Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 03:46 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Ummm..In numbers 31 the jewish troops are commanded by God through moses to kill all the male midianites adults,their women,their male children and to 'keep the virgin female children for themselves'......what do you interpet that to mean??Do you think the female midianite virgins were going to willingly give themselves to the jewish men who had just killed their fathers,mothers,brothers,and non virginal sisters?
Oh please, don't pull my words out of context. I was speaking of Leviticus 18:22. The verse in question does not adress rape. It speaks of two men having (SEXUAL RELATIONS) with each other. Sexual Relations has to do with two willing people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 04:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
I'm not religious. I would prefer gays to stay away from me. I have no problems with them interacting with each other, or getting married, or anything else. I just don't want to be around them.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:39 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,695,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
I'm not saying that all religious people do not like homosexuals but some people say that it says it in the bible or something so can someone tell me where it says this please.

Note: I am not gay, this is more out of curiosity

This is just one thing that sickens me about religious type people.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:44 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm not religious. I would prefer gays to stay away from me. I have no problems with them interacting with each other, or getting married, or anything else. I just don't want to be around them.
Never mind gays, you don't seem to want anyone around you...If you are around people at all you no doubt are around some gays, but just don't know it...They don't have "I am gay" stamped on their foreheads you know.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 PM

Oh, I know. And you are right, I don't really like being around any people. I'm not singling out gay people in particular. People in general annoy me...unless they leave me alone, and I leave them alone. Then we're fine.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:19 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Good general statement without any content Jaymax. Could you give us a few more details?
I did in the next post, where I posted the beginnings of Leviticus 18 and Levicus 20. This proved beyond any shadow of a doubt that you hadn't even read the whole chapters.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
So the children of Israel left Egypt behind. So your saying when Moses went up on Mt. Ararat he had to pass the shrines where the temple prostitutes were? Or were the shrines at the bottom of Mt. Ararat? Were these shrines to be found in the wilderness? Where were these shrines located?
How on earth can anyone have a conversation about Leviticus with you when you obviously haven't even read it. Read it first - all the chapters, then get back to us.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
If the Bible is not literally true, why does the Bible tell us the Jewish people would return to Israel in the latter years? And this prophecy is being fulfilled literally.

If the Bible is not literally true, why did Jesus Christ fulfill the prophecies of his first coming literally?

Saying the Bible is not literally true is one thing. Ignoring the reality is something else again.
I suggest you actually READ the Bible itself, instead of picking up bits and pieces from Apologist websites.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
I have been celibate for the last 23 years (I am 42), and I grew up with a twin sister, which makes me kind of unusual. I'm kind of naive. THe problem I have with women and gays is that they become desperate for me. It breaks my heart every time I love somebody and they completely fall apart and burn for me when they realize I don't burn for them. I often get blamed for breaking their hearts, when all I am doing is loving them and treating them like I would my sister/brother. It sucks very much, actually, because I love to adore people. But when I do....
Are you being serious?

Old 04-24-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
This would explain your post count.
Yes, because I don't have to be in anyone's presence to post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality