Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:23 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,769 times

Advertisements

or will she sleep, and fiddle, and placate, and pacify.......will she continue to fear any one who mentions the Ten Commandment...........yeah!.....maybe as long as the message is allowed to be twisted and changed...why can't we see that .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 12:44 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Hopefully not in the way you mean.............

Old 02-28-2011, 12:46 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
I think what you're seeing is that this generation of young people are not going to be swayed to easily into believing something just arbitrarily, with the technology that we have today and the availability of information that there is on the Internet they're not going to believe any particular religion just because somebody says so, they're questioning and that's good and that's been the problem that organized religion has had throughout its history, they didn't want you to know anything except what they were willing to tell you. When Gutenberg invented the printing press and first started printing copies of the Bible that was the beginning of the ordinary populace gaining knowledge and that was the beginning of questioning. So the more knowledge you obtain the more you learn and the more you learn, the more you question.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:53 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
or will she sleep, and fiddle, and placate, and pacify.......will she continue to fear any one who mentions the Ten Commandment...........yeah!.....maybe as long as the message is allowed to be twisted and changed...why can't we see that .
No, I don't think so. The second 'recessionary dip' is a concept of something for spiritual being. It has occurred already and it means the demand on oil development signaled when the price of it's CRUDE goes up.

It is spiritual for it means that in spirit we haven't solved our essential Spirit as sociable animals with the desire to find the stress relieved of the day-to-day living; much more we should instead of being challenged to communication, be instead ethical for forms of dialogue and tell apart the dialogue socialization from the wholly human socialization of exchanging Goods and intentional Knowledge.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:53 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Because people want to live in darkness and deny that that there is a Supreme Being, as long as the heart for the Lord remains null and void the more we will see America's moral fiber diminish as this country will continue to decline from within until we wake up.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:57 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Because people want to live in darkness and deny that that there is a Supreme Being, as long as the heart for the Lord remains null and void the more we will see America's moral fiber diminish as this country will continue to decline from within until we wake up.
Nope, it won't work. I've tried your approach of Judgment for many years, and people just whine and challenge to blame God and the government.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
I'm hoping that America wakes up and realizes that all it's citizens should have the same rights. I'm hoping that America wakes up and realizes that we are running out of resources and that we need to come up with other sources of energy. I hope that America wakes up and realizes that we are going to be living in our own filth if we don't do a better job at recycling. I hope America wakes up and realizes that we all need to pitch in to solve our problems. I hope America wakes up and realizes how lucky we are to have freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
These are my hopes for America.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
............the more we will see America's moral fiber diminish...........
You mean the moral fiber that enslaved Africans for generations? Or the moral fiber that had America give smallpox infested blankets to native americans? Or the moral fiber that forced native americans to walk to Oklahoma because someone thought there was gold on the lands claimed by those native americans? Or the moral fiber that made workers die at the hands of the national guard because the mine workers wanted a living wage? Or the moral fiber that kept children in sweat shops for generations? or the moral fiber that had us invade a country that had not tried to harm us?

Hopefully that moral fiber will cease to exist...............

Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
You mean the moral fiber that enslaved Africans for generations? Or the moral fiber that had America give smallpox infested blankets to native americans? Or the moral fiber that forced native americans to walk to Oklahoma because someone thought there was gold on the lands claimed by those native americans? Or the moral fiber that made workers die at the hands of the national guard because the mine workers wanted a living wage? Or the moral fiber that kept children in sweat shops for generations? or the moral fiber that had us invade a country that had not tried to harm us?

Hopefully that moral fiber will cease to exist...............
Or the moral fiber that locked up all the Japanese Americans during WWII? Or the moral fiber that wouldn't allow interracial marriages?

Old 02-28-2011, 01:04 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
There should be no doubt that many Americans would like to see America undergo a thorough religious (and political) cleansing.
No, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality