Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men VS Women; who ages more gracefully?
Men age more gracefully 35 79.55%
Women age more gracefully 9 20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:46 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times

Advertisements

With all the plastic surgery today, if our faces are lies then our necks are the truth. You have to cut open a redwood tree to see how old it is, but you wouldn't have to if it had a neck. Is it true that anything old is not beautiful?

Accepted wisdom has always been that with increasing age, women become elderly, whereas men look ever more distinguished. Women go grey, whereas men simply acquire attractive silver touches in their hair. Women get fat, cut all her hair off and roll it into a ball, whereas men just become – well, nicely substantial. Men can be a little chubby and still look good while women gain a few pounds and are rejected. Or......... do women take better care of themselves while men grow the prego belly and go bald.

Aging gracefully isn't always easy. Who ages more gracefully, men or women? If you are older and searching for a partner, do you look at younger potential partners because they look better? Do you accept your age and accept them for how they look for their age? If you are searching for a partner, do you like younger or older partners? Why do men seem to prefer younger women but women seem to prefer an older man? What gives here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:01 PM

112 posts, read 255,548 times
men hands down

Old 06-07-2010, 08:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
People always say men age more gracefully, but it's also typically understood that women are far more forgiving of poor looks. So, it's not that men look better, it just doesn't matter that they don't look so good.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:11 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
With all the plastic surgery today, if our faces are lies then our necks are the truth. You have to cut open a redwood tree to see how old it is, but you wouldn't have to if it had a neck. Is it true that anything old is not beautiful?

Accepted wisdom has always been that with increasing age, women become elderly, whereas men look ever more distinguished. Women go grey, whereas men simply acquire attractive silver touches in their hair. Women get fat, cut all her hair off and roll it into a ball, whereas men just become – well, nicely substantial. Men can be a little chubby and still look good while women gain a few pounds and are rejected. Or......... do women take better care of themselves while men grow the prego belly and go bald.

Aging gracefully isn't always easy. Who ages more gracefully, men or women? If you are older and searching for a partner, do you look at younger potential partners because they look better? Do you accept your age and accept them for how they look for their age? If you are searching for a partner, do you like younger or older partners? Why do men seem to prefer younger women but women seem to prefer an older man? What gives here?
It all depends on what your genes are, lifestyle and for guys like me, how much abuse your body can take? Most of the guys I work with have knee and back problems along with other complications that go with the business. Like asbestos exposer, glues and sealants, coal dust, fuel oils, mold etc.... etc... I have been exsposed to all of these in my years on the job. What will it do to me in the end? Only time will tell and how rugged I am? I seem to be aging pretty well as of now. I'm just like my dad in that regard. I just wonder what I will be like when I am his age, if I make it that long?LOL........

Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong bundy View Post
men hands down
x2

Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
it depends if a person lives a hard life IE. hard drinking, smoking, excessive tanning, not eating right, not staying fit because all those things can make a person look alot older than they are.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong bundy View Post
men hands down
This. Both men AND women can get surgery, but in the absence of that nature favors men by and large. Quick example:

vs

Last edited by Nutz76; 06-07-2010 at 10:02 PM..

Old 06-07-2010, 09:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
I used to say "men," but I'm having second thoughts in my ol' age. Seems like now that I got older many men my age started looking old to me for some reason! Of course, I still like those I used to like in my 20s, but they don't appear to be the majority... Chances are they also still like women in their 20s, though.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:56 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
Men, as long as they have remained in decent shape for most of their living years. If so, they usually age well. The more time they spend being overweight and/or leading a sedentary lifestyle, the worse the aging.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:59 PM

213 posts, read 416,583 times
Men because they are not held to as high a beauty standard as women. Society's version of beauty for women is a youthful 20 something year old.

For a man, it can vary, in fact some look even better older as they fill out physically and look more distinguished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships