Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:51 AM

25 posts, read 27,251 times

Advertisements

I m maybe losing a dear friend soon cuz of his diseases, and cuz he is living in far away, i have tried many times to make him a christian, but i m really still not sure if he really honestly accepted Jesus into his heart.....so now,if he is not saved and will go to hell soon, i feel i also do not care of myself future, i also want to go to hell, cuz i love him so v much, he is like my dad, he offered me many help in my life.

same time, i also feel i m betraying God,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 10:22 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
So sorry about your friend. I will be and have been lifting him and you up to the Lord in prayer. I think you should continue to pray for your friend asking God to have mercy on him. It sounds as if it is quite possible that he did indeed accept the Lord in the past. At any rate, we certainly don't know what can transpire in the moments between life and death. I am praying for a strong sense of fatih and encouragement for you today.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 AM

885 posts, read 293,461 times
I too felt the same way when my sister died suddenly last year and not knowing what was really in her heart, she said she didn't believe in God but when we cleaned up her room we found a rosary and prayer materials. Just the not knowing is so hard. I still am having a very hard time with her death, but now instead of wanting to be with her no matter where she is I try to be a better person in hopes that I will see her in heaven some day. My prayers will be for both of you.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:31 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Not every church teaches the same way. My church teaches that God judges the heart, not the actions and Mankind cannot say who is saved and who isn't.

Your friend could very well be one of those that are very welcome into God's kingdom. No one here is able to say, without judging, whether or not he isn't going to be there.

And, I am sure that I don't need to remind you that WE are not the ones to judge. We only see the outside person, not the inner one where the truth lives.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:22 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,911,548 times
I'm so sorry. I can understand how you feel as my own father was in doubt at his passing. However, when he passed a priest had come to visit...he left some things with my dad and he was holding them when he passed. Perhaps he accepted Christ just before passing? I don't know for sure...but I hope he did...and you will have the same hope. I will pray for him and for you.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:39 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,278 times
I'm praying for you for comfort. Don't judge him just pray for him and be there for him. God knows his heart. We don't understand when a loved one is taken from us but if he is saved and he may very well be, all his suffering will be over. I know that isn't much comfort to you right now but hang in there and remember God will be there with you and for you.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:35 PM

79 posts, read 249,801 times
OMG I cannot believe this stuff.....

He WON'T go to hell, ok? If it exists which I am certain it doesn't, it is meant for really bad people, not even atheists go there and anyone who tells you they do is full of themselve's.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:37 AM

25 posts, read 27,251 times
Yes, each church just teaches so different.......
but most friends tell me that"Jesus is the only way"
and bible also says, only through Jesus .

I m just crying and feeling heart confused.....
there r many good people r lost, this friend actually has some eastern religion background too, but he did not really worship those buddhist things. actually he maybe finally does not believe in anything. and recently he met some real chaos in his life his minds is also v confused. he is living so far away and i also lose contact of his phone now.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:48 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Don't worry yourself about this. Your friends may mean well, but they are judging. And we are told not to judge. That's what God does, not those friends that have been taught to think that there is only one way. It's their opinion only.

They can't look at your friend in the same manner that God does.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
You can't make someone a Christian to begin with .You can tell them about the Lord and how wonderful He is,but it is up to them to accept Him as their personal Savior

I pray that your friend has accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior,but only God knows the heart.

And no,you do not want to go to hell because you think your friend is not saved.You will not see your friend or anyone and you would live with the sound of gnashing teeth in the "Lake of Fire"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality