Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 01:09 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,741 times

Advertisements

so a "straight" friend of mine and I went out a few nights back to hang out....he got drunk , but I didn't drink and well....he came onto me and now I feel..slightly depressed and weird about this. I never would have expected...how should I act around him? I mean...i don't know if he will even be comfortable around me anymore.....*sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 01:18 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,223,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
so a "straight" friend of mine and I went out a few nights back to hang out....he got drunk , but I didn't drink and well....he came onto me and now I feel..slightly depressed and weird about this. I never would have expected...how should I act around him? I mean...i don't know if he will even be comfortable around me anymore.....*sigh*

Well, I would run from him. That is weird, unless you want to attribute his bizarre behavior to the alcohol. Drinking is way too complicated as well. Does your drunk friend even remember the incident?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:20 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,550 times
Are you female per chance? If so, I think it likely was a response many males have to a female when having a bit too much to drink. Or maybe he's really attracted to you and thought he could be the ONE to change your preferance. However, it's a pretty well known fact that too much to drink makes one a bit incapacitated.

If you're male, I think it would be more awkward for both of you. And your friend may actually have some issues he's dealing with.

If you're really friends, talk to him about it so you can both move forward.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:23 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,445,382 times
You will feel a little awkward, but just don't talk about it further. You'll both get over it. Time tends to smooth things out.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:25 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,547,571 times
Ignore what happened, and see how he behaves around you. I wonder if he really is straight... Alcohol can give people the excuse to do things they'd never do sober, but the tendency or inclination was there before they ever took the first sip. Drunk or sober, I wouldn't choose to do many things, so alcohol only can excuse behavior to a certain point. Just my two cents.

If it's obvious that he's uncomfortable around you, then you can bring it up and try to clear the air a little. Friendships bring closeness, and for men especially, closeness is usually tied up with sexual feelings. I say that because men have buddies they hang with, to play sports or watch football, etc., but men don't generally have the same support systems with other men that women have with other women. Hope this made sense! I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm having trouble putting it into the right words.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
Are you female per chance? If so, I think it likely was a response many males have to a female when having a bit too much to drink. Or maybe he's really attracted to you and thought he could be the ONE to change your preferance. However, it's a pretty well known fact that too much to drink makes one a bit incapacitated.

If you're male, I think it would be more awkward for both of you. And your friend may actually have some issues he's dealing with.

If you're really friends, talk to him about it so you can both move forward.
Well I'm a gay male and I NEVER would have even expected that he was that way. I really wish it never happened, but after he um..came onto me in so many words, he started telling me he still likes girls but he wants to experiment and fool around. Ug...to top it off he is the kinda guy who when something becomes sexual he stops caring about it. With girls once he bangs em he stops caring...so this worries me.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Ignore what happened, and see how he behaves around you. I wonder if he really is straight... Alcohol can give people the excuse to do things they'd never do sober, but the tendency or inclination was there before they ever took the first sip. Drunk or sober, I wouldn't choose to do many things, so alcohol only can excuse behavior to a certain point. Just my two cents.

If it's obvious that he's uncomfortable around you, then you can bring it up and try to clear the air a little. Friendships bring closeness, and for men especially, closeness is usually tied up with sexual feelings. I say that because men have buddies they hang with, to play sports or watch football, etc., but men don't generally have the same support systems with other men that women have with other women. Hope this made sense! I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm having trouble putting it into the right words.
Well you see I would but err..he is one of those males who DO NOT talk about their feelings. Actually i was surprised that we actually managed to become friends considering I am gay and he is the typical man/guy type. Like when he was "flirting" >_>....he kept saying things like "dont tell anyone which is understandable...but he also kept telling me not to get jealous if I see him with a girl, over and over even after I said "trust me I wont" many times. Think this is some backwards kinda way of him telling me he has some kinda feelings towards me? Like trying to see my reaction? For instance when someone wants you to call them pretty so they call themselves ugly in front of you?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:52 PM

164 posts, read 200,140 times
Gay people have straight friends? Since when?

I think the guy is a liar. He has always been gay. Why else would he be hanging out with you?

Old 04-29-2007, 01:53 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
Well you see I would but err..he is one of those males who DO NOT talk about their feelings. Actually i was surprised that we actually managed to become friends considering I am gay and he is the typical man/guy type. Like when he was "flirting" >_>....he kept saying things like "dont tell anyone which is understandable...but he also kept telling me not to get jealous if I see him with a girl, over and over even after I said "trust me I wont" many times. Think this is some backwards kinda way of him telling me he has some kinda feelings towards me? Like trying to see my reaction? For instance when someone wants you to call them pretty so they call themselves ugly in front of you?
Without knowing your friend, it sure sounds to me like he is bi. Between his coming on to you and telling you to not get jealous over seeing him with a girl, I think there is more to him than he was letting on. Maybe he's ready to explore this and figures that since you two are close and you're gay, you'd be someone "safe" to come out to.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Without knowing your friend, it sure sounds to me like he is bi. Between his coming on to you and telling you to not get jealous over seeing him with a girl, I think there is more to him than he was letting on. Maybe he's ready to explore this and figures that since you two are close and you're gay, you'd be someone "safe" to come out to.
That's what I was thinking, I just hope it doesn't ruin our friendship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships