Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times

Advertisements

Its something I've never fully understood. First off I fully respect and to a certain extent understand how traumatic and unpleasant rape must be and I in no way condone it.

Now nearly every female fantasy list I've ever read, being raped by a man is on the list. This only adds to my confusion. I think its hard for some males to understand, as we would love to be raped by a hot woman.

So please explain why exactly why being raped is so traumatic and unpleasant for so many women? and the difference between this and the fantasy. Again I in no way condone non-consensual nore would I ever do it, I just want to fully understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 09:46 AM

181 posts, read 322,849 times
Imagine being raped in prison by a huge guy named Bubba.

It is an uninvited act. The guy could have STDs. The guy could kill us after the rape. Rape makes women feel dirty and feel like used goods. It makes us feel unsafe in our own communities, our own homes.

Believe it or not, many women consider the act of intercourse as a sacred act. To partake without our willing permission is a violation.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:46 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Because rape is not about passion...it's about power and abuse. While I'm not into "rape fantasies" I think it's about their parter (of whom they are WILLING to participate with) taking control. Women wear alot of hats...single, wife, mother, employer/employee, etc and are responsible for making alot of decisions in their everyday life. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and let someone just take control...it can be very sexually stimulating.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:49 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Its something I've never fully understood. First off I fully respect and to a certain extent understand how traumatic and unpleasant rape must be and I in no way condone it.

Now nearly every female fantasy list I've ever read, being raped by a man is on the list. This only adds to my confusion. I think its hard for some males to understand, as we would love to be raped by a hot woman.

So please explain why exactly why being raped is so traumatic and unpleasant for so many women? and the difference between this and the fantasy. Again I in no way condone non-consensual nore would I ever do it, I just want to fully understand it.
Maybe a visit down to the local Rape Crisis Centre would help. I can't believe you would ask this question on a forum. If you don't understand the difference between a fantasy and the real thing there is something wrong with you.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Because rape is not about passion...it's about power and abuse. While I'm not into "rape fantasies" I think it's about their parter (of whom they are WILLING to participate with) taking control. Women wear alot of hats...single, wife, mother, employer/employee, etc and are responsible for making alot of decisions in their everyday life. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and let someone just take control...it can be very sexually stimulating.
I think that and that a "rape fantasy" won't have the elements that real rape does. Real rape is an act of violence and has little to do with sex, other than it being a tool.

I think a "rape fantasy" is not really about being raped and maybe shouldn't be called a "rape" fantasy. It's all about the sex. It's about being "told" or "made" to do something and most likely the woman fantasizing will pick & choose who she fantasizes about.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:57 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post

One thing is fantasizing about being raped by a hot sexy man, and a whole other thing is being raped by some crazy lunatic who breaks your leg in the process.

Although some women do fantasize about being raped, they also know that reality would not be as pretty as their fantasies. Rape in reality is a very scary and painful thing.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:00 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times
Thanks to all except Djuna. Good answers and has given me a better understanding already. I have had zero dealings with rape in my life, so am the first to admit my knowledge is lacking in this area. Have I had contact with women that have been effected? I'm sure I probably have, but its just not talked about openly. Perfect topic for the anoynomous nature of a forum I would have thought.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:01 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,777,361 times
Sounds like they want a domination fantasy not a rape. Would you enjoy me putting a knife in your leg, pistol whipping the back of your head until you lose consciousness and waking to me sodomizing you? Not so savory. Rape isn't about the sex it's about degradation, abuse, brutality. Those folks just like a little teasing power games and play with their sex. Waaaaay different.

Awww, Djuna had great points. Perhaps you should spend an afternoon learning and letting yourself feel that excruciating level of empathy for another. Consider it a spiritual lesson. That's why people often don't get others pain because they don't really want to let that pain in their own hearts minds and spirits.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:02 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,768,442 times
The fantasy is definitely more about the dominance. Read any good romance novel and the sex scenes could be describing a rape....if the woman wasn't willing. Some women LOVE a really domineering guy who likes to use a little force, biting, hair pulling and control.

Domineering sex is SEX.

Rape is an act of violence.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:13 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
This is an excellent explanation. (+1)

And I'm going to add: if this is a genuine question, I find it incredibly scary that basic common sense wouldn't tell you that there is difference between being raped and a rape fantasy.

Last edited by CESpeed; 04-20-2010 at 10:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships