Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 07:22 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,546,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
For a while, he was my superior at work. This never effected our relationship--we still went to lunch together, talked all day at work, and hung out outside of work nearly every waking moment. Because he was my boss, we found creative ways to keep our friendship strong, but also discressionary, such as driving to lunch in seperate cars, emailing instead of in-person contact, and meeting at places outside of work when we wanted to do something together.

The announcement came as a shock to me when my friend's manager took me into his office and told me I was being transferred to another branch. My friend and I were in the midst of the best time in our friendship, and here I was being moved to another location away from him and our daily contact. I knew our relationship would suffer.
Wow, sounds like an episode from "The Office".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 07:22 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,042 times
The OP isn't a member anymore so there's not much point addressing their issue.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:32 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They should either work on their marriages or get a divorce. Why do stupid stuff like sneaking around and living some silly soap opera drama?
It's exciting, unlike their marriage and everyday life. They are probably too busy dreaming about each other instead of working on making their marriage better.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It's called integrity. It's called loyalty. This is INFATUATION, not love. Love has nothing to do with this scenario.

Love is about commitment, honor, VOWS. It is about doing what is RIGHT in the face of temptation. It is about respecting your spouse.

Both of these pigs need to be slapped senseless. If the woman really cares about her husband and her family, then she will remove the circumstances that cause the conflict. She will do it IMMEDIATELY.

I have no respect for people like this. They are below contempt. They are the worst kind of people on the planet.

You really should choose a better class of person to call Friend.

20yrsinBranson
What bothers me about this is that the OP never once said they'd actually done anything about their feelings. You can't help how you feel--you can only help what you do about it and if you fall in love with someone and choose to not act on it in a negative way, then I don't think that makes you a bad person. Those who are reacting judgmentally to this post no doubt have never had this come up, and it's difficult to work with someone every day that you're developing feelings for b/c you can't remove yourself from their presence--in essence you're trapped and it's very uncomfortable for everyone involved.

I know this is an old post, but speaking to those who might find themselves in this position I would say that one of them should leave the job b/c if they stay working together they may find themselves in a weak moment and do something they regret, or at the very least, their minds are not on their jobs.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:12 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Questions View Post
My best friend in the office is having a terrible time with a coworker he works very close with. He is married and so is she. The problem is both of them are falling fast in love with each other. They are doing their best to try to keep their relationship professional but friendly but both of them are in loveless marriages and are just staying with their spouses for the kids.

Every time my friend talks to his coworker he just melts. He is just smitten by her. There is just so much chemistry and attraction. She seems just like the type of woman he always dreamed about being with. The conversation comes so easily, they have so much in common and the physical attraction is so strong. He could tell his woman friend at the office felt the same thing and he talked to her about it and confirmed that she is falling in love with him too. They agreed that becoming a couple was not practical so they promised that they would make every effort to stay formal to each other and not get to close. But so far it is not working and both of them just want to be together. But they can't.

Can two people who share incredible chemistry force each other not to fall deeply in love for practical reasons? Or is it a losing cause?

Have you ever been deeply attracted to someone who was also attracted to you but had to force your self to stay away for practicial reasons?

they are both MARRIED. end of story.

this is just a train wreck waiting to happen. I dont even understand how ppl fall in love with other people while they are married to someone. Cards are supposed to be off the table...

Old 06-12-2013, 02:06 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas k View Post
Get a divorce. It's not the end of world.
Get another job in another town. Run from temptation.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:07 AM

469 posts, read 913,178 times
Will not have a good ending. Ive never seen a workplace romance/affair have a happy ending. Both normally loose in the end. Family, friends, house, job etc. Some or all will be lost if they proceed.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,724 times
Default Tough Questions

I say Go For Love! If you know this is real & not simply hormones calling the shots, figure out how to make it happen. From the sounds of it, its too late to turn back. Your marriages will continue to unravel. You need to be honest with your spouses.
True love is more rare than hens teeth. The misery of a loveless marriage is like a cancer that Sufis the life out of everyone, including the kids you are trying to protect.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:19 PM

316 posts, read 437,152 times
Quote:
My best friend in the office is having a terrible time with a coworker he works very close with. He is married and so is she. The problem is both of them are falling fast in love with each other. They are doing their best to try to keep their relationship professional but friendly but both of them are in loveless marriages and are just staying with their spouses for the kids.

Every time my friend talks to his coworker he just melts. He is just smitten by her. There is just so much chemistry and attraction. She seems just like the type of woman he always dreamed about being with. The conversation comes so easily, they have so much in common and the physical attraction is so strong. He could tell his woman friend at the office felt the same thing and he talked to her about it and confirmed that she is falling in love with him too. They agreed that becoming a couple was not practical so they promised that they would make every effort to stay formal to each other and not get to close. But so far it is not working and both of them just want to be together. But they can't.

Can two people who share incredible chemistry force each other not to fall deeply in love for practical reasons? Or is it a losing cause?

Have you ever been deeply attracted to someone who was also attracted to you but had to force your self to stay away for practicial reasons?
They'll eventually give in to their temptations (if they already haven't), two messy and painful divorces will ensue, kid's lives will be turned upside down and so will everyone's financial life. This will happen, it's just a matter of when and how.

Personally, I don't know how people get themselves into these situations. I've never cheated on anyone, nor have I had a remote desire to do so. When I'm in a relationship I guess I just give off a vibe that I'm not interested, and I find it almost offensive if a woman tries to flirt with me. I'm a bit of a misanthrope though, so maybe it's just easier for me than it is for other people.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:57 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,765 times
Quote:
Yes just quit and get a new job, sounds so simple in this economy!

But also if you are truly in love you will do almost everything to be together and will not be able to be apart, it is like a drug!
How many more excuses can you offer to make for people not willing to take control of their lives and "allow" it to "just happen"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships