Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:30 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
It's an advertising portfolio with my marker renderings, copywriting papers, poems, photos.

I'm starting to wonder if the xwife was over to see him (they're still in business together) and found it or the dog ate it or something weirder...

I've left a couple of texts in the past few weeks and one phone call asking for my stuff & leaving my phone number to which I did get a phone call two weeks ago to which I got a reply," I have your number...." but no mention of the portfolio. I told him I needed it for employment in respect to job hunting.

I just don't understand why he hasn't responded to me?
He doesn't want to deal with confrontation or "the talk" about why he doesn't want to see you anymore and is avoiding you. That's the reason. Or people, men or women, who avoid closure are leaving an open window for 'just in case,' as well. No confirmation of anything leaves the door wide open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 08:32 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
He doesn't want to deal with confrontation or "the talk" about why he doesn't want to see you anymore and is avoiding you. That's the reason. People, men or women, who avoid closure are leaving an open window for 'just in case,' as well. No confirmation of anything leaves the door wide open.
I'm certainly not looking for the "talk" as I don't have anything to say except, I want my stuff!

Whatever he's dealing with has nothing to do with me; he's told me this previously. I'm not looking for closure here as it wasn't like I'm in love with the dude....

Old 04-28-2010, 08:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
And don't go alone.
Good point.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I'm certainly not looking for the "talk" as I don't have anything to say except, I want my stuff!

Whatever he's dealing with has nothing to do with me; he's told me this previously. I'm not looking for closure here as it wasn't like I'm in love with the dude....
No you are right and it has nothing to do with whether or not you want 'the talk' I'm just saying that is what he is trying to avoid you.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
It was not conveniently forgotten. I just totally forgot it.

Well, I've never personally dated you. My experience was with people I know. I'd go over there with at least one male friend. My guess is that the ex is with him again, and things would be ugly.

Actually that is horrible advice. Just do the police thing.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 AM

Gotcha......he said he was being honest regarding seeing me but now I think he's just plain weird, ya know?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Well, I've never personally dated you. My experience was with people I know. I'd go over there with at least one male friend. My guess is that the ex is with him again, and things would be ugly.
Right on. Little more background: she divorced him and it's his second divorce. When we were out & about around town, he was always very nervous about "being seen." Come to think of it, I'm not even sure how she found out about me...he had asked me about half way through the month if she had called me...I wasn't sure...I don't answer private or numbers I don't know on my cell. But he said she wanted to talk to me & warn me about him...I found that odd...so taking all this into consideration: I'm thinking she's the puppet master & has gone back to pulling his strings.

I have some big male friends who would gladly accompany my girlfriends & I, if necessary. Safety in numbers, right!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:43 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Gotcha......he said he was being honest regarding seeing me but now I think he's just plain weird, ya know?
When I first got divorced, I thought a good way of dealing with it, would be to date a lot. Honestly, that was a terrible idea, since I wasn't in the right frame of mine. It was selfish, and I wish I could apologize to all those women.

You need to access how valuable what you left is. He's probably pretty confused/embarassed, himself. Just trying to let you know a frame of mind, from a recently divorced guy's perspective.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:49 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
Quote:
Right on. Little more background: she divorced him and it's his second divorce. When we were out & about around town, he was always very nervous about "being seen." Come to think of it, I'm not even sure how she found out about me...he had asked me about half way through the month if she had called me...I wasn't sure...I don't answer private or numbers I don't know on my cell. But he said she wanted to talk to me & warn me about him...I found that odd...so taking all this into consideration: I'm thinking she's the puppet master & has gone back to pulling his strings.

That is completely ridiculous that she should be calling you and talking to you about him! I think that says more about HIM than HER. If he gave her your phone number, that is abysmal. She's divorced from him - she has no right to interfere with his life any longer - unless he lets her, of course.

Those two aren't done yet, evidently. Steer clear! I hope you get your stuff, but even if you don't, I think you dodged a major drama bullet, in more ways than one.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:

I have some big male friends who would gladly accompany my girlfriends & I, if necessary. Safety in numbers, right!

Oh Geeeez, I remember you now. You had posted a thread about dating a recently divorced person and practically every person in that thread expressed that in your situation it was not a good idea, but you shrugged or laughed it off. This is the same guy. I see now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships