Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
Well good grief! I wish someone would have told my gay brother this when he was going through the turbulant teenage years. Feeling that no one understood him, longing to live a normal life, the numerous suicide attempts becasue he thought he was a freak of nature. Too bad you werent there 20 years ago to tell him to choose to be straight instead of the sexual divent that he is! That would have made things much easier on him and our entire family!!! Maybe you can go talk to him and all of the other gay people that I know that if they would just choose to be attracted to women, their lives would be so much better.
Why don't you tell him now? Better yet - bring a girl home for him and say - fall in love with her. I mean - it's a choice, right? He could choose to just fall in love with her. I think I'm going to spread the news to all my gay friends and relatives! You can just choose to be straight! It's really that simple! I'm also going to tell my straight friends to choose to be gay - just to make things equal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,661,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why don't you tell him now? Better yet - bring a girl home for him and say - fall in love with her. I mean - it's a choice, right? He could choose to just fall in love with her. I think I'm going to spread the news to all my gay friends and relatives! You can just choose to be straight! It's really that simple! I'm also going to tell my straight friends to choose to be gay - just to make things equal.
Just so you know, I was being sarcastic. Since obviously Soleytaire is an expert on homosexuality and knows more about what it is like to be gay than gay people themselves.
I tired to edit my post before anyone replyed to make it more clear but I missed the buzzer.
My apologies.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Just so you know, I was being sarcastic. Since obviously Soleytaire is an expert on homosexuality and knows more about what it is like to be gay than gay people themselves.
I tired to edit my post before anyone replyed to make it more clear but I missed the buzzer.
My apologies.
I knew you were being sarcastic - I was adding on to your post - not commenting on it. No need for an apology. I'm sorry you didn't get my post!

Old 08-26-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
My apologies.
Just to clarify - we are of the same belief.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:55 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
My apologies.
I know I feel ya. it is just absurd that some think gay people have a choice, they can just choose to not be gay. Why would anyone choose to be protested against, rallied against, discriminated, cut off for family that does not agree with them and be called names and treated horrible. It really is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality