Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:42 PM

60 posts, read 157,980 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah, I forgot about hell, Satan was even given a place by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 04:49 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,950,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
The future of Christianity has Muhammd as the perfect example of Satan's soldier. Someone who has no faith in or compassion for God or Jesus. Basically an athiest who decided to lie about God and Jesus in an effort to gain the love of the world OVER that, and IN THE PLACE of God. A thief, liar, murderer, slave trader, rapist, and a pedophile. Muhammad is someone who kills anyone who speaks out against him. A control freak who makes it a sin for anyone to dislike him. Even God himself is not allowed to have any dislike for him. Christians will come to know Muhammad as the perfect example of who NOT to be, who the despise, who to turn away from, who to speak out against.
Moses was a killer of tens of thousands of men...he even had his own men kill their wives from a tribe outside of the jews..Moses killed many men and women in the name of God...A really Rightous Dude!!!!

Jesus never raised his hand to kill or asked anyone else to kill for him..HMMMMMMMMM Jesus was the prince of the Jews. Joseph was from the tribe of David and Mary was from the tribe of Solomon. The Romans made Pilot the king of the jews. Jesus using the Messiah story was a political manuever to take back over the Kingdom...which we all know intially failed miserably...but in the end Jesus did lead to fall and transition of the Roman empire into the Roman Catholic Church which in turn caused Europe to westernize and conquer the world..all out of an ideology spread by one man 2000 years ago...makes you wonder... Jesus did a much better job than Mohammad or Moses in my opion...

Old 04-16-2011, 05:05 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course being a Christians I never did drugs. That was something the world did. And that was something God would not approve of. And in fact, I never drank alcoholic drinks either.
funny enough when i as a bit younger i started doing ecstacy pills,this really helped in the understanding that God is not a God that tortures people ,its hard to explain but once you go down the rabbit whole new dimensions open up and spiritual awarness takes over,of course what goes up must come down but if you can take your experience and learn from it you can take something from it,the only closest thing ive experienced to this ecstatic drug was chanting the Names of God and that is less of a material ecstacy,

anyhoo,i think God wanted me to open up this heart chakra so i could see clearly,a drug can be used or abbused.hen we are physically sick we take drugs,when we are spiritually sick their are other forms of drugs that can help,and since my mind became free of the ET way of thought with the help of God and i admit some powerfull drugs,at least the drugs opened my mind to questioning,i have become a better person towards myself and others.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:15 PM

591 posts, read 641,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rational Deist View Post
I am amazed when I read or hear about Bible Metaphors. If the two most important reflections of good and evil in the Bible is Christ and Satan, please explain the temptation of Christ. Was it simply a human imperfection from within himself then? Jesus spoke in parables and God speaks in metaphor? This suggests the Bible is like a piece of art where the meaning comes from the viewers perspective. It would seem to me that if a Creator wished to communicate he would do a better job.

I heard somewhere that for every big enlightenment, there is the temptation against it, and I tend to think there is truth to it. Like the story of the powers that went against Buddha during his famous meditation. THe NT is documents of what people saw and heard from Jesus. Some may think I'm a blasphemer for saying this, but I tend to think that some of his parables didn't make sense to the witnesses because the accounts kind of reflect that. Jesus didn't have the luxury of having the teminology like eastern phylosophy does for anyone to understand. Judaism never talked plainly about the spirit. I think that's why Jesus was sent to shephard them. I think the key things to come away with is communion, the teachings of defeating death, and him defeating death. THat is his ministry. Absorb the deity of Christ and have eternal life. It is the simple man's way to God. All you need to do is have faith in him and give him the benifit of the doubt. If you absorb the deity of Christ in his death, you are assured to be reborn anew. Jesus embodies the whole idea of defeating death, and he was sent to show mankind, and be a source of compassion and guidance through the whole process. THe NT is God's Tebetan Book of THe Dead. A guidebook through the straits of the in-between(death-to-life).

Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
funny enough when i as a bit younger i started doing ecstacy pills,this really helped in the understanding that God is not a God that tortures people ,its hard to explain but once you go down the rabbit whole new dimensions open up and spiritual awarness takes over,of course what goes up must come down but if you can take your experience and learn from it you can take something from it,the only closest thing ive experienced to this ecstatic drug was chanting the Names of God and that is less of a material ecstacy,

anyhoo,i think God wanted me to open up this heart chakra so i could see clearly,a drug can be used or abbused.hen we are physically sick we take drugs,when we are spiritually sick their are other forms of drugs that can help,and since my mind became free of the ET way of thought with the help of God and i admit some powerfull drugs,at least the drugs opened my mind to questioning,i have become a better person towards myself and others.

Just do pot. That's all you need. jmo. I don't smoke it often, but when I do, it seems like it sometimes kills me spiritually, making me more clairvoyant and I enter a higher realm of thinking. I think it opens up my Chakras as well. It can be good if I have pent up emotions. It works good if I need a good cry .Take a puff and the floodgates open. I don't have visions at night when it's in my system. I just don't remember them I guess. I can't drink because I become addicted to it. Pot is much easier to manage. And if I do become addicted, it is the easiest thing to quit. God has told me on occasions to smoke it. There, I said it. He has told me to smoke it. He hates the idea of me driving while high. He wants me to think of that pedestrian I plow into when I fly through a red light. Don't do it.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course you believe this because you have never had an encounter with the supernatural. Back in 1973 I had an encounter with two demons by the names Abjar and Altra. These encounters lasted for six months. And only when I came into contact with praying Christians was I able to rid myself of them. Back then I knew about demons from the Bible, yet thought that was something that happend way back then, yet not to day. Now I know the stories in the Bible are much more then metaphor.
What a small world. I got out the Marine Corps in 1973 and spent the next 6 months traveling through Europe. I remember staying at a youth hostel on the outskirts of London and meeting two brothers named Abjar and Altra. I can't remember their last names, but they either played in a local band or worked at the bakery. I wouldn't go so far to call them demons, but they were certainly possessed "mongers"

Old 04-16-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Moses was a killer of tens of thousands of men...he even had his own men kill their wives from a tribe outside of the jews..Moses killed many men and women in the name of God...A really Rightous Dude!!!!

Jesus never raised his hand to kill or asked anyone else to kill for him..HMMMMMMMMM Jesus was the prince of the Jews. Joseph was from the tribe of David and Mary was from the tribe of Solomon. The Romans made Pilot the king of the jews. Jesus using the Messiah story was a political manuever to take back over the Kingdom...which we all know intially failed miserably...but in the end Jesus did lead to fall and transition of the Roman empire into the Roman Catholic Church which in turn caused Europe to westernize and conquer the world..all out of an ideology spread by one man 2000 years ago...makes you wonder... Jesus did a much better job than Mohammad or Moses in my opion...
Jesus offers mankind a path to salvation, liberation, enlightenment. That's what he was sent for. Moses I don't know about. I personaly don't get a whole lot out of the OT. I have taken some of the charecters to influence. King David is a story of a dude who had it all, and killed a man to steal his wife. God HATED him for doing that, and I have taken that to influence in my life when I've been tempted to have an affair with a married woman(I wouldn't kill him physically, but it would kill him spiritually if I did). Muhammad killed a LOT of husbands so that he could rape their wives, and according to the Koran, Allah is thumbs up about acting in such ways. No need to repent as David did.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post

I guess what you need to do is ask yourself weather Moses was a rightious man or not. Do you judge God for killing people that pose a threat to him and his people? Would you kill someone that poses a threat to you and your family? Kill or be killed? I don't know the specific situations surrounding a lot of what is written in the OT. I assume Moses was rightious. God doesn't love and give that kind of power to a guy like Muhammad. Moses was a close friend to God. He had LOTS of power. Muhammad was a common thug.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:09 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Just do pot. That's all you need. jmo. I don't smoke it often, but when I do, it seems like it sometimes kills me spiritually, making me more clairvoyant and I enter a higher realm of thinking. I think it opens up my Chakras as well. It can be good if I have pent up emotions. It works good if I need a good cry .Take a puff and the floodgates open. I don't have visions at night when it's in my system. I just don't remember them I guess. I can't drink because I become addicted to it. Pot is much easier to manage. And if I do become addicted, it is the easiest thing to quit. God has told me on occasions to smoke it. There, I said it. He has told me to smoke it. He hates the idea of me driving while high. He wants me to think of that pedestrian I plow into when I fly through a red light. Don't do it.
God made weed,man made booze

Old 04-16-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
God made weed,man made booze

I was very anti-weed only a few years ago. I was very very much a critic. I can't help but feel it somehow wrong to say anything good about it, but I am forced to. There is just too much good about it NOT to. Especially comming from a alcoholic's perspective. I can't drink. I believe pot would be a good thing to prescribe to alcoholics to get them to quit booze. Pot is WWAAYY easier to quit, and booze is a much shorter trip to the gutter. SRSLY. THC is not bad for you. It doesn't kill brain cells like the rumors say. It actually promotes the gegesis of new synapses. Our brains have THC receptors that scientists could never explain. Why do our brains have THC receptors? TO get high maybe? Just a guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality