Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:26 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
This means....

She does not want to hear them doin' it.

Its just a nice way of preventing it.
I'm guessing..

Unless they are really, really bad kids it's unlikely they'll "do it" while there, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 03:15 PM

143 posts, read 262,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Your writings and thoughts make you sound like it...

As far as your Mom goes, it's her house and her rules. She should have followed her own advice...
How can you tell if someone a teenager by their writing?

Old 05-04-2010, 03:49 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASweetGirl4U2Know View Post
So my mother who has never been married,always says that she doesn't believe in marriage,but yet her brother(my uncle) is coming to visit her and he wants to bring his girlfriend along,but my mom says if he does they're not allowed to sleep in the same bed in her apartment since they're not married. My mom is doing this because she said this was how she was raised.
Your mom is neurotic. She's also a hypocrite being not married, but having a kid. Hellloooo? Do I have to spell it out for you?

Old 05-04-2010, 04:40 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
How can you tell if someone a teenager by their writing?
You keep asking this silly question, so I guess it must be important to you, which again, makes me think you are very young (19?).

It's a question of writing style. Yours reveals the mind of a young person, not a full grown woman. But that's no big deal, it was just an observation.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:53 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You keep asking this silly question, so I guess it must be important to you, which again, makes me think you are very young (19?).

It's a question of writing style. Yours reveals the mind of a young person, not a full grown woman. But that's no big deal, it was just an observation.
Read her other posts, that should tell you everything.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Your mom is neurotic. She's also a hypocrite being not married, but having a kid. Hellloooo? Do I have to spell it out for you?
What do you mean by "neurotic"?

Old 05-04-2010, 06:42 PM

890 posts, read 2,785,764 times
Quote:
So my mother who has never been married,always says that she doesn't believe in marriage,but yet her brother(my uncle) is coming to visit her and he wants to bring his girlfriend along,but my mom says if he does they're not allowed to sleep in the same bed in her apartment since they're not married. My mom is doing this because she said this was how she was raised.
Firstly, your mom decides what rules apply in her life and in her house.

Granted, it seems she is contradiction of this rule of "no sleeping in the same bed since they're not married," one can extrapolate a lot of assumptions:

1. If she did not sleep in the same bed as your biological father, she's still within her rule, technically.

2. She is adhering to notions of traditions she learned or know of from her childhood; thus it becomes the default solution / answer for her in situations that do not normally come up, like your uncle visit with his girlfriend.

3. Not to sound judgmental, perhaps your mom thought it a mistake on her past to engage is sexual activities prior to marriage--but does not regret having you for a daughter. Life happens, and she (your mom) is taking on the responsibility of her past decisions.

Perhaps in a way, she still wants to let you know that she loves you for whatever decisions she made, and even if you're an adult now, she would like to still project the "right" way of living to you.

4. If she let these unmarried couple share the bed in her room, does that mean she condones the same kind of behavior for you--if you happen to visit her one day with your boyfriend?

5. One of the latest saying of Dr Laura lately is that having sex with a girlfriend is like having an unpaid w-****.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:03 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,662 times
Quote:
How old is this guy? 16?

Your mom can decide who sleeps where in her house, but assuming her brother is an independent adult, I think her stipulation is absurd.

I could completely understand her requirement if the person involved was a teen/kid. But if her brother is a responsible, indepedent adult I think her "rule" is puritanical and judgmental to the point of being offensive.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
First a lot of people do not beleive in marriage.

Secondly the purpose of a bed is primarily sleep. Who cares where anyone sleeps? If you are visiting relatives and staying in their spare bedroom, it would be rude to start in with noisey sex in their home. So assuming that the guest will not be shaking the house with bed-rocking, it should not matter where they sleep.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
How old is this guy? 16?

Your mom can decide who sleeps where in her house, but assuming her brother is an independent adult, I think her stipulation is absurd.

I could completely understand her requirement if the person involved was a teen/kid. But if her brother is a responsible, indepedent adult I think her "rule" is puritanical and judgmental to the point of being offensive.
How old is what guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships