Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:24 PM

667 posts, read 940,791 times

Advertisements

Maybe somebody can help to answer my politically incorrect question? It seems Muslim have more Rights and influence as Christians who founded the country you live in.While Christians are being bashed as "hateful bigots", "far-rights", "stupid morons", "hillbillies", Muslims are respectfully called as "peaceful people" who "share with us the Truth of Quran". Please explain why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 12:31 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Maybe somebody can help to answer my politically incorrect question? It seems Muslim have more Rights and influence as Christians who founded the country you live in.While Christians are being bashed as "hateful bigots", "far-rights", "stupid morons", "hillbillies", Muslims are respectfully called as "peaceful people" who "share with us the Truth of Quran". Please explain why?
Well as a Muslim I have not experienced any of that. Actually in the area I live there is mutual respect for our different beliefs. However, my wife does get a lot of bashing for being Native American. We have experienced considerable racial hatred including some very violent acts towards us, because of her being Native.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:35 PM

617 posts, read 697,553 times
Quote:
I think that muslims are still get more than what you said about you

Old 06-12-2011, 01:20 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Wonder if it has anything to do with the violent reaction from Muslims when, for instance, somebody in Denmark made a cartoon of Mohammed?

(Although just reading this forum alone tells me you haven't been looking very hard if that's the only kind of comments you're finding)

Old 06-12-2011, 03:58 PM

694 posts, read 745,892 times
Quote:
Much of what you see is because many of the media outlets are liberal, or more so, compared than the general public. To many liberals, Christianty represents America and rightfully so. Since America, in the minds of many liberals, is the bully of the world and does nothing but bad things, anything that does not represent America is a good thing. Islam, although against the rights of women and homosexuals, does not represent America. THAT is why you are seeing what you are seeing. So the libs can be seen as pro-religion while at the same time being anti-Christian and anti-American.
Charles Sands

Old 06-12-2011, 04:04 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
The Religion forum simply is not complete without at least one "Christian bashing" thread each year. Now we're good for 2011.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
Christians are the founders of the U.S.A.? Would you name a few historical Christian founders.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:54 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Tentacles of Islam Slowly Enveloping Europe?

Seems a tad bit like speaking out of both sides of the mouth does it not?

Old 06-12-2011, 08:59 PM

694 posts, read 745,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
It is removed now but once there was a notation on city-data's wiki page that stated that at one time city-data was a target for jihad attack because some muslims felt they were not being allowed to express themselves as they would have liked. So that lets you know nobody gets a pass.
That is one time when the view is equal. In society, though, which is what the OP's question is concerning, things seem to be much favoring Islam overall. Probably not in all areas. Islam is seen in the media here (USA) as a religion that has been hijacked or is simply misunderstood. Many times, if you mention Chirstianity, people roll their eyes or "close" their ears.

Charles Sands

Old 06-12-2011, 09:27 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
That is one time when the view is equal. In society, though, which is what the OP's question is concerning, things seem to be much favoring Islam overall. Probably not in all areas. Islam is seen in the media here (USA) as a religion that has been hijacked or is simply misunderstood. Many times, if you mention Chirstianity, people roll their eyes or "close" their ears.

Charles Sands
I guess we are not watching the same media channels.
As for as Christianity, many are simply turned away by the rampant hypocrisy frequently exhibited by so many of it's members/pledgees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality