Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:27 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Yes, I am a golddigger and just want the man to do all the work so I can use his $ and go shopping. Happy now?
Who mentioned gold digging? What's that got to do with anything?

If gold digging is your thing, then good luck. I wish you the best.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post

From where I sit, I don't think she's sure of what she means and this is just another example of where gender stereotypes fall apart. They look ok on paper (sometimes), but don't quite rise to meet the road of reality too well.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:33 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,991 times
Quote:

Thank you for your kind wishes.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
From where I sit, I don't think she's sure of what she means and this is just another example of where gender stereotypes fall apart. They look ok on paper (sometimes), but don't quite rise to meet the road of reality too well.

I was joking about being a golddigger...hope you can see that.

Oh well. I thought I clarified but as always, there will always be those who will see faults. But I don't mind.

That's what this forum is for.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:36 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
But when a woman is a jerk to a man, and the man responds by being a jerk back to her, and then she says, "oh you shouldn't talk like that to a lady!".... ?
You never lied on this one. If a woman puts herself in a position to be handled like a man, she will get treated like one. It's the classic case of dishing it out but not being able to take it.

Quote:
I have in the past ripped into women before. I don't regret it. They deserved it, cos they were utterly despicable *******. I nearly got fired once at my job for it, even though my comments were in RETALIATION. But meh....such is life.
I have no problem checking women; I've done so in the past and have no qualms doing it again. When you get into a verbal shootout with me, you better bring your ammo because I'm coming with more ammunition than the US military Anyway, while I have no problem cussing women out if they get wrong with me, I also consider it beneath me because I would rather let someone act stupid without assistance Or ether them with a philosophical insult and walk away

Old 04-30-2010, 07:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
I was joking about being a golddigger...hope you can see that.

Oh well. I thought I clarified but as always, there will always be those who will see faults. But I don't mind.

That's what this forum is for.
Well, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I don't like it when any person speaks for women because I'm a woman, so I'm included. Add on the fact that I'm also a high earner (compared to most of the country) that is oblivous to the perks ya'll are talking about (hubby didn't register for the draft either) and I take issue.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yep. Online.

If I had known it was a woman, I would not have done it, but I had no indication. In fact, the person in question used a MALE name for a username...so I assumed the person was male.

The point is--if they claim to be equal, then they should be able to both dish it out AND take verbal-only aggression.
I think in that case was a respect issue. I could be wrong.

I really don't care if a guy cusses me out online or even in person. I will give it right back to him. Same goes for a female who cusses me out.

It makes absolutely no difference what gender the person is. They will take an ass whopping from me! lol

It's about respect - both ways.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:52 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Just based on my own personal encounters of breadwinning women. I don't know a whole lot of them, but the ones I do know are resentful. One divorced her husband.

I can empathize completely. I don't blame them for how they feel. I might have done the same myself! Who the heck wants to be the work slave. But just because I feel this way personally myself does not mean that we should ignore that there are women who want equality but not the drawbacks.

Of course there are happy female breadwinners. I like to be concise in my posts but perhaps I do a disservice and it comes across like I'm generalizing.

I'm against drafting men and women. A volunteer military is fine by me.
If you do not know a whole lot of breadwinning women then maybe you shouldn't comment on them.

I happen to know many women who earn more than their SO and are quite happy with the arrangement and do not resent their SO.

To the OP, your comment is a non sequitur, there is no logic to your point that because women are equal to men they deserve to be as equally poorly treated in an online confrontation.

Maybe you should look at your obvious lack of ability to control your temper in an online setting

Old 04-30-2010, 07:53 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,488 times
No it's not equal when it comes to online or real encounter insults. You guys have more offensive terms and the c words kills it all. While no matter what horrible word we'll shout out back, it'll never be as hurtful/powerful as the one you just said.
Call us the ''c'' word and no apology will fix that (if so then call yourself lucky). There is one online dude I hate will all passion... it was the particular word that added more rage into it. I'll get back at him... he thinks we're at peace now but we're not (I'm not forgetting it).

Old 04-30-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
If you do not know a whole lot of breadwinning women then maybe you shouldn't comment on them.

Isn't this a free country?

If we were to comment only after we are aware of each single case nationwide, there would be deafening silence. Or an empty forum.

Again, I was speaking on my personal encounters. Not for you, for others, etc. Is that okay?

Lighten up everybody. The world is not going to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships