Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 01:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Me and my boyfriend were watching some tv last night on hulu.com and came across this show.

Hulu - 30 Days: Atheist/Christian - Watch the full episode now. (http://www.hulu.com/watch/56912/30-days-atheistchristian - broken link)

We've watched 30 days before, but found this (and the pro choice/pro life) episodes very interesting. You do unfortunately have to sign up for a hulu account since it has 'adult content', but I think it's well worth it. Me and my boyfriend stayed up discussing the episode for quite some time.

Enjoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Me and my boyfriend were watching some tv last night on hulu.com and came across this show.

Hulu - 30 Days: Atheist/Christian - Watch the full episode now. (http://www.hulu.com/watch/56912/30-days-atheistchristian - broken link)

We've watched 30 days before, but found this (and the pro choice/pro life) episodes very interesting. You do unfortunately have to sign up for a hulu account since it has 'adult content', but I think it's well worth it. Me and my boyfriend stayed up discussing the episode for quite some time.

Enjoy
You didn't know it was a sin to stay up late and talk with a member of the opposite sex unless you were married??? Tsk... Tsk... Tsk...

Old 06-04-2009, 03:02 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
You didn't know it was a sin to stay up late and talk with a member of the opposite sex unless you were married??? Tsk... Tsk... Tsk...
Hay Troop, this is the R&P Forum, they're allowed to do that here....

Old 06-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post

Hunny, if only you knew the amount of sinning I get done on a daily basis... you'd wonder how I ever have the time!

Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,111 times
I saw that show too. I wonder why the show chose to have the atheist live with the christians. Why not the other way around where the christian lives with the atheist. When I think of it all I can do is chuckle.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:19 PM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earther View Post
I saw that show too. I wonder why the show chose to have the atheist live with the christians. Why not the other way around where the christian lives with the atheist. When I think of it all I can do is chuckle.
It was done that way to make for better tv. Face it, christians slather their bible, their god, and their religion over every aspect of their lives, while atheists simply live their lives. So you put an atheist in a hostile environment, but the other way around it's just not terribly confrontational and this a lot less interesting. Remember that wife swap episode with the fat fundie wacko lady who kept screaming "IT'S DARK SIDED!!!" about everything, and yet her unbeliever counterpart was actually quite pleasant and not freaky at all.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:52 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
It was done that way to make for better tv. Face it, christians slather their bible, their god, and their religion over every aspect of their lives, while atheists simply live their lives. So you put an atheist in a hostile environment, but the other way around it's just not terribly confrontational and this a lot less interesting. Remember that wife swap episode with the fat fundie wacko lady who kept screaming "IT'S DARK SIDED!!!" about everything, and yet her unbeliever counterpart was actually quite pleasant and not freaky at all.
Oh my....I saw that episode and that woman was a whackjob of the highest order!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earther View Post
I can just imagine what would happen if the Christian went to live with an Atheist family...

Sunday Morning
Christian: You don't go to church?!?!!
Atheist: Uh...no. I'm an Atheist...didn't they go over this with you?
Christian: Well, I'm going to church!!!
Atheist: Um. Okay. Have fun.

End of episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality