Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:54 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,152 times

Advertisements

To be honest, I'm disappointed in the responses on this thread. The dude is just asking some simple questions. Some people are going as far as suggesting he is a coward, or some kind of beta male simply because he's questioning the status quo.

And as far as all the women posting about how you like guys with a "backbone" and "courage," well that still does not mean that he is a DECENT RESPECTABLE MAN!

I know quite a few guys with enough courage to walk up to any woman with 2 legs, but guess what, many of these guys are no good DOGS, and will skip town as soon as you tell them you're pregnant.

Shoot, judging by all the single moms I see in the streets, seems to me like yall sleeping with the same type of dudes! The dudes that have courage (mostly from the liquid kind) to approach you, but then bail when you really need them the most!

Last edited by Morphous01; 05-16-2010 at 06:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 06:03 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Well, according to the OP, it isn't possible for a woman to be attracted to a man. I find that preposterous, but that's the way he sees it.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:05 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
The OP sounds like a troll to me (I tend to give the benefit of the doubt), but whatever, that makes for good entertainment.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:07 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?
They do. But I don't find it very lady like. They can flirt and if I'm interested I'll act.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:21 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphous01 View Post
so how many girls in total asked you out?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
morphous01 - the video was entertaining, thanks for posting it.

Nothing wrong with him questioning the status quo. But he asked the question and was given honest answers. It's sort of like a woman coming here and questioning the status quo of why men insist on liking women who are pretty (when there are so many fantastic women who are unattractive, it's so unfair!).

> And as far as all the women posting about how you like guys with a "backbone" and "courage," well that still does not mean that he is a DECENT RESPECTABLE MAN!

True. But you have to actually get a date before a woman can decide if you are, or if you are not a decent, respectable man. In my experience it's just as likely that a courageous man will be decent and respectable as a passive man.

When I was single I never would have approached the man who would become my husband. He looked too rugged and macho (before him, I thought my type was metro-sexual geeks). But I loved the way he asked me out on our first date: He walked up to me and asked me if he could call me, because he'd like to take me out to dinner.

It sounds so simple and straight-forward, doesn't it? I have dated a lot but you have no idea how few men had ever asked me out on a date properly. Even though I didn't think he was my type, I accepted the date because I appreciated his straight-forwardness. Oh, and for the record, he was sober too! Bonus.

From that point I was able to get to know him as a decent, responsible, kind man who also happens to be HAWT. When he walks into a room my heart still goes "thump-thump". Hubba hubba!

Old 05-16-2010, 10:07 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Because men who take the initiative are quite possibly the sexiest creatures on this entire planet?

Old 05-16-2010, 10:20 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I know, I really don't like it either because it opens you up for rejection and possible confrontations with boyfriends. Ok, I have a high self esteem, and I almost bench press 300lbs so I'm over it...lol

But my thing is this, with all these modern women leaving the duties of homemaking, and with more women going to collage then men, and with all these women now climbing the corporate ladder, well, why ain't these same women extending the aggressive go get it attitude with picking up guys and setting up dates (even paying for it) if it means so much in seeking upward mobility and independence for themselves?

Seriously, seems to me that women like the jump the fence on this issue because it's all based on CONVENIENCE.
You're 100x right women just dont want to put themslves out there and it makes it easier for them so of course they like it and endorse it..

They put down a mans manhood and call him names so Men are forced to make a move

Id ignore these women

Old 05-17-2010, 01:23 AM

> it makes it easier for them

Not really. The receptive woman doesn't get to choose who approaches her. She must wait patiently to be asked out. Once a man approaches her she has the option to either accept or reject the offer but she doesn't have any control over who approaches her.

Men (or the person initiating), on the other hand, get to pick and choose who they ask out. Naturally, they have already decided that the person they ask is attractive and a possible match for them. They never have to deal with the unpleasant task of rejecting an unsuitable offer from an unsuitable person. It's not that easy, if you ask me, to always be on the receiving end.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:26 AM

It takes courage to approach someone and ask for a date. But for the other person, it takes a great deal of poise to fend off and gracefully decline inappropriate offers without offending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships