Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:08 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone! I was just curious about this so decided to do a little survey. This isn't really meant as a debate thread - more like a "just the facts" kind of thread.

1. How do you categorize your beliefs? Mean - atheist, agnostic, deist, theist, pagan, wiccan, don't know, nothing, etc. 100% atheist

2. Where do you stand on the death penalty? Against it in most cases.

3. Where do you stand on abortion? I think it's the ultimate selfish act but women should have the right to choose.

4. Where do you stand on gay marriage? 100% for.

5. Pets? I love animals. But I would never put animals, even my own pets before another human.

6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city. Near D.C.

7. Anything else you want to share? I think religion is holding the human race back from our next step in the evolutionary chain.

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
1. How do you categorize your beliefs? Mean - atheist, agnostic, deist, theist, pagan, wiccan, don't know, nothing, etc.

Theist. I believe in a God that is pure love, peace, and joy. I believe "God" is just a part of the Universe and a part of physics, and not some separate entity that looks down upon us.

2. Where do you stand on the death penalty?

I don't know. I am reconsidering my understanding and beliefs surrounding death, which also affects how I would answer this question.

3. Where do you stand on abortion?

Woman's choice.

4. Where do you stand on gay marriage?

Definitely for it. Even though I think marriage is stupid, I think gays who want to get married should have the option.

5. Pets?

I love animals and I love my pets.

6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city.

Washington, D.C.

7. Anything else you want to share?

It'll be interesting to see how everyone has and will answer these questions.

Thanks everyone!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hi Everyone! I was just curious about this so decided to do a little survey. This isn't really meant as a debate thread - more like a "just the facts" kind of thread.

1. How do you categorize your beliefs? Mean - atheist, agnostic, deist, theist, pagan, wiccan, don't know, nothing, etc.

5. Pets?

6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city.

Thanks everyone!
1. Catholic

2. Generally against, legitimate in isolated cases

3. Against - it's murder, plain and simple, and should not be permitted

4. Against

5. My family has a pet dog

6. The outskirts of Duluth, MN

7. No.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:08 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,810 times
Lifelong Pagan and Witch, but not Wiccan, and long-time member of my local Unitarian Church.

Not sure. I know if someone killed a loved one I'd want them equally punished, but murders too have mothers who grieve.

It should be safe, legal, and rare.

Totally pro gay marriage (or pro everyone having civil unions, if you want "marriage," go to a church).

5. Pets?
More please!

Near the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. Come on by, the birding is great!!!

I'm too easily confused to cause trouble.

Thanks everyone!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:53 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
1. I'm a Christian, United Methodist Church.
2. I support the death penalty for murderers, rapists, and pedophiles.
3. I am 100% pro-life and think abortion should only be legal for cases where the pregnancy is a danger to the mothers life and or mental/ physical health.
4. I'm against gay marriages. I believe marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman.
5. I have 3 pets. Two cats and a dog.
6. Florida.
7. No. That'll be all.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 956 times

atheist.
i agree with it.
its ok.
ok but they should not be allowed to bring up children.
5. Pets?
i like pets. cats more than dogs.
not in the us
yes my frend maname e borat i am from khazakstan
Thanks everyone!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:

5. Pets?

Thanks everyone!
(1) Eclectic.

(2) Only in very rare instances am I in favor of it.

(3) It's none of my business...it's not my body...so in favor except like you...late term unless mother's health at risk.

(4) I'm gay so after more than 28 years with my partner I am most definitely in favor of gays getting married.

(5) Have a wild bird/animal sanctuary and a pet Manx cat named CeeCee.

(6) Sarasota, Florida but born in Pittston, Pa......near Scranton.

(7) Just ask....LOL....I'm pretty vocal and honest/blunt on here.

Felix.......here's a link you need to read from the American Psychological Association>>>>>>

Lesbian & Gay Parenting: Theoretical & Conceptual Examinations Related to Lesbian & Gay Parenting

Old 04-18-2011, 10:07 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Catholic- but there are things I don't believe in. I just ignore them and go on my merry way.

Pro

Pro

Pro

5. Pets? Love 'em. Life would not be as much fun without them.

6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city. Half an hour from DFW Airport.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:55 AM

75 posts, read 175,995 times
Quote:

5. Pets?

Thanks everyone!
1.) Unitarian Universalist
2.) Opposed
3.) Pro-Choice
4.) Pro-equal marriage
5.) Cats
6.) Cincinnati

Old 04-20-2011, 05:21 AM

28,895 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Nice topics in this thread to discuss, thank you for venturing here....

Quote:
I can't categorize it, b/c I don't know....is there a God, yes, I believe that, however, I won't go any further, b/c man is and always has been driven by greed, jealousy, power, money and sex....and when stories get passed down from generation to generation, they are fantisized....man is always looking for something so much more powerful then himself, a leader so to speak to walk them out from pain and into some greatness...beyond comprehension? I believe we're so primitive in our beliefs about God, the truth would not be acceptable and people would freak out....b/c they've spent so many generations making up stories in they're minds...plus religion is a way to control people, to help to keep them some what in line, plus, like every thing else, religions are to me, basically corrupt....there is always someone running the show, always someone who dictates, you have to do this or that. I know a woman who works very hard for her church, is the church secretary, and never takes any money from them to help them out for any event she works, even though people at that event, give her money, she hands that money over to that church....and yet, they have the nerve to pay her only $100.00 per week for all the hours she puts in just as the secretary?????? That to me, is awful and they should be ashamed. She is a single women who herself needs the income. We all do...plus this thing with all the child molestations going on, and yet, no one has asked themselves, what about all the ones we haven't heard about...???? Why would man be so stupid to think, that all these men could remain celebate is beyond me, we are human beings and we were not made that way....we need sex...not everyone, mind you, there are a few who do not, but not many...and to me, that in itself is beyond human expectation....you set your children up to be sexually molested by believing that way. And yet, no one says a word about it, and the priests continually get away with it? Religion is primitive and keeps people from progressing mentally and intellectually.

Quote:
I believe if someone is responsible beyond any shawdow of a doubt for taking the life of someone else, then they should be put to sleep. They are a menous to society and I feel the same way about repeated rapests and child molesters, but I don't believe society should house them and have to pay for them to be kept alive.

Quote:
I don't believe in it, however, I also don't believe it's up to me to decide if another should have one or not...it's blatenly none of my business...that is between them and they're God.

Quote:
Again, it doesn't bother me one way or the other, it's between them and they're own God, and they're mate....and none of my business and doesn't make them lessor of a person or a sinner to me....they are human beings just like I am who deserve respect and not judgement.

Quote:
5. Pets?
I don't stand on my pet, I hold him... Don't quite understand what you mean here...? I love animals, but I'm not an animal rights person. It pains me to see people who have animals who abuse them, and I believe breeding animals for money is also a form of abuse, b/c there are way to many animals being bred for money. I can understand a resonable price for a designer dog, which is a mutt....who by the way are incredible dogs, but to ask what some breeders are asking one, two and three thousand for a dog, is absolute greed and ridiculous. I believe they should make a law, that breeders can only have one litter from each female. Some breeders breed they're females over and over and over again, and it is absolutely cruel. I believe laws should be made to prevent people from having so many animals....until people become more responsible and less caring about the money they're making.

I also believe, that way to many people in this country put much more empahsise on animals then they do caring about doing something for children who are being sexually abused.

Quote:
I live in the U.S. and am a citizen.

Quote:
Nope, but thanks for this thread, it'll be fun and interesting....

Thanks everyone![/quote]

Last edited by cremebrulee; 04-20-2011 at 05:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality