Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:36 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times

Advertisements

'God Blocked the Bullet,' Florida School Shooting Survivor Bill Husfelt Says; Gunman Clay Duke Dies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 07:51 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
I saw the video and that was one lucky dude. I almost can understand his misappropriation of credit - a near death experience has to affect the mind.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:24 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times

Because god cares about some fat old white Floridian more than he cares about millions of starving children. Besides, this is no miracle of god...does anyone realize just how difficult it is to make a killing shot with a handgun, even at close range? Especially if you're not trained to do so.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:29 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
I saw that video also and personally I think it was poor marksmanship.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:52 AM

maybe it was poor marksmanship.
i knew of two ladies who were both shot at point blank range once. one suffered a very superficial graze burn to the fore-head and the other suffered a 2nd degree graze burn/wound to the right side of the neck;both were fine and required little to no medical treatment. how bad can one's aim be?
Georgia Littleton, the lady with the big purse, is/has a very brave spirit....i've got a lot of respect for that woman.

on another note, i find it more than appropriate to ask when someone states "God has spared me" it is certainly appropriate to ask that person.... what has God spared you for?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:57 AM

276 posts, read 476,928 times
I just heard the sad news update. God did indeed stop the bullet, but it ripped through his aorta and caused massive internal bleeding. He was too weakened to perform a miracle on Himself. God succumbed shortly after 1 PM Eastern Time.

There has never been a need for a cemetery in Heaven, so His exalted corpse is being sent to Hell for cremation.

A Heavenly spokesperson issued a brief statement:

"The Good Lord is as dead as a doornail. Earthly supplicants who believed in His divine mercy will have to begin acting like responsible adults. In lieu of flowers, we suggest a donation to a local organization of gay-bashers.".

Old 12-15-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
I just heard the sad news update. God did indeed stop the bullet, but it ripped through his aorta and caused massive internal bleeding. He was too weakened to perform a miracle on Himself. God succumbed shortly after 1 PM Eastern Time.

There has never been a need for a cemetery in Heaven, so His exalted corpse is being sent to Hell for cremation.

A Heavenly spokesperson issued a brief statement:

"The Good Lord is as dead as a doornail. Earthly supplicants who believed in His divine mercy will have to begin acting like responsible adults. In lieu of flowers, we suggest a donation to a local organization of gay-bashers.".
actually we don't have any local gay-bashing orginizations and gay bashing has never been a problem in my mayberry...amongst other things, i don't think the gays will allow it.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:13 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
maybe it was poor marksmanship.
i knew of two ladies who were both shot at point blank range once. one suffered a very superficial graze burn to the fore-head and the other suffered a 2nd degree graze burn/wound to the right side of the neck;both were fine and required little to no medical treatment. how bad can one's aim be?
Georgia Littleton, the lady with the big purse, is/has a very brave spirit....i've got a lot of respect for that woman.

on another note, i find it more than appropriate to ask when someone states "God has spared me" it is certainly appropriate to ask that person.... what has God spared you for?
Oh they always say, "God Has Left Me Here For A Purpose." Then most of them continue to struggle through without ever accumulating fifty grand or a dozen friends.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:17 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I saw the video and that was one lucky dude. I almost can understand his misappropriation of credit - a near death experience has to affect the mind.
Reminds me of the movie Pulp Fiction. Remember the professional hit man who said the fact that he and his cohort in crime were spared was by devine intervention? He was good at quoting one bible verse.

Again...quoting P.T. Barnum, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute."

Old 12-15-2010, 12:20 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
A couple of points:

It's interesting how this video really shocks me with terror as a person even though my generation was supposedly desensitized through video games and other violence.

Also it's interesting how unshocking this might be to someone from say the Israeli/Palestinian conflict or someone whose daily life is affected by death like this.

On point, those people were very lucky; it could have been much much worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality