Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men VS Women; who ages more gracefully?
Men age more gracefully 35 79.55%
Women age more gracefully 9 20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:31 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Older women easy? LOL That's strange, the women I know and work with, myself included, became pickier as we got older and don't seem to be so eager so as to settle like we did in our 20s.
Agreed! I wouldn't date the same guys I did in High School or in College as I feel I've gotten pickier (smarter) with every experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 07:31 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I have to say women, i look at pics at some of the women I went to highschool with on their facebook who are in thr 33-35 range and so many of them look 43. I said-"Damm, what happened???
It's not just women, not by a long shot. Same thing goes for the men, most are fat and/or bald or something now. Seems men forget they're aging right along with us or they have a distorted view of the image in the mirror.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:36 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,285,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
This isn't scientific, but when I look around, I see more Men who have let themselves go age-wise than Women.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I used to say men, but I'm starting to change my mind.

Those who take care of their bodies by eating properly, not smoking and exercising age more gracefully.

Same here. So many men get that "stuffed into a sausage skin" look as they age - think Alec Baldwin, William Shatner, Val Kilmer, my ex-husband (LOL), etc. NOT attractive.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:40 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Same here. So many men get that "stuffed into a sausage skin" look as they age - think Alec Baldwin, William Shatner, Val Kilmer, my ex-husband (LOL), etc. NOT attractive.
I was thinking that about Alec Baldwin the other day. Seeing him weekly on 30Rock and having recently viewed "The Getaway" on a local channel is such a huge difference. I'm like "What happened??".

Old 06-09-2010, 07:46 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,285,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
I was thinking that about Alec Baldwin the other day. Seeing him weekly on 30Rock and having recently viewed "The Getaway" on a local channel is such a huge difference. I'm like "What happened??".
Yeah - seriously - I mean, compare him to his ex (Kim Bassinger) - and tell me who aged better? LOL

Old 06-09-2010, 08:06 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
As you gracefully age, getting a little action means you don't need to take a laxative.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
It's not just women, not by a long shot. Same thing goes for the men, most are fat and/or bald or something now. Seems men forget they're aging right along with us or they have a distorted view of the image in the mirror.
I seen pics of my male friends who are 37-43 and they look good. One guy I work with who is 50, looks 39

Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I seen pics of my male friends who are 37-43 and they look good. One guy I work with who is 50, looks 39
I didn't say all. But like with women, it's rare. The studies with statistics on the percentage of people who are out of shape (which is going to cover a lot--if they're not taking care of themselves, they probably don't look their best, right?--includes both men and women.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
supposedly women are born with more fat cells for reproductive purposes anyway, so obesity is usually just a natural progression for women who dont workout, and have a poor diet - and if the hormonal ravages of childbirth have affected them, anything is possible. Men, may or may not become obese due to their diet and exercise habits.

It should also be noted that a great many women also go bald with age; Balding is not exclusive to men by any means. Its not male pattern baldness, but women do go bald, and in no small numbers...often after their hormones are thrown out of whack by childbirth. The only difference in that regard, is really that women have wigs and weaves and extensions to mask many of their aging processes

Old 06-10-2010, 09:34 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
supposedly women are born with more fat cells for reproductive purposes anyway, so obesity is usually just a natural progression for women who dont workout, and have a poor diet - and if the hormonal ravages of childbirth have affected them, anything is possible. Men, may or may not become obese due to their diet and exercise habits.
I think this thread is about "all else being equal." Women may have more fat cells, but that just means they have greater potential to gain fat. Assuming both men and women eat right and exercise, certain changes are unavoidable. Wrinkles, gray hair, sagging skin, etc. are just part of growing old. The difference is that with men, these things aren't really held against them. People will say that wrinkles on a man's face add character. But I have yet to hear them say the same thing about women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships