Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:30 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times

Advertisements

[quote=pladecalvo;1070589]

the second coming should have occured by now.

That's seems funny coming from someone who doesn't even believe the Bible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 03:40 PM

954 posts, read 813,329 times
[quote=Alpha8207;1073623]
Quote:
The 'those of you here' quote was from the passage regarding His death, not the second coming.
So if he was talking about his death....and he died....what happened to all the things he said would happen like the sun not shining and the moon not giving light and the stars falling from the heavens?

Old 07-15-2007, 03:51 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
So if he was talking about his death....and he died....what happened to all the things he said would happen like the sun not shining and the moon not giving light and the stars falling from the heavens?
Plad, are you drinking this fine afternoon/morning??

Matt 16 is where He makes the 'those standing here comment' and that's the one regarding His death.

The sun, moon, stars comments were in Matt 24 and that's regarding the Second Coming. We're talking about two different passages and you're throwing the Matthew 16 quote into Matthew 24.

Switch to coffee, then let's talk.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:00 AM

41 posts, read 115,142 times
For 2000 years man has thought that the end of the world as we know it would be imminent? What if it has been drawn out by the prayers of those who don't want this to happen in their lifetime?

just a thought from Skeeter

Old 09-04-2007, 01:39 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticmosquito View Post
For 2000 years man has thought that the end of the world as we know it would be imminent? What if it has been drawn out by the prayers of those who don't want this to happen in their lifetime?

just a thought from Skeeter
....and a good one too....

Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 PM

320 posts, read 296,992 times
I think the "rapture" will happen within the next 200 years. If, however, it does not happen, or said event isn't real, at least I would have lived my life with the goal of following the Word of God. I can live with that outcome.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
One thing that always bothered me when I was in my early teens and attending church was the fact that we've been waiting two thousand years for an event to take place that the Bible seemed to suggest was supposed to happen within a human generation of the life of Jesus. Doesn't that fact by itself give any of you doubts that maybe it's just never going to happen? If civilization keeps on going for a few hundred more years and no one has seen hide nor hair of Jesus don't you think it will reach a point when people will just stop believing that the second coming is a reality? I wish I could think of the passage in the Bible that I referred to but I seem to remember that Jesus said to a group of people that they would never taste death because his return would be very soon. Maybe one of you could clarify that specific point because I don't remember the exact words but I'm curious about it and I'm wondering if this two thousand year wait doesn't shake your faith just a little.
If the Second Coming has already occurred then I have severely messed up somewhere in my walk with the Lord as I know this not true.The Lord is still waiting on the 4 billion unsaved people on this planet to acknowledge Him and come to Him for salvation.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:31 PM

553 posts, read 568,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
If the Second Coming has already occurred then I have severely messed up somewhere in my walk with the Lord as I know this not true.The Lord is still waiting on the 4 billion unsaved people on this planet to acknowledge Him and come to Him for salvation.
Sounds like another 6,000 years to me and then another 6,000 after that, followed by another 6,000 and then another and another and another.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:41 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
One thing that always bothered me when I was in my early teens and attending church was the fact that we've been waiting two thousand years for an event to take place that the Bible seemed to suggest was supposed to happen within a human generation of the life of Jesus. Doesn't that fact by itself give any of you doubts that maybe it's just never going to happen? If civilization keeps on going for a few hundred more years and no one has seen hide nor hair of Jesus don't you think it will reach a point when people will just stop believing that the second coming is a reality? I wish I could think of the passage in the Bible that I referred to but I seem to remember that Jesus said to a group of people that they would never taste death because his return would be very soon. Maybe one of you could clarify that specific point because I don't remember the exact words but I'm curious about it and I'm wondering if this two thousand year wait doesn't shake your faith just a little.
Another oldie revived, I guess.

Well, since it's here........yes, it has taken a long time. 2000+ years, in fact. Or is it 2 days? Depends on if you think like a human created by God, or you ARE God. Could be either, right? But since the Bible is the WORD of God, His WORD says all the signs He warned us to look for and be aware of are letting us know......time's up.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Quote:
The second coming means that Christ will be born in the hearts of all mankind, when we learn to be like Christ and become perfect examples of him, we'll be at the second coming.

It'll take as long as we want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality