Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:16 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I would like to bring up a discussion of a human being suffering with their sinful nature.
Believers of all faiths are welcomed.

The reason I want to bring it up is because I'm struggling with a deliberate sin that I'm falling into over and over again. I'm a Christian and of course my belief is based that if I ask God's forgiveness in Jesus's name, He will forgive me, but wouldn't there be a point where God will just say "forget it, I'm done with you"?
Also - how do people of other faiths deal with God's forgiveness/falling into sin and doing something bad over and over again.
Additionally, can anyone relate? Was anyone struggled with the same thing, but was able to overcome it?

Also - please, oh please, for those who don't believe in God, please don't respond or make fun of my thread. I'm already feeling vulnerable. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 06:23 PM

137 posts, read 474,682 times
God forgives because you ask him to and your heart is open to changing the sinful nature of your past. If you repent and try to change your ways, God forgives. He knows we are imperfect and we are flawed. We will make mistakes, but that doesn't mean you stop trying to be a better person. One does not need to be religious to want to improve oneself and make better choices.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:48 PM

147 posts, read 312,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Hello everyone,

I would like to bring up a discussion of a human being suffering with their sinful nature.

The reason I want to bring it up is because I'm struggling with a deliberate sin that I'm falling into over and over again. I'm a Christian and of course my belief is based that if I ask God's forgiveness in Jesus's name, He will forgive me, but wouldn't there be a point where God will just say "forget it, I'm done with you"?
Also - how do people of other faiths deal with God's forgiveness/falling into sin and doing something bad over and over again.
Additionally, can anyone relate? Was anyone struggled with the same thing, but was able to overcome it?

Also - please, oh please, for those who don't believe in God, please don't respond or make fun of my thread. I'm already feeling vulnerable. Thanks in advance.
Have you talked to a pastor/priest about your feelings?

But in any case I feel that anyone who truly wants to change something about themselves: ie a a habit or action.... whether they believe in God or not; will be capable to do it if the will is there. So as long as you constantly put effort into changing you will. Remember change does not occur over night and people learn at different rates. So don't get discouraged.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajeck View Post
Have you talked to a pastor/priest about your feelings?

But in any case I feel that anyone who truly wants to change something about themselves: ie a a habit or action.... whether they believe in God or not; will be capable to do it if the will is there. So as long as you constantly put effort into changing you will. Remember change does not occur over night and people learn at different rates. So don't get discouraged.
You are right, I think part of the reason why I started falling into sin is because I stopped attending church after my son was born, no emotional spiritual support or food...

Old 07-16-2009, 07:39 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Hello everyone,

If you're a Christian as you claim..then just stop it. You are not a slave to that sin anymore...so just stop it. I'm sure you can control yourself at times...so obviously you're not totally out of control.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
If you're a Christian as you claim..then just stop it. You are not a slave to that sin anymore...so just stop it. I'm sure you can control yourself at times...so obviously you're not totally out of control.
Are you saying that you never sin? Obviously if I could just "stop it", I would.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 PM

Moderator - I think this thread was a bad idea. Please remove it. Thanks!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
No where does God say do it again I won't forgive you. Philippians 4:13 "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me".

Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Are you saying that you never sin? Obviously if I could just "stop it", I would.
No maam, I am the wretch the song refers to. I don't claim to be w/out sin.

I've had my fair share of struggles with sin--but it's an attitude question. If you're serious about kicking it, then mortify it. Just stop. Pray to God for help--and make a conscious decision to avoid it instead of doing it. It doesn't mean you won't ever mess up again...but you will stop diving into it.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:52 PM

320 posts, read 449,297 times
Quote:
Hello everyone,

You are already forgiven even while you struggle with whatever habit you might be trying to overcome. Just know that God has forgiven you already and understands what we go through.

And no theirs isn't any point where God say's he's done with you' heck no not at all. God Loves you no matter what you are struggling with. And he doesn't think anyless of you either. Which is why he gave himself by sending his own son!

And Yeah. I can relate, I struggled for years with an addiction and habit i had and know matter how many times I tried to quit or stop. It almost seemed as though it wouldn't let loose or i just couldn't shake it. Until one day I thought thats it! "Lord iv had it with this strong hold in my life" Thing is is that when we resist the devil he flees alright. Dang wish id seen that before!

But have to warn you. Whatever spirit of addiction it Is. It'll come back and have another go! Just alway's be ready and prepared for when it does and resist it All over again!

What Did I do to overcome it! "I resite this prayer everyday"

I have been crucified with christ. Never the less i live but christ lives in me. And the life i live here in this body. I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me!

"I am Dead To Sin But Alive to God"

Hope that helps you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality