Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

After reading through the similar thread on this topic, I noticed a lot of women listing things they WISH they had or always seemed to add in some negative as well, or something like "I wish I could find a man with .............".

I want to know from you ladies who HAVE A MAN, what do you love about him? No need for all you "Bitter Bettys" who have difficulty in finding a man to chime in unless you want to say what you loved about your last man (please no - ".......until he cheated on me" or "........he became a jerk" type comments".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 AM

Maybe I should not have started this thread because I can only think of two or maybe three regular posters here who actually have a man.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,451 times
When he is finally convinced - after two hundred years of debate- in doing something, he goes all out to do it.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 AM

530 posts, read 780,015 times
He is sweet but will call me out on my BS (very rare occurence of BS lol)

open communication with me

strong/protective (not cave-man style...just if necessary)

Understanding, rational, kind, generous, open-minded, respectful

Works hard

Wonderful sense of humor, he can even laugh at himself, I love it when he comes home from work with a silly story that starts "Baby listen to what my dumb*** did today..."

Has his own opinions but is willing to change his mind if proven wrong

Has no problem saying "I was wrong" or "I am sorry"

I come first to him (as he comes first for me)
There is tons more but I am going to stop now!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:40 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
He is kind, intelligent, has a great sense of humour, smells good and is handsome.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:51 AM

Per Mrs. Lao on her husband:

Is a great father.
Always smells nice.
Witty "Anderson Cooper" type personality.
Cares about his/family's health.
Handsome

Said she'd get back to us if she can think of anything else. What a jokester she is.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:53 AM

171 posts, read 212,320 times
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I love the way my man touches me!!! When we're out to dinner he rubs my back while he's talking to me and his hands stay on my legs. When I'm in the kitchen cooking he hugs me and rubs my back while I stir my food. Our conversation is always good. Been together going on 4 yrs and we talk as if we just met. I love this guy!!!! I also love his arms, there so strong. hmm hmm hmm so handsome (sexy). I can go on forever!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:54 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
I love his optimism and his big strong bike legs.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:56 AM

171 posts, read 212,320 times
I love the way my man touches me!!! When we're out to dinner he rubs my back while he's talking to me and his hands stay on my legs. When I'm in the kitchen cooking he hugs me and rubs my back while I stir my food. Our conversation is always good. Been together going on 4 yrs and we talk as if we just met. I love this guy!!!! I also love his arms, there so strong. hmm hmm hmm so handsome (sexy). I can go on forever!!!![/quote]

Old 04-23-2010, 09:56 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
I love that my man listens. I can count the number of big fights we've had in the last three years on one hand. We don't sweat the small stuff, but when something bugs me enough that I'll mention it, he doesn't just sit there nodding his head. He acts on what he hears. As in, if I say that I'm upset about something that has happened or the way he said or did something, it pretty much never happens again. If I say I feel that something needs improvement or change (like, say, we get into a dinner-and-movie rut), it improves or changes. The man steps up and follows through. A small part of it is that I've learned to pick my battles in life, but by far, most if it, probably 90% of it, is that he knows how to listen. That is something I have never encountered in a partner before, ever.

It goes hand-in-hand with something else I love about him, and that's how his actions match his words. If he says he's going to do something, he does it. If he says he feels a certain way about something, the things he does are testimony to that. He doesn't make promises he can't or won't keep. He's also very loyal and dedicated, and enjoys being settled in a relationship. He has been with me through some hairy stuff, boy howdy.

And finally (and honey, if you ever log in to C-D and see this, don't kill me), but as snarky and as much of a Long Island wisearse he is, and considering that his job requires him to maintain control of his emotions, remain calm in explosive situations, and act quickly and decisively in restraining volatile people, it says a tremendous amount about his heart that he is gentle enough to have pets as delicate and fragile as birds, and that after 11 years of dealing with the very worst society has to offer, he still knows how to cry.

He's also pretty bleepin' strong. Gotta love a man who can crack walnuts with his bare hands like they're eggshells.

Oh, and he has a nice arse.

Last edited by Yzette; 04-23-2010 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: I can haz walnuts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships