Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:45 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If they have compelling reasons and rationale for their disagreement . . . of course not. BUT . . . if they play the juvenile and unsupported "gibberish" game founded in nothing but ignorant opinion . . . then yes they would remain so.

I agree.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:48 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Clearly the only person impressed with your dubious PhD is you, and it still doesn't add anything credible to your ramblings and attempts to blur the line between delusion and what you hope to prove with little attempts at wordsmithing.
WRONG!

I have concluded and determined that Mystics' synthesis is the most logical, reasonable, sensible, and OBVIOUS concept EVER.

Once you REALLY consider/contemplate it...with a truly open mind...it is clear that it has more to offer than anything yet.

It reconciles science with spirituality perfectly... and it's completely void of the hocus-pocus whoo-haa that permeates most all religious dogma. It logically answers what has been previously answered with either "religious dogma" or "we don't know"...neither of which cuts it.

Mystic is one of the more enlightened people to ever live.

If anyone has something better...I'd like to hear it. BTW..."I/we don't know" isn't something better.

He has been good enough to share his knowledge with us...too bad many won't even consider it.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:48 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Well that's great for youI guess others are just not as well adjusted as you? I'm happy you have friends.
Can you make a statement without having to use the rolling eyes symbol? I guess if you have to cling to something invisible to make you feel worthy, whatever gets you through I guess, but to find no purpose in life, well sad.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:52 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
To your standards of course, which we will never meet. Why do you waste your time on us intellectually challenged lazy midgets anyway? I am sure my two degrees don't hold a candle to yours to you. I don't mince words ( in fact if not the TOS and me being creative I would have been banned long ago), don't talk in circles, don't use every word in the dictionary to get my point across. Why do you bother, would you rather mix with your own?
Because contrary to the impression one would get from the active atheists posting here . . . there are many sincere seekers of answers to the God question among the lurkers and they would benefit from my synthesis.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:54 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Mystic is one of the more enlightened people to ever live.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Can you make a statement without having to use the rolling eyes symbol? I guess if you have to cling to something invisible to make you feel worthy, whatever gets you through I guess, but to find no purpose in life, well sad.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:13 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
To your standards of course, which we will never meet. Why do you waste your time on us intellectually challenged lazy midgets anyway? I am sure my two degrees don't hold a candle to yours to you. I don't mince words ( in fact if not the TOS and me being creative I would have been banned long ago), don't talk in circles, don't use every word in the dictionary to get my point across. Why do you bother, would you rather mix with your own?
Though I'm sure you, et al, couldn't care less...I have/am a personal testimony to "why he bothers".

He "bothers" because he is taking the time to teach. It's his way of carrying out Jesus' message to "love each other".

He's only human...so he gets frustrated...but his intent is pure and good.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:20 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Though I'm sure you, et al, couldn't care less...I have/am a personal testimony to "why he bothers".

He "bothers" because he is taking the time to teach. It's his way of carrying out Jesus' message to "love each other".

He's only human...so he gets frustrated...but his intent is pure and good.
Yet when we get frustrated, we atheists, are stupid intellectually stunted midgets, or something like that, but when he does is, it is excused. Got it.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have yet to see one post of yours that indicated any degree of intellectual accomplishment or ability, any real knowledge or any deep understanding of anything for that matter . . . wordsmithed or not!
I have a good sense in the ability to see through phonies Life is a much greater teacher than obtaining some ticket. Those I know with such degrees, at least the competent intelligent ones, do not use the title outside of their profession, where it is both warranted and appropriate, vs. wearing it like a cheap suit.

Thus, you confirmed my hypothesis; no one is more impressed with your degree more than you are, if in fact you have a degree.

Your ego so limits your ability to communicate, you pontificate as if you have the only valid opinion, even when the opinion is supporting a make believe god supported by an infinite expanse of zero evidence.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Please do put me on ignore, if you cant have a conversation without condescending tones and symbols, than by all means do. YOU are the one that stated you had no purpose without god, I am the one that said you shouldn't think that way, that you have purpose. but please by all means, put on ignore. Thank you

You have pretty much called me every name in the book so don't pretend that you didn't. The smilies are there for a reason. I happen to like this one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality