Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Bottom line: We all start to droop and sag at some point, I don't care who you are.
Those of us who've been around a bit know that normal drooping and sagging and bulging will not get in the way of a great roll in the hay.

Body size, shape, and condition are so overrated with regards to great sex. It's about having a fun, adventurous, kind, and giving attitude...and that comes in all shapes and sizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 12:33 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Those of us who've been around a bit know that normal drooping and sagging and bulging will not get in the way of a great roll in the hay.

Body size, shape, and condition are so overrated with regards to great sex. It's about having a fun, adventurous, kind, and giving attitude...and that comes in all shapes and sizes.
Amen!!!!! SOMEONE knows their 'stuff' here!!!!
Those looking for the perfect body don't know what they are missing!

Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
It makes perfect sense to me that the female sex drive would increase as her fertility window closes. Coyness does not behoove one to success when the time is short. One factor also is women under stress are not going to have sex drives because the body is in survival mode. Thus women in their 30s are also relieved of some of the stresses of younger children.

As far as men are concerned just follow health and testosterone. Leaner men who resistance train will likely stay sexually active into their 60s. A healthy man will notice little change until his 40s which will only slightly decline until well into the 50s. Fat increases estrogen levels. Since more men are now fatties an attractive woman in her 40s is to be truly pitied.

Obesity linked to low testosterone in men - Men's health- msnbc.com

The most overlooked reason of course is unattractive partners. I am sure many "frigid" wives have husbands that don't turn them on. One reason why men do not sport an erection at a glace is because the glance back can break a mirror. Matronly, middle aged women don't cause erections. A low sex drive is just too good of an excuse.

The bottom line is It take two to make a libido.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:01 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
^^^^^^I wasn't interested in sex as much when my son was little. It was stressful working full time, taking care of a child, home, etc. My job had a lot to do with it because I was a manager and had to deal with alot of stupid-acting grown up children at work so sex was low on the list.

Now that my son is a teenager (and I changed careers), I enjoy sex much more and demand it.....um...I mean desire it more often.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:12 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,677,191 times
I am 41 my husband is 36. We have a good sex life. I don't think my drive has changed much over the years, except when I was married to my first husband. It's amazing how it picked up after we split.
I don't think I could handle more than my husband. He's a sex machine.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:11 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd_uk View Post
Ok, I know this is a little personal, but anyone who wants to share their own experience, i'd be greatly appreciative.
I'm a guy 26 and my partner is 36. We've been in a relationship now for almost 2 years.
Everything is perfect, in every sense. We're very happy and both in love.
The only thing that made me slightly worried was that we have a family friend who is in her 40's. She tells my partner everything and recently her and her guy have been havin problems because she has little or no sex drive.
So me being a guy in my mid 20's with sex drive still running on a full tank (lol) starts to worry about this sort of stuff. If i'm in my 30's and my partner starts to lose interest in sex, I would still love her, but would make life difficult for me, understandably.
I just wanted to know from anyone's experience female, or a male with partner/wife of that age, how the sex drive changed for them throughout their 30's,40's,50's.

Thanks

Lloyd
Fifties here. Still feeling like a kid; randy most of the time.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
48 here, my sex drive is still the same as when I was 17!
And in response to a certain poster who made derogatory remarks about sagging body parts.....shame on you! There are quite a few of us out here that are in very good shape for our ages.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
48 here, my sex drive is still the same as when I was 17!
And in response to a certain poster who made derogatory remarks about sagging body parts.....shame on you! There are quite a few of us out here that are in very good shape for our ages.
Are you kidding? I know so many people in their 40s and 50s who are in better shape than a helluva lot of 20 and 30-somethings. I think we must appreciate it more because we no longer take it for granted so we buff it up.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:29 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Are you kidding? I know so many people in their 40s and 50s who are in better shape than a helluva lot of 20 and 30-somethings. I think we must appreciate it more because we no longer take it for granted so we buff it up.
Exactly! I was a model in my teens, until I decided I really like to eat.
I have always kept myself in really good shape. Every time I go home to visit I seem to see someone I havent seen since high school, they are always so shocked and say I look the same as I did then!

Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
I don't think age has as much to do with a woman's libido as other factors -- lots of other factors.

My late wife died at age 51, but we had sex almost every day up until her death -- sometimes two or three times. My current wife is in her mid-50s. Confidentialities prevent me from going into detail, but her libido is still working fine. Stress and fatigue play havoc on the libido, however, especially for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships