Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Old Testament prophecy tells us that Christ would be betrayed, and what Judas did was just another accurate fulfillment of one of the prophecies found in the Old Testament.
More circular reasoning old thing? The OT says Jesus will be betrayed and the NT says he was!!

Now you see old chap, if your Bible really was true you would have to conclude that yer man Judas was especially chosen by your god to carry out what had to be done....to fulfil the prophecy as it were. Without old Judas, the plan couldn't have worked, he was all part of your god's plan. Yet you denounce him??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
I gave my life to Jesus 49 years ago. And when you really love someone you never leave them behind. Jesus once spoke to me and told me, that if I continue to follow Him He would take care of me. I have always followed Him, and He has always taken care of me.
Yep! He takes care of Campo and ignores the cries of starving children. What a dude!!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Of course it would be a "sneak attack". I can't imagine another country's leaders announcing it in advance.

You are way out of date with "Russia and its allies". It will likely be Iran which attacks Israel (or possibly the other way round) which may well precipitate WW3.

I'm glad I wasn't anywhere near you on the road when your god "spoke" to you in the middle of a prayer. That's probably at least as dangerous as texting. I might well have experienced the oblivion which we will all experience a little ahead of time.
I am of Russian descent. It will be Russia. Russia has been arming Iran for years. They will work together. Russia is currently aiming to fullfill their plan callled the "push south". This is where Russia plans to occupy all of the countries that were part of the Byzantine empire.

Russia may be quiet, but it is just in waiting. The people in Russia do not care if it takes a millenia, they will wait. Russians are very used to waiting.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
I gave my life to Jesus 49 years ago. And when you really love someone you never leave them behind. Jesus once spoke to me and told me, that if I continue to follow Him He would take care of me. I have always followed Him, and He has always taken care of me.

Are you sure that it wasn't the nursing staff?

Old 09-08-2010, 10:26 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
Nikk: I don't think Iran and Israel will wait anywhere near a millenium ("millenia" is plural) to have their military confrontation. Perhaps Russia can wait. I have no doubt that she is 'fishing in troubled waters' in Iran.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:46 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default My Prophecy!

Anyone or any country larger than a postage stamp who thinks the consequences of a nuclear interaction/exchange will be livable is certifiably nutball. The Russians know full well that if even one of America's Trident Boomers is left to launch in retaliation, their country will be unlivable for, oh, 150 - 200 years. They wouldn't gain ANYTHING, frankly.

It's just the impatient, fiercely jealous Muslims, celebrating in their vast population's illiteracy, that can even stupidly entertain such an idea, and there certainly would be, essentially, nothing left of them if they decided to start "something". In fact, I'd expect the greater global community, now officially tired and fed-up with rampant, frightening Islamic fundamentalism, would want the Western powers, incl. Western Europe, to finish the job off once and for all, soz we'd never have to deal with them EVER AGAIN. I mean, we'd turn selected parts of the ME into, essentially, glass if they launched first, even on Israel. The Final Crusades, so to speak.

BTW, NIKK, the Russian people are far different than they were even 15 - 20 years ago. In 1980, I bought, brand-new, a Russian-built Lada Niva in Canada, and the Russians who dropped them off in Halifax would buy even old rusty 6 cyl. Dodge Darts to take back to Mother Russia. The Niva was, BTW, a total pile of junk.

http://www.auto-types.com/images/lad...Niva_1_8e1.jpg

(it caught fire in the under-dash wiring on Day Two of my ownership, with less than 150 miles on the clock...Oh goody!)

Russians have been vastly and irreversibly Westernized (as have the Chinese...), which isn't culturally or necessarily a good thing, IMHO, but nonetheless, it's a fact. They all want to be good little consumers and live with heat, light, and lotsa nifty electronic stuff. Why... even East Africa is experiencing a cell phone boom, I heard yesterday.

After all, who wants to go back to communal farming in communal housing, on faulty Russian-built tractors, and to eating moldy bread and luke-warm sauerkraut for dinner when you an have hot, tasty McDonald's? Or KFC? With hot, carbo-loaded gravy no less! A Russian's dream dinner!

And why is it that no-one in general wants to immigrate back there, for the most part, but lots of them want to come here, where all is so evil and consumerist?

I'd be a bit suspect about looking to the Russians to happily fulfill ambiguous biblical prophecies, but even so, some things, in a world of uncontrolled population growth, are quite predictable, and thus bound to happen. No magic or prophecy required, frankly. That stuff's just for the faithful to bite down on.

Too many rats in the maze spells trouble, until those population numbers re-stabilize, which they always do post-apocalypse. But hopefully next time the survivors won't create a fake wooden God to "take care of everything".... I'd prefer logic and compassion and (oh no) common sense.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:02 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Anyone or any country larger than a postage stamp who thinks the consequences of a nuclear interaction/exchange will be livable is certifiably nutball. The Russians know full well that if even one of America's Trident Boomers is left to launch in retaliation, their country will be unlivable for, oh, 150 - 200 years. They wouldn't gain ANYTHING, frankly.
Absoultly. I worked on nuclear weapons when I was in the Navy. The "A" school training not only taught us many of the fine points of servicing and maintaining them, but included a lot of training of the effects of nuclear weapons.

No one will survive a nuclear war, the fortunate will be killed in the first blasts, those not killed by the blasts will die a horrible death. We had 'a considerable number' of these weapons stored in our magazines, and we were only one ship. Nor did we have the really big boys that ICBMs deployed.

I have actually sat on these weapons many times while working in the magazines (a.k.a. Slim Pickins in Dr. Strangelove) but safely in it's cradle in a magazine, and based on my training, that is the cat birds seat to have when the ultimate act of stupidity occurs.

The fact that men that believe in imaginary gods have their finger on this button scares the poo out of me.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:24 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The fact that men that believe in imaginary gods have their finger on this button scares the poo out of me.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:02 AM

Ditto.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I couldn't agree more.
The prophecies of the Bible are not imaginary. And only those who could ignore them are the ones living in such an imaginary world. Such people seem to have no ability to put 2+2 together. They ignore the details of the Bible and live in their isolated imaginary secular world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality