Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 12:31 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
A psychological problem? No. I don't. I think they just are who they are, and that's that.

I also find it quite hard to believe you know oodles of transexual people, but can still say with a straight face "They're just homosexuals".
Just to add to this, I find it annoying these days that everything that makes people uncomfortable is seen as a "condition" or "problem". I have to admit that I do not know transexuals personally, however I know plenty of people who are gay that perfectly keep to themselves and don't force their sexuality, just as I don't force mine on them. Trans people aren't problems, any more than aging isn't a problem, being gay isn't a problem, or PMS isn't a problem. Sexuality isn't black and white, and I don't believe it ever was. We are thankfully living in a time where it is more accepted to be out of the norm, however unfortunately not everyone is accepting.

It's one thing to say "this isn't for me" and another thing to say that it's a "problem". I believe people who feel hateful towards one particular sexuality are lacking in confidence and personal happiness. Someone's sexuality doesn't offend me any more than someone's choice of fashion, favorite culinary dish, or nail polish color.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:09 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,902,638 times
Don't know if this has been posted because I'm not scanning the entire thread, but allegedly, one of the transsexuals who is allegedly a cause of JLo's recent breakup with her boyfriend looks frighteningly like a woman.

But even still... hell no.

In today's society, you gotta get a background check, and conduct field research.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:25 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,855 times
Transsexuality is not equally distributed btw males & females. The vast majority are men who want to be women. To be more exact, homosexual men who take sad shots at turning into pretty, young females.

(Don't bring up that rare 13 year old cute girl who wants to be a guy--these are exceptions).

Even most females want to be young, pretty girls. As long as possible. It is easier in life. Rewarding emotionally. Easy to have sex. Easier to get perks, attention, a social life, not having to work so hard, and and and.

Transexuals are gays who never wanted to come out of the closet. Make that mom's closet.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:46 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
Transsexuality is not equally distributed btw males & females. The vast majority are men who want to be women. To be more exact, homosexual men who take sad shots at turning into pretty, young females.

(Don't bring up that rare 13 year old cute girl who wants to be a guy--these are exceptions).

Even most females want to be young, pretty girls. As long as possible. It is easier in life. Rewarding emotionally. Easy to have sex. Easier to get perks, attention, a social life, not having to work so hard, and and and.

Transexuals are gays who never wanted to come out of the closet. Make that mom's closet.
You're so wrong that it's not even worth debating. Jeez it's easy enough to research a topic before making snap judgments. Gender and sexuality are not the same.

Also there are a number of gay people who' also have a problem with transgender women in particular. A lot of them would be insulted to read this as gay men are still men that just happen to like men

Old 06-08-2014, 05:20 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
Quote:
A psychological problem? No. I don't. I think they just are who they are, and that's that.

I also find it quite hard to believe you know oodles of transexual people, but can still say with a straight face "They're just homosexuals".
Of course I can give an opinion on it because my sister is transgender, her friends are, many people where I live are transgender, homosexuals.

I never gave a negative opinion about someone being trans or gay. Just that I wouldn't date a gay woman, since I am straight and attracted to straight men, not homosexuals, which transsexuals are.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
No it's not. And FYI I have felt this way since I was little so all the accusations of "freak" are nonsense when had I had understanding parents I would have spoken out at 11 or 12, not waited until I was 22. I did not choose this and this isn't a lifestyle choice. For whatever reason, it's just how I'm wired. Why should I (and others) have to be trapped and miserable just to conform to a society that doesn't care about people anyway? I have always been a girl inside and I needed to do this in order to reconcile my body and soul as best I could. And despite the crap I've gotten on here and other forums and from family and friends who have either distanced themselves or disowned me completely, I am way happier now.
Look. Take it up with the person who called you a freak. I didn't say anything offensive and definitely wasn't the one implying that you suffer from some paradox psychological issue where you believe your body is an alien because your according to some crank your brains are all messed up. Be what you want to be. I'm not sure how it is you took offense to me not being attracted to gay people. I'm straight, not into gays, transsexuals are gay. What's the offensive point there? Stop being intolerant.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:46 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Look. Take it up with the person who called you a freak. I didn't say anything offensive and definitely wasn't the one implying that you suffer from some paradox psychological issue where you believe your body is an alien because your according to some crank your brains are all messed up. Be what you want to be. I'm not sure how it is you took offense to me not being attracted to gay people. I'm straight, not into gays, transsexuals are gay. What's the offensive point there? Stop being intolerant.

That's what I said to her? Really? Because I don't see her having a problem with my post, just yours.

Sounds like you just twisted my words to throw your own feelings in there.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:08 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I'm intolerant? I didn't take offense. I am just pointing out that you're wrong. I have a lot of transgender friends and many are attracted to women, but some are attracted to men, while others are bisexual or pansexual like me. Gay and transgender are not the same.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
That's what I said to her? Really? Because I don't see her having a problem with my post, just yours.

Sounds like you just twisted my words to throw your own feelings in there.
Nope, just revealed yours, and I pointed out to you how ludicrous I think it is to say someone's brain is an aberration from everyone else's just because they're transgender. She doesn't seem to have taken offense to that, but if someone said my brain was "geared" a certain way just because of my sexuality that's natural to me, I'd be offended.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
I'm intolerant? I didn't take offense. I am just pointing out that you're wrong. I have a lot of transgender friends and many are attracted to women, but some are attracted to men, while others are bisexual or pansexual like me. Gay and transgender are not the same.
Oh okay. I consider bisexuals and pansexuals to be homosexual too because they're still sexually attracted to their own sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships