Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:41 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post

And I'm going to add: if this is a genuine question, I find it incredibly scary that basic common sense wouldn't tell you that there is difference between being raped and a rape fantasy.
Read again I said I don't fully understand it, of course I understand the difference........ just not 100%, maybe 80%. But with decent posts like in this thread, that # has gone up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
The short answer is it comes from two different parts of the brain. Its a hard wire vs the rational mind. I have asked girlfriends about this. Think of being on a diet while desiring chocolate cake. It is also extremely contextual. It cannot just be any man. I also doubt many women will have straight answers about it. If a high value male is around, the species may decide to commandeer the female body. An individual's needs may just be insignificant in cases where a prince rides by once a year.

Men will have the same issues with the odd hard wiring in their brain that makes little conscious sense. I doubt many men will make much sense with this as well. I have my theory on cuckold fantasy . Male competition will cause the male sex drive to react sexually. Even as much as a man hates the idea of someone else doing his wife, it will cause sexual arousal because he needs to compete with sperm. The mind answers with horror. The sex drive answers with sexual arousal. Its all designed to do one thing and that is to populate.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Thanks to all except Djuna. Good answers and has given me a better understanding already. I have had zero dealings with rape in my life, so am the first to admit my knowledge is lacking in this area. Have I had contact with women that have been effected? I'm sure I probably have, but its just not talked about openly. Perfect topic for the anoynomous nature of a forum I would have thought.
I assume men have a clue...obviously all the other women answering assume you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships