Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:54 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,553,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
how do you determine this?
When they reject you, you'll know.

Keep it movin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 10:54 AM

213 posts, read 417,018 times
Quote:
I don't know.

I just feel really bad about this weekend.. First time I've gone out in a long time, and I just felt so crappy around my friend's sisters, even though even if they were interested in me, nothing would still ever happen..

If I were to just go out, who would I have a realistic chance with?

I've been dumped by single mothers, I've been dumped by childless women.. I mean. What is realistic for me?
dude - work on your self confidence, sometimes good looking women like going out with less attractive men because they'll pamper them and be less likely to stray.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,245,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
One of the reasons that people are unhappy in relationships or can't even get into one is the fact that they are seeking out someone who isn't going to have the slightest interest in them. I've known quite a few guys who were just average looking at best who were only interested in women who looked like models. The result is that they're constantly being rejected. I also notice on profiles on singles sites that the descriptions that women use to describe the kind of man they're looking for are so similar it almost sounds like they're all looking for the same guy. They're also trying to fine someone who's in a league that may be higher than their own and will probably remain single because they're not being realistic about who would be attracted to them.
I've dated what others would consider "Average" women, though to me they were incredibly pretty, and the results were always the same. they had tons of options, and I get dumped.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 AM

857 posts, read 1,424,193 times
There's no such thing as leagues. Its just something people made up to give them an excuse not to try and ask someone out, as in "I can't go talk to her, shes way out of my league."

Old 05-10-2010, 10:56 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,245,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genx View Post
dude - work on your self confidence, sometimes good looking women like going out with less attractive men because they'll pamper them and be less likely to stray.
Any suggestions on how I work on it? People say this all the time, but I don't know how you actually work on it.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:56 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,011,580 times
Quote:
I'm a lawyer who makes low six figures and I have been brutally dumped by women who didn't have college degrees, that made a LOT less money than I do.

Not like I care about that money, degrees, status, but if it was that important to them, I still got brutally dumped, and it wasn't like I mistreated them. They just felt with they could do better, or apparently I was horrible or something like that..

Either way, i think women can be pickier about men.
Dude, are you really an attorney? Grow a backbone, already!!!
The world is your oyster. Why don't you go out with women who have a bachelors/associates/grad degree? Look from personal experience, I got set up on a date with a young woman who only had a high school degree, I overlooked that and went anyway. I shouldn't have, because her mentality was that of a 15 year old, while I had higher aspirations for my life. I didn't pursue going out with her, she wanted the musclehead/bad boy. Cut your losses and move on.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,018,373 times
Quote:
Any suggestions on how I work on it? People say this all the time, but I don't know how you actually work on it.
The way I did it was fake it--pretend I felt confident--until it materialized in me. The more I faked it--for myself--the more results I got. The more results I got (in so many areas of my life), the more confidence it gave me. The more confidence it gave me, the less I had to fake it. It starts with something as small as your walk and talk, eye contact, the way you carry yourself, self-talk, etc. Take it from there.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,449 times
Ive always wondered this..People say it as if its so easy and you can just look at someone and say where on the same level...

Besdies just because you and the whole world might think youre in the same league as this person doesnt automatically mean that person by the laws of nature is gonna be automatically attracted to you..

There could be people you think are above your league who may be attracted to you and people you think are on are below you who may think your unattractive..

Ive always said if this league thing is that strict and my league is people im not attracted to id rather be alone rather then be with someone im lukewarm on just because its my "league"

Old 05-10-2010, 11:08 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,562,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genx View Post
I've seen a picture of him, he's good looking. He just doesn't have a lot of confidence and I believe he's OCD which also contributes to his problems.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:09 AM

213 posts, read 417,018 times
Quote:
First off, take stock of your good qualities and if you are a truly nice, good, kind, considerate, fabulous guy then you should think to yourself any woman would be happy to be with you because you treat people with respect. You're not self-absorbed or shallow, you've got a good job, you've got a good attitude about life and you're a generally positive and happy person to be around. You can make women laugh and you treat them well.

And if you don't have an attractive face, you can at least work on your body, lift some weights, don't have to be overly muscular just generally fit and toned looks nice.

For me at least, it's all about personality - if a guy is a super nice person then that makes him a 10 in my book regardless of how he looks physically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships