Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:07 AM

2,032 posts, read 4,889,348 times

Advertisements

Religion isn't the cause of wars and violence. It was used as an excuse but as Western Civilization keeps becoming less religious it will find plenty of secular reasons to wage war and justify violence.

I will concede there are religiously rooted hatreds between different groups, but those usually are only open hostility when there is an economic disparity or the fear of one.

Wealth has always been the reason for the course of history and as religious institutions lose influence, nations, and the corporations that run them, will continue with more of the same of the last four thousand years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 01:12 AM

973 posts, read 2,141,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Guy View Post
Well, so much harm, death and destruction has been caused in the name of "God" so......Religion is the work of the Devil - Discuss
I am Catholic, Mom is diehard, I'm religious, & I agree w/ you.

Religion is the result of too many wars.

Not that I blame Him. I blame people. They just don't know any better, I think.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,115 times
Quote:
The thing about Christianity is the fact that its basically says that the human is the prized possession and the the central treasure to two separate entity(s): God/Holy Trinity and Satan/Evil Trinity. But I'm gonna address that later.>>>HoodsofATL

Quote:
...“The thing about Christianity is the fact that its basically says that the human is the prized possession and the central treasure”...
your quote, my augmentation is Yes, to God alone!

Satan/devil is an agent of God in the world of the flesh. He exists: only in spirit as the primary instigator of evil thoughts in the minds of mankind.

One Example: The testing of Jesus in the wilderness. God applied the test to Jesus to test Jesus on all points in order to win the salvation of all mankind.

Only God, as God could in all righteousness fulfill the void in the lesser gods, to include them in His own righteousness, gaining the salvation of His creation lost, due to creations design.

That is my current view.

“Like I said I believe God is in all of us”...is wishful thinking.

Quote:
“Our spirit is in our flesh”.
.. (our)I agree! But dead: in relation to God through separation.

Quote:
“the spiritual and biological and both compliment each other”... “mold each other, and melt into each other as if there is one”

Yes, the first marriage of heaven and earth Ref: Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father (God as Adam) and his mother (Eve as earth), and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (A living soul as the offspring of it.)

You see, you are defining what a “living soul is apart from God” ...which is: a separate entity, on its own, apart from the presence of God as a cast out one.

*“Lest” is a word used to describe the actions of the lost soul, should that soul attempt to acquire life by its own means. Self righteousness or attempting to ascend to the level of Gods righteousness without the help of God is not and can not be accepted.

God designed it that way as a matter of God being all in all. Nothing exists apart from Him.

*Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Which is preceded by the warning as an analogy of the reason for death =separation.
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Any attempt of mankind to believe that we can ascend to the level of God on our own, to believe we can move mountains, without the power of God, are mistaken.

Total spiritual dependence on God has no options. It is a must!

Quote:
“The Bible says that God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient and that's not an exaggeration (Truth be told) there is only One God in the whole universe, (Absolutely) but he's not a separate entity”... (There’s where the problem exists) sitting on a throne...(the throne of your heart hopefully) with a white beard, (That’s OK, if one wants to think of Him that way) God is within you, the power is within you”...Bingo! But first... that power must be recognized, which is in conformity with the word “Lest”.
A beautiful design indeed and one designed in and with complete love.

Quote:
“The difference with humans is that (IF) we have the divinity within us, out of all the other entities on this Earth and all the other lifeforms within this universe we have that special spark (the breath of Adam/God to exists as a living soul)of divinity, the God Conscious.”(A consciousness of God and not God’s consciousness.)
Quote:
“Also, I don't take the Adam and Eve story at a literal”,
as I!

“Look into Shamanism”. No thank you, I believe I have a good understanding of God’s designed works and how He relates to, not some of us, but to all of us.

Blessings, AJ

Old 06-24-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Religion is the result of too many wars.>>>BuckeyezRule
The evil component in mankind in religions as well as government, social groups etc.. is the culprit!

Evil is an ever present danger of which we can overcome!

Blessings, AJ

Old 06-25-2011, 02:10 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Religion can't be the work of the Devil if the Devil doesn't even exist. I challenged the Devil to a fight a few years back. Nothing fancy, just a good old fashioned fist fight in a carpark after closing. It was a no show. I concluded that the Devil was either a gutless womble, or (most likely) doesn't exist.

I would urge all you Devil believers out there to use the same test, you might be pleasantly surprised to find that there is no Devil.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:43 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyezRule View Post
I am Catholic, Mom is diehard, I'm religious, & I agree w/ you.

Religion is the result of too many wars.

Not that I blame Him. I blame people. They just don't know any better, I think.
Actually I think you have it backwards...Wars are a result of too much religion.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Religion can't be the work of the Devil if the Devil doesn't even exist. I challenged the Devil to a fight a few years back. Nothing fancy, just a good old fashioned fist fight in a carpark after closing. It was a no show. I concluded that the Devil was either a gutless womble, or (most likely) doesn't exist.

I would urge all you Devil believers out there to use the same test, you might be pleasantly surprised to find that there is no Devil.
Had two muggers mugged you and left you senseless for other reasons than what you expected, you would have experienced the evil that is in mankind.

Normally, the muggers excuse for their actions ..."the devil made me do it".

Your lucky that God was on your side and nobody showed up!

The devil/Satan is blamed for everything we don't want to take responsibility for.

Has anyone ever get an evil thought? If so, which I know we all do, have we acted upon it?

Evil thoughts are entice'ers, but we don't have to listen to them if, we have Godly principles guiding our lives.

Blessings, AJ

Old 06-25-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually I think you have it backwards...Wars are a result of too much religion.
Understanding the works of evil will answer that question.

Blessings, AJ

Old 06-25-2011, 10:11 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
What constitutes an evil thought AJ?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:37 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Had two muggers mugged you and left you senseless for other reasons than what you expected, you would have experienced the evil that is in mankind.

Normally, the muggers excuse for their actions ..."the devil made me do it".

Your lucky that God was on your side and nobody showed up!

The devil/Satan is blamed for everything we don't want to take responsibility for.

Has anyone ever get an evil thought? If so, which I know we all do, have we acted upon it?

Evil thoughts are entice'ers, but we don't have to listen to them if, we have Godly principles guiding our lives.

Blessings, AJ
It would have been the muggers who would have been left senseless. I have multiple black belts.

How many muggers really use the excuse of....."the Devil made me do it"?. Very few I would say.

The Devil is the one lucky not to have shown up. I've never lost a fight.

Have you taken the test yet? Set yourself free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality