Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 11:48 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Jews themselves could not find the oil. Yet it was the Christians who said, even if they can't find it. IT'S THERE. Christians knew base on the prophecies of the Bible, that oil would be found in great amounts in Israel. I said there was no oil, because Israel could not find the oil. And they could not find oil for 60 years. It was always there. Yet the only ones who knew for sure, were those who believed in the prophecies of the Bible. And I said numerous people in Israel did not believe it was there. I knew it would be found, because I believed the Biblical account.

The things you guys can convince yourselves of is simply amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 11:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
If you can convince yourself that you have been possessed by 'demons' and that Jesus sent you a red balloon with "I love you" written on it, you can convince yourself of anything!!

Old 04-17-2011, 12:11 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Because he believed the world would end in 2060.It's a safe bet that if he believed the world would end in 2060,he would believe the Jews would return before then if the return of the Jews to Israel was part of his belief system.Newton,btw,was not a Christian who believed in the divinity of Christ.Since you put so much stock in his biblical interpretation skills,do you accept his studied belief that Christ was not God?If not,then you admit that you cherry pick what you want to believe he was correct about and then deny his beliefs you don't like,no?Kind of defeats the idea of using him as an authoritative source,but par for the course with you.
Scripture tells us that even those who believe only on Christ name would be saved. So that is the most important belief. The fact is, Newton was right about the Jews returning from a worldwide exile. He was right about the Jews returning to Israel and Jerusalem. He was right about the Jews returning before the year 2060. He was right that their return would anger many nations around the world. And he was right, because he believed in the prophecies of the Bible. And I don't know of any other book on earth that has a track record like that. And Newton also believed, that the Jews would rebuild their third temple on Mt. Moria. And it is a fact, that the temple plans have already been drawn, and priest are now being trained for the future temple. And Christian from 30 years ago were right when they said Israel would find large amounts of oil, even when such discoveries did not look possible back then. The Bible is a Book of truth. And those who follow it, are wise.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
If you can convince yourself that you have been possessed by 'demons' and that Jesus sent you a red balloon with "I love you" written on it, you can convince yourself of anything!!

I was never possessed by demons. I was oppressed by them, which is a little different. And I still have the tapes from my deliverance. So I did not have to convince myself of anything.

The story of the red balloon was also true. About 50 seconds after I told Jesus I loved Him. A red balloon came down out of the sky and somehow pushed it's 10 inches through a 3 inch opening in a gate and almost hit me in my face. Yet I caught it in my hands. And when I turned the balloon over, printed on the other side of the balloon were the words. "I LOVE YOU".

I don't make this stuff up.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:31 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Yeah right!!

Old 04-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:

What I find amazing. Is how I can give you a article that was written in the year 1981 by Dr. Ernest L. Martin, who states that oil will soon be discovered in Israel based on the prophecies of the Bible, and you guys ignore it. And you ignore it, even when his beliefs are proven correct with the passage of time. And yet, then you tell us what we Christians can convince ourselves of is amazing?

It is Truth that we are convinced by. Of course if you ignore the truth, then what can one say.

OIL SOON TO BE DISCOVERED IN ISRAEL
by Ernest L. Martin, Ph.D., (1981)

Oil Soon to be Discovered in Israel

Old 04-17-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
What I find amazing. Is how I can give you a article that was written in the year 1981 by Dr. Ernest L. Martin, who states that oil will soon be discovered in Israel based on the prophecies of the Bible, and you guys ignore it. And you ignore it, even when his beliefs are proven correct with the passage of time. And yet, then you tell us what we Christians can convince ourselves of is amazing?

It is Truth that we are convinced by. Of course if you ignore the truth, then what can one say.

OIL SOON TO BE DISCOVERED IN ISRAEL
by Ernest L. Martin, Ph.D., (1981)

Oil Soon to be Discovered in Israel
Again,the "prophecy" of discovering oil in a ME country is just so shocking.Next,we'll be told that ice can be found at the poles.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Again,the "prophecy" of discovering oil in a ME country is just so shocking.Next,we'll be told that ice can be found at the poles.
Of course, you continue to ignore the fact that they could not find oil for 60 years. And you also ignored the fact, that there was little confidence that it would be found. And you ignored the fact, that even when only dry holes were experienced, and many in Israel felt that oil would not be found. Christians were telling them it was there based on the prophecies of the Bible. Clearly the only ones who spoke with confidence, were the Christians who kept pointing to the Scriptures.

U.S. GOVERNMENT REPORT: ISRAEL HAS 122 TRILLION CUBIC FEET OF NATURAL GAS OFFSHORE

"The U.S. Geological Survey estimated a mean 1.7 billion barrels of recoverable oil and a mean of 122 trillion cubic feet of natural gas in the Levant Basin Province using a geology bassed assessment methodology, " stated the report's executive summary.

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.co...ion-cubic-feet...

Last edited by Campbell34; 04-17-2011 at 03:18 PM..

Old 04-17-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I was never possessed by demons. I was oppressed by them, which is a little different. And I still have the tapes from my deliverance. So I did not have to convince myself of anything.

The story of the red balloon was also true. About 50 seconds after I told Jesus I loved Him. A red balloon came down out of the sky and somehow pushed it's 10 inches through a 3 inch opening in a gate and almost hit me in my face. Yet I caught it in my hands. And when I turned the balloon over, printed on the other side of the balloon were the words. "I LOVE YOU".

Hmmm.

* Note to self.Don't bother attempting a reasonable discussion with this poster anymore.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:45 PM

The oil in the Bible prediction by these guys reminds me of an incident that happened around me once.We went to a party thrown by a doctor (surgeon) at the hospital my wife worked at,who lived in a development outside of town.The hospital's name began with a S.We were all out front playing volleyball when one of the last nurses showed up late.She said she had gotten lost and thanked the doctor for putting signs up for her to follow.He replied that he had not put up any signs,just given out flyers.She insisted she had followed the signs right to the house.He asked her what the signs said.She said "SHOW,S______ Hospital Operating Workers".The doctor laughed and said,no those signs were put up by the guy down the street having a horse show at his place.But she had followed them and got there.

So I am supposed to be impressed that some guy deliberately misinterpreted the word for olive oil into petroleum oil,and then oil was found on a region that has huge reserves,all because some guy bumbled around like the nurse.

Sorry,no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality