Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,117 times

Advertisements

Well, I have no kids but I never understood how "staying together for the kids" works. If you are miserable, your kids WILL see it. Don't think they can't understand things, because you know, they CAN.

They need to get a divorce.

But not to be able to be together like that. Sometimes when you are unhappy with someone, the grass seems greener on the other side. It seems to me that this is nothing but infatuation and the need to feel wanted and desired again. They're kind of feeding off each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 01:28 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,137,651 times
Tell him to give it to her! Maybe they can buy a duplex and all live together.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:50 AM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,356 times
I think people need to understand that the person they marry isnt their one and only soulmate..It doesnt exist..

Truth is theyres billions of people in this world so chances are pretty high that theyres allot people you could be even more attracted to and probably could have an even deeper connection with then your husband or wife and could have easily married but you just never met them or at least didnt meet them while you were single..

Dont get married if u cant handle that without going to each person you meet that you feel a deep connection with and leaving the current person you're with..

Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
The friend of a friend of a friend, They should consider taking things to the next level, Jane and Jerry don't even sleep in the same room, he deserves to be happy.

Okay, Jerry........

Last edited by virgode; 04-19-2010 at 05:53 AM..

Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,331,239 times
It is inevitable and bound to happen anytime.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:13 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The friend of a friend of a friend, They should consider taking things to the next level, Jane and Jerry don't even sleep in the same room, he deserves to be happy.

Okay, Jerry........
I thought it was Alice and Larry?

Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,421,755 times
My former best friend and I had an intense relationship and we fought for nearly 4 years to stay apart. To everyone (and to us) we were perfect for each other in every single way possible. Unfortunately, we both have strong religious beliefs, just not compatable ones. This was the main reason we never got together.

For a while, he was my superior at work. This never effected our relationship--we still went to lunch together, talked all day at work, and hung out outside of work nearly every waking moment. Because he was my boss, we found creative ways to keep our friendship strong, but also discressionary, such as driving to lunch in seperate cars, emailing instead of in-person contact, and meeting at places outside of work when we wanted to do something together.

The announcement came as a shock to me when my friend's manager took me into his office and told me I was being transferred to another branch. My friend and I were in the midst of the best time in our friendship, and here I was being moved to another location away from him and our daily contact. I knew our relationship would suffer.

Fast forward 9 months. This move was a HUGE blessing in disguise. My friend met another girl at work, cut off all contact with me, and got married this past weekend. Had I been in the same office with him, the end of our friendship would have hurt 1,000 times worse than it did. By being at another location, I didn't have to deal with seeing him every day.

So, yes, I have dealt with a friendship wherein we had to force ourselves not to be together due to practical reasons. Am I glad it didn't work out? Yes, absolutely. I believe if we had disregarded those obstacles, we would have made a horrible mistake. I'm in a better place now, and so is he. Everything happens for a reason

Old 04-19-2010, 04:02 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times

YouTube - "It's Sad To Belong" (England Dan & John Ford Coley Cover)

Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,969,505 times
Quote:
My best friend in the office is having a terrible time with a coworker he works very close with. He is married and so is she. The problem is both of them are falling fast in love with each other. They are doing their best to try to keep their relationship professional but friendly but both of them are in loveless marriages and are just staying with their spouses for the kids.
So that justifies an inappropriate relationship with a friend? If their spouse saw them doing this, I'm pretty sure they would get mad hence why it is inappropriate let alone at work. I find work romances funny because they usually involve people who would NEVER EVER met.

Everyone at my work thought this chick and I were banging. It didn't help she would do extremely obvious things in front of people. Grab my arm while getting ice cream stating, "oh, you do have muscles" and instead of seating in a chair by me she would kneel next to me so I can look down her shirt. I even had to speak HR about this and I work in a company over 50k employees...fun. Now she has moved to a different company and we still talk so who knows what happens from here but doing anything with a current coworker is nothing but bad news bears.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:46 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
They aren't "falling in love", they don't know each other in a way that would allow that. They are playing a game, that's all. Truth is, if they both got divorced tomorrow and did things the proper way they may not like each other all that much. It's easy to only see the good part when you are sneaking around at work having a secret, exciting romantic fantasy, much harder when you are dealing with the ugly realities of day to day living. He's doing it for his ego, she probably gets off thinking she can steal a man away from his wife. It's all a big head game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships