Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:38 AM

28,961 posts, read 30,311,726 times

Advertisements

Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning | 6abc.com

This man is a nut...power hungry and has an agenda...which is going to get him more church money, more members...I cannot beleive the media is covering this....this is going to start a lot of bad things, not to mention, undo everything we've done in the middle east....plus, get our men killed...but, apparently, this extremist...is only concerned about his agenda and not human life....???? The media is coverning this, b/c they are liberal facisits...and all for socialization...people mistakenly mix up the word facisit with Hitler, however, Hitler killing the Jews had nothing to do with Facisium....

It's going to far, and I cannot believe once again, religion is going to get people killed....how are we any better then The Terrorists?

People are sick, sick, sick, and it's time that the Christian community come forth and denouce this act....I can't believe people are standing by and allowing this to happen? We haven't progressed, we've regressed....this act is primitive hype to start problems...and believe you me, if this man goes ahead with this, then every human being who is killed afterwards, he should be held accountable....he will undo everything our men died for in the middle east!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,551,185 times
Silence by christians at such a demonstration of pure hatred are affirming their agreement with the hatred by their silence. The reason they are not protesting, as their belief in what they call a loving god is so twisted and distorted, that they agree with the Koran burning, yet are cowards without the courage to show their true colors.

The so called christian that does NOT activity oppose this demonstration of pure christian hatred is as vile and completable as the hate mongers sponsoring the burn.

Evidence indicates that dinosaurs were eradicated from this planet by a large meteor strike, men with holy books in their hand will be the catalyst that eradicate humans from this planet

Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,226,903 times
where do you get the idea Christians are not denouncing this?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,551,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
where do you get the idea Christians are not denouncing this?
Some are, but the vast majority are not, thus affirming their agreement.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:01 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,479,983 times
I'll bet many Christians haven't even heard of this. I'm sure many who have heard, disapprove. And many of the same people wouldn't care enough to protest if someone wanted to burn Bibles. Why? Because the whole situation really doesn't mean anything other than to some fringe elements. It's stupidly provocative. *Yawn*

Old 09-08-2010, 08:05 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,508,869 times
I'm sorry, but I disagree. I think you've gone too far in accommodating the radical islamist.

You should not be offended that people are going to burn a religious text.
You should be offended that people are going to get violent because of it.

That is the real outrage here - that we are treating violent islamist like they are our abusive alcoholic fathers, and we have to placate them or "we'll get what's coming to us." Your post seems to not only accept the radical islamist violent response, but also to legitimize it.

Not me.

I'm going to burn a Koran on 9/11. I'll burn a bible at the same time, and post pictures here for anyone to see. I don't care if it causes violence. On the contrary, I hope I "smoke out" the radicals, and we can take the battle to them. Because I think my right to point out how bigoted and insane these religions are is far greater than their right to Jihad if I insult their celestial dictator. It's worth fighting for.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:11 AM

28,961 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Christains everywhere should be sickened by this, and if they don't know it, they should get they're heads out of the sand, b/c this nut case who is going to burn all those korins, is going to start something that is much greater then all of us.

It's time Christains become working Christians and get informed and involved...this is the very reason I quit organized religion....b/c people that call themselves Christains are not out raged by such henous crimes...

God puts you on this earth, gives you the miracle of life, and gives you freedom of will....but he's not going to sit back and work miracles while everyone prays and kills each other...sooner or later you've got to become involved....and make a stand....not to mention, inform yourselfs....

this man who calls himself a paster, has an agenda...and that is, to bring in more members to his church, more money, he doesn't care about the damage it will cause and the men it will kill....

I hope and pray...that every soldier that looses his/her life in the Middle East from this point on, well, quit frankly, the news media and this nut should be held accountable....they are already burning flags and Bibles in the MIddle east b/c of this...

Old 09-08-2010, 08:11 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,040,895 times
I bet that they don't ever burn the qurans. It's probably just a publicity stunt.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:13 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,560,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
how are we any better then The Terrorists?
We are not. Haven't you heard, we ARE the barbarians. Read your history.

As for standing by, we're conditioned to stand by and allow injustice. There are two classes in present day society: wolves, and cattle. The wolves commit the hate crimes, and the cattle look on and continue grazing.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:16 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,442,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning

Church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning | 6abc.com

This man is a nut...power hungry and has an agenda...which is going to get him more church money, more members...I cannot beleive the media is covering this....this is going to start a lot of bad things, not to mention, undo everything we've done in the middle east....plus, get our men killed...but, apparently, this extremist...is only concerned about his agenda and not human life....???? The media is coverning this, b/c they are liberal facisits...and all for socialization...people mistakenly mix up the word facisit with Hitler, however, Hitler killing the Jews had nothing to do with Facisium....

It's going to far, and I cannot believe once again, religion is going to get people killed....how are we any better then The Terrorists?

People are sick, sick, sick, and it's time that the Christian community come forth and denouce this act....I can't believe people are standing by and allowing this to happen? We haven't progressed, we've regressed....this act is primitive hype to start problems...and believe you me, if this man goes ahead with this, then every human being who is killed afterwards, he should be held accountable....he will undo everything our men died for in the middle east!
I think your flipping out by the actions of one obscure pastor and his 50 member church. Your reaction is not in relation to the act. Now if this was done by one of the mega churches, that could be a problem. But the media focussing on one miniscule church has blown it out of proportions. If the media never mentioned it, the muslim world would not have known about it, because they watch American news.

So, if your going to be upset, be upset with the media that is causing the minute acts of a few Americans to put the country at risk and the American men and woman in the ME at risk. They are dredging the bottom of society for stories that will sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.