Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 11:39 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,101 times

Advertisements

They believe since Jesus didn't come through Joseph's seed that he was sinless. So, what does this make of Mary? Does this mean that the woman is just some little, non-human, incapable to pass sin on, second class person? They have to use their mental gymnastics to make the woman's womb a place of incorruption. In doing so they relegate the woman to a lowlier rung on the ladder of humanity. Eve didn't originally sin as bad as Adam did in their eyes, because well she's a woman and a woman just doesn't have the superior faculties to know right from wrong.....not like the superior more logical man. Nope, she just ate of the apple because that meanie serpent tricked her puny, little female mind into taking a bite! But, man on the other hand.....he knew what the what was all about. Maybe, this is why the Jews don't believe in original sin....and don't think the coming messiah will be anything supernatural. Maybe, they understand the mental gymnastics that the pagan christians had to take to form the "sinless womb". If I were a woman i'd be like, "Ahem, excuse me, but I can make my own mistakes and know when I'm making them. And don't need any man's help to make them for me!". Happy Jolly Daze, everyone

Old 12-19-2012, 12:31 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
It's almost as if religion makes no sense whatsoever

Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Biblically speaking, sin is passed down from the father. That's why it says that sin entered the world through Adam. It's called Federal Headship. Adam was the head of the family, and the head of the human race. It's also why man is called the "head" of the woman. And why Jesus is the "Head" of the church.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Biblically speaking, sin is passed down from the father. That's why it says that sin entered the world through Adam. It's called Federal Headship. Adam was the head of the family, and the head of the human race. It's also why man is called the "head" of the woman. And why Jesus is the "Head" of the church.
So, woman is the neck? She's there to prop up the male head? Man, Christians are silly

Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
So, woman is the neck? She's there to prop up the male head? Man, Christians are silly
It doesn't call the woman anything like that. She is the man's helpmate. The church is referred to as the "Body of Christ" because he's the Head.

If you'd like to discuss it intelligently we can continue.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,117,418 times
Quote:
sin is passed down from the father.
So if two females have a child that child would be sinless?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
It doesn't call the woman anything like that. She is the man's helpmate. The church is referred to as the "Body of Christ" because he's the Head.

If you'd like to discuss it intelligently we can continue.
She was designed to be his helper, but the man wasn't. The man was designed to be sole ruler over the earth and its earthly inhabitants(animals,etc)....oh, and I almost forgot ruler over women. Your religion relegates woman to that of can't survive without man. Man could in the beginning of your creation account survive without woman, but his god saw how it'd make him lonely so god poofed into existence a special little helper for him. Being lonely, you still can survive. It's not fun, but survival is still attainable. To be created for the purpose of being someone's aide(as woman was), means you need your host(which is man) to be able to survive. It's like a secretary. The secretary has no job without a boss, but the boss even without a secretary can still do business. It'll be harder, but business can still go on. So it is with man in your story book(the bible). Ergo, accordingly woman in a biblical sense is a parasite. And since it was written by misogynistic goat herders it definitely comes out as such.....clear as day.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
How is that possible Aeroman?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,117,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
How is that possible Aeroman?
Mouse Created From All-Female DNA - ABC News

Female to Female Reproduction based on Genetics | AfterEllen.com

BBC News | SCI/TECH | Lesbian couples 'could have own baby'

I can find more if you like.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
So if two females have a child that child would be sinless?
Biblically...yes. But 2 women can't conceive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality