Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:02 PM

454 posts, read 498,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post

If God is almighty, why can't he kill Satan?.
Well I would say that Satan and his demons have infected God's creation. God wants to clean the vast portion of his creation. What remains dirty he will destroy.

ie, to destroy Satan requires destroying the world. God is compassionate, just, merciful and loving. He does not delight in destruction of those who love him so he exercises his immense patience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Why would anyone want/expect 'Jesus' to 'love' them, in light of the fact that he encouraged slave beating?
LOL! What makes you think he encouraged slave beating? He encourages discipline but I don't know about slave beating. What are you referring to Tantalust?

Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,112,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Thank God that God sent his son Jesus Christ to come into the world, live a perfect life and reunite us with the Father by allowing himself to die on the cross!

The less common sense it makes, the more tenaciously you cling to it.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:

The less common sense it makes, the more tenaciously you cling to it.
Oh, i'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or not. I suppose I will just say thank you and hope for the best.God bless you.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
LOL! What makes you think he encouraged slave beating?

Hello?
I'm referring to passages in your bible?

Luke 12:47 "That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:25 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Well I would say that Satan and his demons have infected God's creation. God wants to clean the vast portion of his creation. What remains dirty he will destroy.

ie, to destroy Satan requires destroying the world. God is compassionate, just, merciful and loving. He does not delight in destruction of those who love him so he exercises his immense patience.
Your "compassionate, just and loving" God already destroyed the world, (well at least the creatures on it), once before according to the myth you believe....Satan (another mythical creature) has never done anything remotely as vicious....So I say, yes they should switch, Satan is the better of the two......Seeing that I think it's all just make believe though, it doesn't matter what I, or anyone else thinks.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:28 PM

That switch would never work, Satan's horns would get in the way of his holy heavenly halo.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:51 PM

That's a nice parable isn't Tantalust? Do you think that it is encourage the beating of slaves? I would say that it is encouraging obedience to ones master.
How the days do pass with light and ease when one obeys the Lord and loves his enemies as himself!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your "compassionate, just and loving" God already destroyed the world, (well at least the creatures on it), once before according to the myth you believe....Satan (another mythical creature) has never done anything remotely as vicious....So I say, yes they should switch, Satan is the better of the two......Seeing that I think it's all just make believe though, it doesn't matter what I, or anyone else thinks.
Hello Sanspeur. Yes, I know he did. The time of The Great Flood was definitely a dark time on earth wasn't it. All the humans had decided that God wasn't real and therefore all their thoughts were wicked and opposed to God. We're lucky at this exact moment that there are a few humans who have Christ (righteousness) in their heart and mind. But I do not think this will remain the case for much longer. The fire which consumes is coming!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Do you think that it is encourage the beating of slaves?
Obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality