Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:34 PM

439 posts, read 556,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But Shaitan can appear as an angel of light . . . how do you know it wasn't Satan? The message is definitely anti-Christ and had to be spread by the sword.
Say: If men and jinn should combine together to bring the like of this Quran, they could not bring the like of it, though some of them were aiders of others. The Noble Quran.

And the Shaitans have not come down with it.
It is not meet for them, nor is it in their power. The Noble Quran.

Lo! We, even We, reveal the Reminder, and lo! We verily are its Guardian The Noble Quran.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 03:24 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But Shaitan can appear as an angel of light . . . how do you know it wasn't Satan? The message is definitely anti-Christ and had to be spread by the sword.
Did you know Christ is the most mentioned person in the Qur'an and all said about him praises him? We do believe in the virgin birth, and the many miracles performed through him. Plus some that the bible does not mention. We hold him in very high esteem and await his return to Earth.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:33 AM

570 posts, read 733,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
THe God of Islam and Christianity are PROFOULNDLY different. THe Christian God became FURIOUS when King David killed a man for his wife, who went along willingly. Muhammad's God thinks it's cool to kill Jewish men and take their women and children for sex slaves (unwilling). Islam's "Prophet" was a liar, mass murderer, thief, sex slave raping pedophile. Muhammad teaches in the Koran that Jesus was a false prophet who lied about who he was and his crucifixion never happened. You need to do your research!
That is just a perfect example of what so called :
"brainwashed"
100% ( perfect score )

Old 05-17-2011, 05:48 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Every religion has their God and their messenger. Believe it or not, God and Allah are the same being. God is the Father of all and no matter what name you give Him whether it be Allah, God, The Great Source and Center, The Creator or Dude, He's still everyones Father.

Each religion has a prophet to lead people to God. Believing in the prophet will not get you to heaven but the message they represent, will. Live in Love. Be kind. Be merciful. Be forgiving. Be compassionate. Be all that is Truth, Beauty and Goodness and no matter who you follow, we'll all end up in the same place.
That's not what this says:

John 14

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Old 05-17-2011, 06:30 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the Quran was dictated by Allah
And the Bible was allegedly dictated/inspired by God...what's your point.

Just because men claim such things...doesn't make them true. If you're looking strictly in a book for Allah or God...you will be hopelessly doomed to follow the mistakes of those before you. Try looking within...you might be surprised at what you find.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Default True? What's true in Matter?

Water for the appropriate Being or for the fulfilled Earth?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
That's not what this says:

John 14

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
The point I was trying to make is that no matter what religion people follow, their God and Prophet are the "sure thing". In the end, it doesn't really matter as long as Love is first in everything.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:50 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
The point I was trying to make is that no matter what religion people follow, their God and Prophet are the "sure thing". In the end, it doesn't really matter as long as Love is first in everything.
BINGO!!!! Too many focus on the prophet and completely neglect the actual message the prophet spoke.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:55 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
BINGO!!!! Too many focus on the prophet and completely neglect the actual message the prophet spoke.
Yeah, and they take it literal such as the sword Jesus spoke of. Well, it's not an actual sword but it's something in the soul that conquers the negative so that the soul can shine in the positive. C'mon, do they really think that a sinless person would actually take up arms with another of God's creation. How crazy is that! There's so many things that need correcting that we won't see it in our lifetime but sure as heck, our g-g-g-grandchildren will!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:56 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
But the basic Christian faith condemns everyone to eternal damnation if they do not believe in Jesus Christ. That to me is the most arrogant religious statement in the history of human kind. If one thinks about it this answer from Jesus himself backs that belief:

John 14

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality