Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:14 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times

Advertisements

I've been noticing this a lot lately as I peruse various sites. I've seen men say anything from "height & weight proportional" to rude things like "no fat chicks" and everything in between. Then you look at the guy's picture, and HE is a chunky monkey!

What gives? Is this just another symptom of most of us having unrealistic expectations? Or is this a sign that in my dating bracket, men get to be pickier than women? Or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 12:19 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I've been noticing this a lot lately as I peruse various sites. I've seen men say anything from "height & weight proportional" to rude things like "no fat chicks" and everything in between. Then you look at the guy's picture, and HE is a chunky monkey!

What gives? Is this just another symptom of most of us having unrealistic expectations? Or is this a sign that in my dating bracket, men get to be pickier than women? Or something else?
It's a sign that the men writing those ads should be passed over.

See the stupidity, click away from the stupidity, move on without wasting any more time.

Really, no need to analyze. They're idiots.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:21 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
My favorite quote of all time:

"Every slob of a man thinks he's entitled to Ms. America."

Old 04-09-2010, 12:23 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,007,508 times
That's the fun in online dating, you can just keep scrolling through.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
That's the fun in online dating, you can just keep scrolling through.
Yep. That girls are just as demanding in what this area as well.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:25 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Quote:

Two things about this:

1. I agree these men are losers, have no sense of self, should be passed over immediately. The reason they probably do this is because they either don't realize they're not super attractive, or because they have nothing to lose by having high standards on a dating site. So you don't talk to them or won't go out with them. No big deal, there's a 1% chance they'll find a woman of the body type they demand, and that's ok with them. They're already alone, what can they lose?

2. Women do the same thing in other ways. I've seen women demand only men who make six figures in their profiles, as well as women who maybe not "fat", but aren't that pretty or attractive in the first place who are only like 5'2", but demand they won't date a man under 6 feet tall. I don't get frustrated over these profile, I just laugh, because if these women were half as attractive as THEY think they are, they wouldn't be on a dating site in the first place. I just chuckle to myself each time I cross one, then their entertainment value diminishes within seconds and I move on to the next profile. That's about as much attention and value as those women really deserve.

Don't let it get to you. You'll find ALL TYPES of people on online dating sites, a lot of frogs, but there are princes out there too, just be patient and persistent.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:26 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Or "must go to the gym". What if you're in shape, but you don't like going to the gym?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:27 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:

Hi Onglet39,

Fat men know women are not as picky about it and instead are picky about status. Some can pull it off. That is why the obesity epidemic slants it in the favor thinner women and generally shrinks the pool of desirable women than for desirable men. Men's declining employment prospects have done at least as much damage to male desirability. It is also what has been behind the flattening age curve of desirable women. The advantage gap of a 25 year old over a 35 year old has been filled in with butter frosting.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:27 PM

191 posts, read 349,775 times
Because these certain fat dudes have probably had people telling them that they're special/different/better than everybody else for way too long, whether it's from family or butt-kissing people on the team that he manages. Obviously this is a gross overgeneralization, but could be somewhat true.

Also, since it's online, they're probably just fishing to see what they can get without having to really worry about the fear of rejection that they get from attractive ladies over and over in real life.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:

It just personal preference I would guess. The same goes for me as some women rake me over the coals for my hobbies and interests not knowing what I look like. Good, I'll keep it that way because if I posted a pic the same ones would then be interested!LOL...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships