Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Actually, Adam and Eve.
Man I hate that. They will meet up with an evil snake and because one of them takes a bite of apple when she's hungry the whole human race will be eternally damned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 11:46 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Man I hate that. They will meet up with an evil snake and because one of them takes a bite of apple when she's hungry the whole human race will be eternally damned.
Small price to pay I guess

Kids are suppose to starve to please the parent's ego!!

Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Maybe Zoroaster will return tonite and talk some sense into everyone.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh how nice of him.. Pick and choose, so unless they worship him ( how egotistical) they will be destroyed. Yep thats love for ya . Glad I dont treat my children that way. So much for unconditional love. Sorry I could never follow anyone that egotistical and puts conditions on love.
So you want to ignore God in this life and then expect Him to welcome you with open arms?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So you want to ignore God in this life and then expect Him to welcome you with open arms?
Silly question to ask an atheist...What god? The only ones I know of are purely imaginary.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:06 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Silly question to ask an atheist...What god? The only ones I know of are purely imaginary.
Oh it's gonna be quite a mess. If the south sea islands are included there are currently about 4000 variations of gods being worshipped. If one takes all denominations, conventions, sects, cults, sub cults etc. there are more than 40,000 interpretations of the new testament being used.

This is why after reading the bible cover to cover and the new testament no less than ten times over about 45 years of my life I knew that I would never believe it. If a just and loving god dropped by and left the only keys to his kingdom in the hands of ignorant, primitive mankind who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it and allowed his word to be misused, rewritten, falsley interpreted etc. screw him and the donkey he rode in on.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:15 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh how nice of him.. Pick and choose, so unless they worship him ( how egotistical) they will be destroyed. Yep thats love for ya . Glad I dont treat my children that way. So much for unconditional love. Sorry I could never follow anyone that egotistical and puts conditions on love.

It is we who pick and choose. NOT GOD. Jesus tells us that if we seek Him with all our heart we will find Him. Way back in the day when my peers spent their time drinking and druging themselves. I searched for God. And to my surprise, I found Him. You call God egotistical as if you were speaking about some local goof. Yet I believe you are not smart enought or wise enought to know. That the God who created all things is worthy of worship and honor. And His love is extended to all who love Him. Mockers of God need not apply. Heaven will be a place where those who really love God will be fully present. And mockers of God will stew in their contempt for God in a place called Hell.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:31 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
No, we are not all of His children. Those who have searched for Christ and found Him are His children. And the children who never had a chance to find Christ in this life will be considered in a different light I believe. Yet Christ tells us that most of the world has little intrest in Him, and will enter the wide gate that leads to destruction. And only a few will enter the narrow gate that leads to eternal life.
Yes we are all his children....... And Jesus is not G-d, nor is Christianity the truth............. But it is a religion if arrogance.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yes we are all his children....... And Jesus is not G-d, nor is Christianity the truth............. But it is a religion if arrogance.
If Christianity is not the truth, why did Jesus Christ fulfill all the prophecies of the Old Testament that speak of His first coming?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It is we who pick and choose. NOT GOD. Jesus tells us that if we seek Him with all our heart we will find Him. Way back in the day when my peers spent their time drinking and druging themselves. I searched for God. And to my surprise, I found Him. You call God egotistical as if you were speaking about some local goof. Yet I believe you are not smart enought or wise enought to know. That the God who created all things is worthy of worship and honor. And His love is extended to all who love Him. Mockers of God need not apply. Heaven will be a place where those who really love God will be fully present. And mockers of God will stew in their contempt for God in a place called Hell.
How exactly can innocent children dying of disease and hunger PICK him? Why should they HAVE to. It is called unconditional love, something YOUR god obviously knows NOTHING about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality