Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 09:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I'm just curious. How do you think the animals embarked the ark on the depicted staircase?

Old 07-19-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
It was George Hagopian that spoke of the venting system. When he was a boy his uncle took him to see the Ark. And Hagopian stated that on top there was a row of at least 50 windows. He stated a small cow could fit through anyone of them. There is a picture taken of the Ark back some years ago by Bob Garbe. Yet Bob stated he only saw the ark after he viewed his photographs. It you look on (PAGE 9) of the link below, just to the left side of the photograph, and just below the snow seen in that photograph. You will see what appers to be the Ark from a distance. If you look at the top of the object, there does appear to be a number of vents running along the top, as pointed out by Hagopian. Both pictures from space, Hagopian, and Ed Davis state that the Ark is broken in two. And if I am correct, I believe NAMI also state that there is another section of the Ark up there, that is broken away from the other section.

Noah's Ark Photos and Information
However, 50 windows is not biblically correct!

Genesis 6:16 states only one window was to be built.

Quote:
16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
(King James Version)

Interestingly the window reference is left out of the New International Version entirely.

Quote:
16 Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks.
(New International Version)

Perhaps when the translators worked on the more contemporary version, they realized how improbable it would be for ventilation so they just dropped it from scripture.

Last edited by jojajn; 07-19-2010 at 10:43 AM..

Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times
Seems old Noah didn't adhere to the architect's design plans.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Perhaps Noah understood about ventilation issues more than God.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:02 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,647,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I doubt that Elfred thought about these issues when he created this imaginary imagery, NB. He did what he was paid to do is all. The rest is in the imagination of the viewer, which, as we've seen, is very easily stimulated.
My thoughts exactly RM. But then again, C34 did provide the link to this powerfully persuasive image as reassurance of the authenticity of George Hagopian's childhood recollection. The painting must surely be an accurate depiction of the event. Think of the thrill a child would have going the Ark (located near the top of Mt. Ararat) with his uncle to scamper around on a slippery surface covered with semi-frozen soggy green moss atop a structure equal to being on the sloping roof of a 3-story building. And climbing those slippery stairs must've been good fun considering the dangerous risk of sliding off the roof to the hard, jagged, unforgiving rocks below. From the look of the painting, little Georgie would've been up there entirely on his own. The first step at the bottom of the stairs looks to be well beyond the reach of George's uncle, even if he jumped up as hard as he could. I wonder if Curious George's mom knew about all that? No reason to think the painting is anything less than an accurate portrayal of how it was, is there? After all, the illustration is more of Campbell's smoking gun evidence that the Ark is indeed actually located up there on Ararat. If George said it is, and Campbell believes that to be true, then the question is settled. I'm thoroughly convinced. I'm just waiting to see what kind of frosting NAMI will add to the cake. Aren't you?

Vents or no vents, I don't think I'd want to be lighting up any oil lamps with all the gaseous fumes building up in there. KA-FWOOM! Maybe Noah used glow-in-the-dark pitch to waterproof the Ark? Gotta be some way to see what you're scooping up during clean-up duty on those lower decks. It staggers the mind. Just imagine, not only would there have most likely been loud claps of thunder from the storm, but there would've been the constant din of noxious thunder generated by all the animals on board. The dinos alone must've produced some mighty hefty floor-shaking boomers.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:33 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,560,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
And the change orders, and board reviews, the environmental impact statements, cost justifications, etc. Noah would have just thrown down his tools and started a rain dance.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:31 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,979,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
At last! A true statement from you. It makes little difference to you whether there is truth or not as long as you can speak your personal, unverifiable and fanatical beliefs.

It would make little difference to me if it were revealed to be a hoax. And that is because I already know the truth. Yet I believe it is true, based on the evidence so far. And I hope for those who need such evidence, that it is the Ark of Noah. And please, don't try to suggest that the truth does not matter to me. It is because I believe the accounts from the past, and I believe the NAMI, that I believe what they have found is the Ark of Noah. Yet, my faith is not built on their discovery.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
However, 50 windows is not biblically correct!

Genesis 6:16 states only one window was to be built.

(King James Version)

Interestingly the window reference is left out of the New International Version entirely.

(New International Version)

Perhaps when the translators worked on the more contemporary version, they realized how improbable it would be for ventilation so they just dropped it from scripture.

I used the word window, when vent would of been more appropiate. No doubt, there are many features on the Ark that are not spoken of in the Scriptures. So I would not get to excited about my misuse of terminology.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:52 PM

33,570 posts, read 37,191,473 times
Quote:
It would make little difference to me if it were revealed to be a hoax. And that is because I already know the truth. Yet I believe it is true, based on the evidence so far. And I hope for those who need such evidence, that it is the Ark of Noah. And please, don't try to suggest that the truth does not matter to me. It is because I believe the accounts from the past, and I believe the NAMI, that I believe what they have found is the Ark of Noah. Yet, my faith is not built on their discovery.
Yup, I believe you...If for some reason all of the ice and snow melted off Ararat, and there was no ark to be seen, you would still believe it was there, but invisible.

YouTube - Noahs ark commercial

Old 07-19-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I'm just curious. How do you think the animals embarked the ark on the depicted staircase?

According to those on the Russian expedition back around 1916. There was a side door on the Ark, that measured about 20 feet by 20 feet. That would be the door that the animals entered, and left the Ark. It is believed that the staircase was added long after Noahs time by pilgrim's who would go to Mt. Arrarat to see the Ark. In ancient times, the Arks existance was common knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality