Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 01:12 PM

591 posts, read 643,359 times

Advertisements

I have been celibate for the last 23 years (I am 42), and I grew up with a twin sister, which makes me kind of unusual. I'm kind of naive. THe problem I have with women and gays is that they become desperate for me. It breaks my heart every time I love somebody and they completely fall apart and burn for me when they realize I don't burn for them. I often get blamed for breaking their hearts, when all I am doing is loving them and treating them like I would my sister/brother. It sucks very much, actually, because I love to adore people. But when I do....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 01:12 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,986,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What I do know about you is that you are not without possessions.

Stop judging others...it's a 'sin'.

He is not judging others Rafius. He is just pointing out what Scripture clearly states. You really need to attack the God who authored the Bible, and not us Christians who simply believe it.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:16 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,894,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If the Bible is not literally true, why does the Bible tell us the Jewish people would return to Israel in the latter years? And this prophecy is being fulfilled literally.
Oh for goodness sake Campo. Give it a rest man.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:17 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,800,789 times
Quote:
What I do know about you is that you are not without possessions.

Stop judging others...it's a 'sin'.
Did I judge someone? or did the truth make you feel I judged someone? Sometime people can't face the truth and they look for any excuse to point the finger..All I do is say what I beleive is true...Did I once say that someone is a bad person on here? No I didn't

Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I don't know why I waste my time with you, but why do you continue to present misinformation to condemn people?

Leviticus 20:13 does not mean the same thing in English as it does in Hebrew. That verse is condemning temple prostitution during pagan sex rituals to the Caananite fertility goddess. It involved rape, male submission (very taboo in a patriarchal society) and worship of pagan gods. It has absolutely nothing to do with 21st Century gays and lesbians.

If the Bible is so important to you, perhaps you should learn what it actually says, and not what some random conservative translator or preacher tells you it should say.

The Jewish people at this time were wandering in the desert for 40 years. Where exactly were those temples located filled with prostitutes? Now were the temples on the top of Mt. Ararat, or at the Bottom Fyiero?LOL

Old 04-24-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Oh for goodness sake Campo. Give it a rest man.
Why should I give it a rest when my statement is true? Oh yeah, maybe that is the reason.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Did I judge someone?
Sure you did...when you said ....

"The anus is a place where stuff flows out, not where things are supposed to go in."

and...

"God made Adam and then he made Eve....not Adam and Steve...simple as that."

Old 04-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Why should I give it a rest when my statement is true? Oh yeah, maybe that is the reason.
You wouldn't recognise truth if it sat on your face brother.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,800,789 times
Quote:
Sure you did...when you said ....

"The anus is a place where stuff flows out, not where things are supposed to go in."

and...

"God made Adam and then he made Eve....not Adam and Steve...simple as that."

How are these statements judgements? It's a biological fact that the human anus is where fecal matter are supposed to come out of...did I say someone was evil or judge someone in a personal way? and God did make Adam and Eve not Adam and another guy....Where is the personal judgements at? or is it that the truth is something that like they say, is hard to face?

Old 04-24-2011, 02:14 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,445,168 times
Quote:
And the Bible does not say anything about your consensual sex. It does not say anything about rape.

Ummm..In numbers 31 the jewish troops are commanded by God through moses to kill all the male midianites adults,their women,their male children and to 'keep the virgin female children for themselves'......what do you interpet that to mean??Do you think the female midianite virgins were going to willingly give themselves to the jewish men who had just killed their fathers,mothers,brothers,and non virginal sisters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality