Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 04:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times

Advertisements

Reason to Believe is a website dedicated to "bridging the gap between science and faith." The science is pretty good and will help some of you doubting Christians a religious foundation into modern science.

Reasons To Believe: Hugh Ross, Fazale Rana, Kenneth Samples, David Rogstad, Jeff Zweerink

Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 04:30 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,825,685 times
Has Hugh Ross changed his position on Evolution?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:36 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,507,074 times
The first thing I saw on that site:
Quote:
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that naturalism fails the coherence test? According to science, an effect cannot be greater than its cause. In the case of evolution, the “effect” (human intelligence) is exponentially greater than its supposed cause. (Learn more about worldview tests in A World of Difference.)
Fail.

On many different levels, a fail.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:12 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
The first thing I saw on that site:

Fail.

On many different levels, a fail.
It ain't perfect but you got to start somewhere.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:34 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Personally I don't believe in The Bible; but I wish more people would realize that Science is NOT an enemy of religion and only seeks the truth and expanding Man's understanding of nature. Here's a GREAT link on Evolution from National Geographic Magazine that puts theories into the correct perspective for those who choose to only believe the Scientific theories that fit their faith/beliefs.

Was Darwin Wrong? @ National Geographic Magazine

Old 09-07-2010, 11:01 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times
Scientific explanations have been replacing religious mythological "explanations" for hundreds of years. While science may not be an overt enemy of religion, it's doing a good job of cutting into its territory and reason for being.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,354,425 times
I am by non means a theist. However, I don't believe in evolution one bit. The evidence behind intelligent design is quite strong. Darwin's theory that replaced "God" with "Natural Selection" was politically motivated IMO. Simply put, Darwin was wrong. If he had DNA evidence in front of him 160 years ago, he NEVER would have stated that men evolved from apes. NEVER. At best, apes and humans share a common ancestor. Neither evolved from the other. This is a FACT that our modern day geneticists has proven. The problem is that these same geneticist has also found that we have a "missing link" currently not found on Earth. This missing link has given us the gene that is responsible for our larger brains. Humans are the only creature on Earth with this gene (and this gene is so complex that it did not have enough time to "evolve" on Earth; life on Earth hasn't been around long enough to warrant such a complex gene as this one). This is a problem because our governments currently hide the existence of this "missing link" from the public. Here is a hint. The only other known "homo-sapiens" are the ones that fly around in UFOs (and they came from places that are old enough to have evolved such a gene as the one we have). Makes you wonder how did we get this gene huh?

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 09-07-2010 at 11:53 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The only other known "homo-sapiens" are the ones that fly around in UFOs (and they came from places that are old enough to have evolved such a gene as the one we have). Makes you wonder how did we get this gene huh?
Astronaut on Salamanca cathedral which was built in 1102!! By George!! Is she on to something?!?!? .

Old 09-08-2010, 09:33 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,507,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Personally I don't believe in The Bible; but I wish more people would realize that Science is NOT an enemy of religion and only seeks the truth and expanding Man's understanding of nature. Here's a GREAT link on Evolution from National Geographic Magazine that puts theories into the correct perspective for those who choose to only believe the Scientific theories that fit their faith/beliefs.

Was Darwin Wrong? @ National Geographic Magazine
Good link.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:53 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
It ain't perfect but you got to start somewhere.
No, I don't think so. You mean we gotta get started on unraveling the known facts of this world, those which were simply exposed by the scientific method of answering questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Scientific explanations have been replacing religious mythological "explanations" for hundreds of years. While science may not be an overt enemy of religion, it's doing a good job of cutting into its territory and reason for being.
I'd say that any system that provides a plethora of proven-absolutely-correct answers, but in doing so flies smack in the face of ancient, triblaly oriented fairy-tale beliefs, is going to be seen as "the enemy", and will this be the subject of endless lies, fabrications and mis-interpretations. I, for one, see religion as the true enemy of advancement and knowledge. Hey; they admit to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I am by non means a theist. However, I don't believe in evolution one bit. The evidence behind intelligent design is quite strong. Darwin's theory that replaced "God" with "Natural Selection" was politically motivated IMO. Simply put, Darwin was wrong. If he had DNA evidence in front of him 160 years ago, he NEVER would have stated that men evolved from apes.

NEVER. At best, apes and humans share a common ancestor. Neither evolved from the other. This is a FACT that our modern day geneticists has proven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman
Oh really? You're talking to one. in the flesh. Ready to refute incorrect or blatanty falsified Creationist lies. Please explain in detail where modern-day geneticists have proven we have no relationship, via an earlier ancestor, to ape or any other animals? You're absolutely mis-stating the facts!

So please, go ahead: enlighten ME, but with credible links. otherwise you're just parroting what the Creationist and ID websites have misinformed you of. And believe me, most all of what they say is scientifically inaccurate. How does it feel to be the participant in batent falsehoods just because you don't like to know the truth?

What, you willing to call me a liar or not knowledgeable on the subject? Evolution's provably true, trust me. What you say is is not; when the websites say "A", and the truth is "B", what ARE we to believe?? What are YOU to believe?

Unless, of course, you desperately WANT to believe "A no matter if it's right or wrong.
The problem is that these same geneticist has also found that we have a "missing link" currently not found on Earth. This missing link has given us the gene that is responsible for our larger brains. Humans are the only creature on Earth with this gene (and this gene is so complex that it did not have enough time to "evolve" on Earth; life on Earth hasn't been around long enough to warrant such a complex gene as this one). This is a problem because our governments currently hide the existence of this "missing link" from the public. Here is a hint. The only other known "homo-sapiens" are the ones that fly around in UFOs (and they came from places that are old enough to have evolved such a gene as the one we have). Makes you wonder how did we get this gene huh?
Ohhh oh... Now I see. You've a wacko, one who has read this on one of those wcko websires. Acknowlegement of asome missing link gene? whta cr@p. Link please. PLEASE!

(PS: you won't find one in a CREDIBLE journal of peer-=reviewed science. The Nutto-Loonoid Christian UFO Creationist Monthly Space-Comic perhaps, but Nature? Or The Journal of Experimental Genetics? I highly doubt it.

{BTW, to se the record straight, the so-called "missing link" is absolutely no longer sought by anyone. That idea, which originated in the Royal British Explorer's Society, was fomented by wanna-be explorers looking for a big budget to go off to "Darkest Africa" and gain their kudos from their peers.

We now know evolution is ongoing, generation by generation. I'm a "transitional", you're a "transitional",. all God's chilluns is "transitionals". A fact, easily proven now with DNA genome mapping.

You're talking out of your hat here, with proveably utter nonsense.

You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality