a mother is at fault for getting impregnated by a loser.
You have made the assumption that all these men are losers, without knowing anything else...therefore, in your mind this must be true.

I have made the assumption, that you are a loser, without knowing anything about you...therefore, that also must be true.

So, I ask, when and if you impregnate a woman, are you going to be mad at her because she got impregnated by a loser?

This is your own logic, I'm sorry if it is angering you.

Your last statement cannot be true, as I have made the assumption you are a loser incapable of talking about such issues.
If you would like to use logic then quit basing every post on your emotions toward me...Hell, I didnt start insulting anyone, you did...you got flustered, tossed an insult out and got one in return..lol...just calm down and think for a second instead of flying off the handle.

as I told the other poster: you know what they say about you when you ass...

Old 04-08-2010, 07:05 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Nice try. But your post said it all for everyone to see. You told 2mares that you hammered her. You're the one guilty of praising yourself.
DennyCrane,

I doubt I will be exchanging many posts with you since I generally need something of value. Your effeminate appeals to the majority are false tactics of which any beginning student of rhetoric is well aware.

Fallacy: Appeal to Popularity

Your biased argument to my use of "hammered" was meant, by me, to elicit the notion of my aggression since I used no literary device to do so. There was no skill involved in an execution. I will not discuss it further because I do not indirectly attack other posters. Stop dragging other people into it.

Thus you have another:

Fallacy: Biased Sample

Look it up yourself. There is no implication of anything ostentatious.

hammer - definition of hammer by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Quote:
LOL. Nice try again. But you've already demonstrated your own insecurity by praising your own debating skills. If you were truly confident in yourself, your arguments would stand on their own without needing you to declare how great a debater you are. As for being obsessed about you, it's the other way around. This thread was about single moms and yet you responded by accusing me of living in a fantasy world and then labeling me an infant. The bottom line is that you're a hypocrite. You talk about the rules of the forum and not attacking posters, and yet you've done precisely that.
This is your projection. I just reacted to your instigation, again. Stop telling people to grow up. I could not possibly prove I was good at debate against you. Its like saying I am better than nothing. I attacked your "Ad Hominid" monkey tactics. You don't even know the difference. As a consequence, I feel perfectly free to attack you when you initiate.

Quote:
Get informed.
One does not "get" informed. Its "be informed". One gets an umbrella for the rain of rhetorical miscegenation.

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. Do you think every single mom is on welfare? Do you think every financially well-off couple would provide a good home? All you're doing here is repeating stereotypes.
Be informed. I never made that statement.

At one time, as a matter of exercise, I found value in picking apart fallacious rhetoric, but I am afraid following the moose tracks of a clod will not lead me to the front row, center seats of insight. It is simply more yawning ennui than I can stand. When I don't answer, that is the weakness you have exploited.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Why do you assume they are more desperate? If you were a single father, would you lower your standards for who you date? Every single mother I know RAISED her standards. Why? Because she knew that it wasn't just her life she was putting at risk. It was also that of her children. If you think most mothers would lower their standards and take a greater risk about who they introduce into their children's lives, then you clearly know nothing about what it's like to be a parent.
I made no assumption at all. I was just stating a fact. Men looking for sex know that single mothers are often their best option. Do some reading, on line on this topic. It is pretty blunt.

Over the years, I've heard a lot of brave talk from single mothers but the real issue is how they put that into practice. Face the fact that very few are going to snag an uber type with a high net worth.

I suppose if they get unconditional and unlimited support from their parents, they can afford to be picky and just hang around until they get their inheritance. However, this is hardly common.

However, I'm sure that is why those parents who can afford to, are so generous with the support for these women. I imagine that their siblings are grinding their teeth. Many parents take this long term support into account in their will, to be fair to their other children.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:14 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I made no assumption at all. I was just stating a fact. Men looking for sex know that single mothers are often their best option. Do some reading, on line on this topic. It is pretty blunt.

Over the years, I've heard a lot of brave talk from single mothers but the real issue is how they put that into practice. Face the fact that very few are going to snag an uber type with a high net worth.

I suppose if they get unconditional and unlimited support from their parents, they can afford to be picky and just hang around until they get their inheritance. However, this is hardly common.

However, I'm sure that is why those parents who can afford to, are so generous with the support for these women. I imagine that their siblings are grinding their teeth. Many parents take this long term support into account in their will, to be fair to their other children.
You seem to be talking about single mothers that are destitute, or nearly so. There are many, many of us that are completely self-supporting.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:20 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
You stated that a mother is at fault for getting impregnated by a loser.
You have made the assumption that all these men are losers, without knowing anything else...therefore, in your mind this must be true.
I spent many years at college and during that time I knew of only ONE guy (out of more than 100 who I knew well) who got his girlfriend pregnant. They got married and I met them again 20 years later - still married with 4 kids.

When in high school (and in the period immediately after wards), I knew of many who got pregnant with the local "losers". These women might have got married but these arrangements seldom lasted. Many didn't bother.

The key here is that the guys I knew at college would be very unlikely to have unprotected sex. Why put your future on the line?

Women who get pregnant and into bad marriages are attracted to attractive losers. They may not see it at the time because they have little life experience but most others do see it. However they are usually too polite to point this out and besides, young people in lust never listen anyway.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
The resources of childrens' aid are strained to the breaking point everywhere. In nearly every case, the mother kept the child with no father in the picture.

Invariably the question is asked: "Why was this child not adopted out at birth before all the damage was done?"
Have you not read all the posts in this thread and others from men about how they have no desire to bond with or care for a child who is not biologically theirs? There was a thread yesterday from a man who is having trouble with his adopted daughter, a girl he helped to raise and has been a father to for 15 years. Two or three posters pointed to this scenario as why adoption is a mistake; two said flatly, "Never adopt."

The welfare system does have problems, but ultimately, it's less expensive to help a mother raise her own child than to pay strangers to do it.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Have you not read all the posts in this thread and others from men about how they have no desire to bond with or care for a child who is not biologically theirs? There was a thread yesterday from a man who is having trouble with his adopted daughter, a girl he helped to raise and has been a father to for 15 years. Two or three posters pointed to this scenario as why adoption is a mistake; two said flatly, "Never adopt."

The welfare system does have problems, but ultimately, it's less expensive to help a mother raise her own child than to pay strangers to do it.

Hi JustJulia,

That seems to be the plan but then its a cads paradise. If I were a single guy being taxed to pay for other men's children why work?

If bonding with strange children is not big deal lets start switching babies in maternity. Her is "a baby" mama. I will bet biological links matter then. Though lots of people would like to adopt an infant. That is his point. Why wait until they are older?

As to why never adopt, its the same argument about why marry? Why do I need the state involved? I'd rather run an orphanage than have the state dictate my responsibilities.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi JustJulia,

That seems to be the plan but then its a cads paradise. If I were a single guy being taxed to pay for other men's children why work?
Good morning, Gwynedd. As neither of us is single, you'll have to ask the others why they work. Chafing under the bit of taxation is normal, yet most of us continue to work. Some childless people complain about paying property taxes for schools they do not use, but it behooves all of us to have an educated populace. But I cannot answer your specific question, being a married woman and not a single man.

Quote:
If bonding with strange children is not big deal lets start switching babies in maternity. Her is "a baby" mama. I will bet biological links matter then. Though lots of people would like to adopt an infant. That is his point. Why wait until they are older?
I do not believe that adoption is for everyone, but I certainly do believe that it is not for no one (if you'll excuse to double negative), which is your belief. I won't chide anyone for not having the capacity to love other people's children--some people lack the capacity to even love their own--but I will encourage anyone who does have that big of a heart. It's a great thing and good for society in general.

Let's not debate unrealistic scenarios where people deliberately receive other people's babies in the hospital.

Quote:
As to why never adopt, its the same argument about why marry? Why do I need the state involved? I'd rather run an orphanage than have the state dictate my responsibilities.
If you are not a child's parent or legal guardian, you cannot take her to the doctor. You cannot register her for school or sign a permission slip so she can go on a field trip. There are many reasons a person would want to adopt and take on parental rights and responsibilities. It's not easy to do. The biological parent has to relinquish these rights, or there is a lengthy court process in which good faith and best efforts are proven.

I don't understand your statement about running an orphanage. Such institutions are governed by the state.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:49 AM

[quote=JustJulia;13664336]

Quote:
Let's not debate unrealistic scenarios where people deliberately receive other people's babies in the hospital.
Morning JustJulia,

The likelihood has nothing to do with it. It exposes the hypocrisy many women have about paternity. If their maternity is questioned they would go nuts.

Quote:
If you are not a child's parent or legal guardian, you cannot take her to the doctor. You cannot register her for school or sign a permission slip so she can go on a field trip. There are many reasons a person would want to adopt and take on parental rights and responsibilities. It's not easy to do. The biological parent has to relinquish these rights, or there is a lengthy court process in which good faith and best efforts are proven.

I don't understand your statement about running an orphanage. Such institutions are governed by the state.
I can walk away from an orphanage. How does a nanny do it? You don't need to be a legal adoptive parent.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,693 times
<THREAD CLOSED DUE TO RAMPANT STUPIDITY>
(no offense denny)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships