Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:16 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,038,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Keep yourself busy & socially/physically active & smile

You'll see what a difference that will do in your life.
YES! Do all of that!

And just know you will meet another special person one of these days. It will happen in it's own good time.

If all else fails and you are at loose ends with too much time on your hands, volunteer. Help people who are worse off than you. It will change your attitude, pronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 06:27 PM

420 posts, read 805,257 times
The "unemployment" excuse was just that, an excuse to leave you for someone else, that much is obvious.

DO NOT call this women. If this is meant to be SHE will come back to you. If she does, and I think she will at some point, you need to have a serious talk with her. Don't make it too easy for her to come back. She f*cked you over and she needs to earn you back. Again, DO NOT contact her until she contacts you.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:19 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,164,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanman76 View Post
Hello everyone. To make a long story short, my fiancee left me a a few months ago. I am 33 and out of all the women I have dated she is the only one that I truely felt in love with. We were together for close to 5 years. This breakup is affecting me tremendously and I will never be the same. I know that it will be a long long time before I am able to get into a meaningful relationship again. If ever. So my question is, how can I make my future life of singledom not suck? What have other people done?

Thanks.
strip club
beer with friends
one night stands

works every time

Old 04-22-2010, 10:20 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Give yourself the time to get past this. You're gonna have to go through it. Until you do, you won't be good for anyone.

I'm thankful. I love my solitude. I like having the option to meet up with people, but I am never lonely. If you're good company, you'll never have a problem meeting people or being alone.

If you've ever met anyone who was out all the time, hated being home, fell in love with everyone in 2.3 seconds, they were most likely very unhappy with themselves.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:22 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
I feel you have to be happy alone, before you can give yourself to another person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships