Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:26 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times

Advertisements

[quote=Dewdrop93;17611944]

Ok, I'll play!!

1. How do you categorize your beliefs? Meaning - Christian, Evangelical, Catholic, Lutheran, atheist, agnostic, deist, theist, pagan, wiccan, don't know, nothing, etc.
Christian

2. Where do you stand on the death penalty?
I'm for it

3. Where do you stand on abortion?
I'm against it for certain reasons

4. Where do you stand on gay marriage?
I honestly don't know

5. Do you have any pets?
Yes! I have a dog named Tessa and a cat named "Shelton Kitty"....

6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city.
In the heart of the South

7. Anything else you want to share?
I'd like to explain why my cat is called Shelton Kitty. But I won't. I won't bore anyone with the details. Nice OP!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 11:04 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times
1. How do you categorize your beliefs? Meaning - Christian, Evangelical, Catholic, Lutheran, atheist, agnostic, deist, theist, pagan, wiccan, don't know, nothing, etc.

Christian Universalist..Jesus died for everyone.

I don't think it really deters any.I think studies have shown this.I think Jesus may have been saying He is against it in the Olivet Discourse.I also think death may be too easy for some,and perhaps life in prison is more of a punishment.

I don't like it, but I don't think it should be illegal,other than after the first trimester,(exception for health or life/death situations).I would like to see it stay legal and safe (pls no debates on that!),but I don't think our tax dollars should be used to pay for it.I think tax dollars are fine for birth control though.

I think most gay ppl don't want to get married,but make a law saying they can't,and guess what?! Now all of a sudden they want to get married! such is the human psych,and something to keep in mind when making these laws.

5. Do you have any pets?

4 shelter kitties (always go to the shelter first..save a cat or two,or three!) and the occasional hamster. (no,the cats don't eat the hams )

6. Where do you live? You can just say the region if you don't want to name the specific city.

NC

these are just my thoughts,off the top 'o my (little ole) head.I don't really care to debate,and don't mind if anyone disagrees.but pls do keep in mind,that one reason God made us all differently is so that life would not be boring,and so that no one person would be able to take over the earth (except for the AC,if you believe he will be a person).

Last edited by SC122; 01-27-2011 at 11:16 PM..

Old 01-27-2011, 11:13 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times
Quote:
. Anything else you want to share?
I'd like to explain why my cat is called Shelton Kitty. But I won't. I won't bore anyone with the details. Nice OP!!
he's a shelter kitty?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:15 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hi Everyone! So - I did this on the Atheist/Agnostic forum and it went really well! Someone asked me to do it here, too! I'm a little apprehensive but I hope it turns out alright! I was just curious about this so decided to do a little survey. This isn't really meant as a debate thread - more like a "just the facts" kind of thread. And like the title - this really is meant to be a "friendly" little survey. There are not right or wrong answers!

5. Do you have any pets?

Thanks everyone!
I answered there. I can answer here as well.

1. I believe in terms of what's been called Pascal's Wager. If God doesn't exist, then nothing matters. But if God exists, then I'm more likely to be rewarded and not punished if I believe.

2. For

3. For

4. For

5. Technically no, but I spend more time with my room mate's cat than she does.

6. Bradenton, FL

7. Like I said in the other post...I answered because I know the OP will not berate me or judge me for my answers, whether she understands the reasoning behind them or not.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:13 AM

987 posts, read 1,119,212 times

Christian Universalist

I think for some situations it is a good idea. I think our whole penal system is not working but don't know what can be done to reform it. It costs taxpayers a LOT of money to keep prisoners in jail and often it only is a place for minor league criminals to learn how to commit greater crimes. Plus when they have done their time, even though they have paid their debt, they have a terrible time being accepted back into society especially finding a way to earn money. Makes for a viscious cycle.

against it except when the health of the mother is endangered by continuing the pregnancy or in cases of rape.

Difficult decision. I think they should be able to make some sort of public vows, if that's what they want.

5. Do you have any pets?

I have one cat......Phoebe.

Tucson, Arizona

Old 01-28-2011, 02:05 AM

37 posts, read 44,116 times
1. christian/wicca mix

2. against

3. against

4. don't care either way

5. finicky cat

6. northeast

7. interesting forum

Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
PanENtheist
Quote:
Is appropriate in some cases. Must have overwhelming irrefutable evidence of guilt (unlike many cases we've heard of).
Quote:
You did the crime, so do the time. Raising a kid is your punishment for not being able to control your passions.
Quote:
For ladies it's fine. For men? That's just - gross!!!
Quote:
5. Do you have any pets?
Yes, three dogs. And I don't kill them and eat them just like I don't kill and eat any conscious living creature.
Quote:
South Texas. Hot as hell and full of fundies to boot!
Quote:
Not without my lawyer present.
Quote:
Thanks everyone!
Your welcome.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:53 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Hi Everyone! So - I did this on the Atheist/Agnostic forum and it went really well! Someone asked me to do it here, too! I'm a little apprehensive but I hope it turns out alright! I was just curious about this so decided to do a little survey. This isn't really meant as a debate thread - more like a "just the facts" kind of thread. And like the title - this really is meant to be a "friendly" little survey. There are not right or wrong answers!

One who believes in Life given to the whole world to freely walk in no matter who you are, courtesy of Jesus Christ, our Savior.

Jesus commands us to love our enemies, not kill them. "Thou shalt not kill" is also quite clear, imo.

Love everyone, support everyone, even in difficult situations. God alone can judge.

See no.3 above.

5. Do you have any pets?

Not at the moment!

Busto Arsizio, Italy.

Just the Love of God to the whole world!

Thanks everyone!
Blessings,
brian

Old 01-28-2011, 05:28 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:

I'm an evangelical Universalist (not Universalist/Unitarian)
Quote:

Sometimes it is necessary but only if they are proven to deserve it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Quote:
It's just plain wrong.

Quote:
It is against nature, but I wish the atheists who say the bible cannot be trusted that they would have gay marriage. This way they would quit multiplying.

Quote:
5. Do you have any pets?
One

Quote:
I live on a planet on the outer rim of the Milky Way galaxy.

Quote:
No

Quote:
Thanks everyone!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:23 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
Quote:

I am a Mixed Breed Christian

I have always felt quite ambivalent about this but down deep feel it isn't right for anyone to take another life.

I am against it.

I am not against this.

5. Do you have any pets?

Yes, a big hairy golden retreiver "Oakley"

Vancouver, BC CANADA

The God that I started to pray to at the age of 4 is the same God that I pray to now.
Thanks everyone!
Blessings to all of you~!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality