Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:49 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
Yep. That girls are just as demanding in what this area as well.
I wouldn't know, because I don't really search for women online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Two things about this:

1. I agree these men are losers, have no sense of self, should be passed over immediately. The reason they probably do this is because they either don't realize they're not super attractive, or because they have nothing to lose by having high standards on a dating site. So you don't talk to them or won't go out with them. No big deal, there's a 1% chance they'll find a woman of the body type they demand, and that's ok with them. They're already alone, what can they lose?

2. Women do the same thing in other ways. I've seen women demand only men who make six figures in their profiles, as well as women who maybe not "fat", but aren't that pretty or attractive in the first place who are only like 5'2", but demand they won't date a man under 6 feet tall. I don't get frustrated over these profile, I just laugh, because if these women were half as attractive as THEY think they are, they wouldn't be on a dating site in the first place. I just chuckle to myself each time I cross one, then their entertainment value diminishes within seconds and I move on to the next profile. That's about as much attention and value as those women really deserve.

Don't let it get to you. You'll find ALL TYPES of people on online dating sites, a lot of frogs, but there are princes out there too, just be patient and persistent.
If their being on a dating site makes them unattractive, does that mean you are unattractive too since you are there as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 12:50 PM

400 posts, read 849,805 times
I'd say they were stupid, but they probably aren't really. Most fat guys explain away their extra 50 pounds as "mostly muscle". And women just don't seem to care as much. In fact, I'd say most women hate thin men far more then fat men. That is a topic for another thread, but it is the truth. In fact, I'd say if you're a man your best bet is to be tall. No matter how ugly you are, if you're tall you're going to do OK because for many women that is both a huge deal or a deal breaker. Men don't desire fat women but at least women can diet if it really bothers them. A short man is going to have a harder time for the most part, and besides wearing heels or limb lengthening surgery pretty much just has to work around it or deal with it.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Onglet39,

Fat men know women are not as picky about it and instead are picky about status. Some can pull it off. That is why the obesity epidemic slants it in the favor thinner women and generally shrinks the pool of desirable women than for desirable men. Men's declining employment prospects have done at least as much damage to male desirability. It is also what has been behind the flattening age curve of desirable women. The advantage gap of a 25 year old over a 35 year old has been filled in with butter frosting.
It's funny though, from what I've seen so far these guys don't have much going for them in terms of status either. (That, or perhaps what I view as "status" is different from the norm.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
It just personal preference I would guess. The same goes for me as some women rake me over the coals for my hobbies and interests not knowing what I look like. Good, I'll keep it that way because if I posted a pic the same ones would then be interested!LOL...........
I can see hobbies and interests in a way... I wouldn't date a WoW enthusiast for instance, or whatever is today's video game obsession. I just find it odd that a fat guy would make physical demands.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
It just personal preference I would guess. The same goes for me as some women rake me over the coals for my hobbies and interests not knowing what I look like. Good, I'll keep it that way because if I posted a pic the same ones would then be interested!LOL...........
Watch it, your ego is showing! Oh wait...

Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Watch it, your ego is showing! Oh wait...
I like to keep them guessing.LOL...... I can assure you I don't fit the typical type of guy "Elmer Fudd" as many of you imagine though.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:04 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
I am sure that there are women with poor self image and low self esteem that are thin. These women might actually answer chubby's ad. If such a women is what he is after, why not chum the waters and see what bites?

Old 04-09-2010, 01:07 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I wouldn't know, because I don't really search for women online.

If their being on a dating site makes them unattractive, does that mean you are unattractive too since you are there as well?
No, that's not the point. The point is they think they're much more attractive and desireable than they really are. If they are SO attractive, they wouldn't need a dating site to find men to go out with, they'd have plenty of suitors asking them out day to day in person.

As for me, I'll fully admit I'm not the most attractive guy on the planet, I actually hardly get any looks from women these days, but I'm in a part of the city where the average guy gets overlooked so I never expect to get looks. I'll admit it's a lot easier for a normal, non-creepy dude to get a date from online dating than it is in person.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I've been noticing this a lot lately as I peruse various sites. I've seen men say anything from "height & weight proportional" to rude things like "no fat chicks" and everything in between. Then you look at the guy's picture, and HE is a chunky monkey!

What gives? Is this just another symptom of most of us having unrealistic expectations? Or is this a sign that in my dating bracket, men get to be pickier than women? Or something else?

1. For an overweight person to demand that a possible paramour/booty call, etc. is not is hypocritical and idiotic.

2. I have seen MANY more women with these types of parameters than I have men.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
Yep. That girls are just as demanding in what this area as well.

I'd say they're worse........

Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Or "must go to the gym". What if you're in shape, but you don't like going to the gym?
Or, what if you are an overweight gym rat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships