Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:17 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
But according to the OP the girl doesn't even know what's going on. It's the OP's male friend who's expressed an interest in possibly asking the girl out on a date and at this stage of the game I think he should just mind his own business before making a big production about what could be a non-issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Exactly. For all he knows, she may not even want to go out with the guy. Say he tells the guy, and the guy expresses interest in the woman, and she's not interested. Then the OP has blabbed something deeply personal about his female friend over a whole lot of nothing. Meanwhile, the male friend knows and heaven only knows how he handles rejection. Maybe he's a tool like the guys often discussed on other threads. Next thing you know, everyone in their social group knows the woman has herpes.
No. What I said was...explain the issue to the girl....FIRST. Find out is there is even any interest there before saying anything further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Herpes is catchy...It would not be everywhere if it was not. Herpes can also hide in the system from blood tests. You will not be immune to herpes unless you already have herpes. Even then you can catch different types. Cold sores on the mouth are also herpes.

That being said I would tell. She could give him herpes and he could carry it just thinking its jock itch. Down the line if he gave it to his wife when pregnant it could kill or blind the baby. There are times when it can be serious. I personally would just tell him that he should stay away because she is not upfront about her health. Personally I think that usually bleeds over into other areas. Its not a good way to treat people at all. So if she does not care about it..what else is she not going to care about? If she hates you for telling him you can tell her its because she has a history of lying. Its not socially responsible for her to do that.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:02 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
My opinion is to have a talk with the female friend about it. Be respectful, but let her know that he needs to be told before anything happens. And to the person that said he deserves it if he doesn't wear a condom, you're an idiot..

Old 05-09-2010, 11:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
I wouldn't think twice about it. I'd tell him.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Yes, a little education on the subject appears to be in order here. One of my ex-boyfriends was married for several years to a woman with Herpes. He didn't catch it (and for the doubters, yes he did get tested for it)
I know someone who's been married for 18 years with herpes and their spouse HAS NOT contracted it. And yes, they have an active sex life.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:53 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No. What I said was...explain the issue to the girl....FIRST. Find out is there is even any interest there before saying anything further.
It's not his place to share that information, period.

And for those who are saying, "I would want someone to tell me," what--you don't take it upon yourself to find out these things about your partners, yourself?

Old 05-10-2010, 12:00 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:

And for those who are saying, "I would want someone to tell me," what--you don't take it upon yourself to find out these things about your partners, yourself?
EXACTLY. Just like people should take it upon themselves to always use protection and/or abstain from sex until a real relationship has developed.

Play with fire, you get burnt.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
Maybe u can tell him without telling him. I mean maybe u can say something like u know if this is ur choice make sure u r careful. "Never be without a raincoat or u will get something soap and water won't wash off." Of course he is going to want more information, but u say "I can't put anyones business out there, but u have been warned.... look before u leap." I know it seems a little week, but you will have given him enough information to deter him hopefully and not told the girls business exactly.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:42 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
Quote:
Exactly. For all he knows, she may not even want to go out with the guy. Say he tells the guy, and the guy expresses interest in the woman, and she's not interested. Then the OP has blabbed something deeply personal about his female friend over a whole lot of nothing. Meanwhile, the male friend knows and heaven only knows how he handles rejection. Maybe he's a tool like the guys often discussed on other threads. Next thing you know, everyone in their social group knows the woman has herpes.
Yes, my thoughts. I posted in another forum about weight watchers and everybody said that it should be kept a secret yet I think disclosing that somebody has herpes is far more personal that attending Weight Watchers

Old 05-10-2010, 06:20 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:

You must not have read my first post. I said nothing about telling HIM that information - I said NOT to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships