Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 07:23 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
5000 years ago?
Okay, 4,999 years, and 358 days and 22 hours, 16 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Hundreds of children? Those women must have had Teflon uteruses.
Aside from the fact they could have had Teflon back then *grin*,

It is possible that under very ideal conditions which they had, each girl could have had 6 or more children per 9 months. I doubt they waited for the girls back then to go through school then college and then get married. They probably waited till they hit puberty and the cycle repeated.

Suppose A&E had 3 boys 3 girls per year.

By year 10 A & E could have 60 or more children.

Then those 60 children by, oh around year 12 to 13 would have 180 children and A & E an additional 12 or so children.

12 to 13 years later, those former children would have around 540 children in their year one. But the original 60 children would still be producing around 180 children per year for 12 to 13 years and A & E around 6 children a year or around 98 children.

If Cain killed Abel when he was around 30 years old, how many humans could there have been who would want to take out Cain for killing Abel? And what if Cain killed Abel when Cain was over 100 years old?

What's funny is evolutionists believe that if the Bible is correct, with inbreeding there would be all kinds of problems.

But the same problem exists for evolutionists. A couple single celled amoebas got together and mapped out the whole genome for all the millions of different animals from the little microscopic bed bug to the dinosaur. They got together and made fish, with scales, eyes etc. and then one or two of these fish decided to leave the pond. These fish struggled and struggled and limping along until it really REALLY REALLY got tired of limping along so it miraculously grew some legs! Oh and it replaced its gills with a nose because it really REALLY REALLY wanted to breath outside of the pond. Then these two fish bred and bred and somehow produced chimps because these fish really REALLY REALLY wanted to climb trees and eat bananas. Then through inbreeding these chimps produced humans.

Last edited by Eusebius; 02-20-2014 at 08:04 AM..

Old 02-20-2014, 12:10 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,449,222 times
I do not mean for this to sound offensive, but I don't know how to avoid that. Your post reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of evolutionary biology.

It seems you have no problem attacking something that you do not understand based on what you incorrectly believe is a lack of evidence AND supporting something that is illogical that really does lack evidence.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:44 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But the same problem exists for evolutionists. A couple single celled amoebas got together and mapped out the whole genome for all the millions of different animals from the little microscopic bed bug to the dinosaur. They got together and made fish, with scales, eyes etc. and then one or two of these fish decided to leave the pond. These fish struggled and struggled and limping along until it really REALLY REALLY got tired of limping along so it miraculously grew some legs! Oh and it replaced its gills with a nose because it really REALLY REALLY wanted to breath outside of the pond. Then these two fish bred and bred and somehow produced chimps because these fish really REALLY REALLY wanted to climb trees and eat bananas. Then through inbreeding these chimps produced humans.
Wow. Science really isn't your strong point, is it?

I'm not even going to rebut all of the inaccuracies in your post. All I'm going to say is that you seriously need to brush up on genetics and basic scientific knowledge.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:46 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post

I'm not even going to rebut all of the inaccuracies in your post. All I'm going to say is that you seriously need to brush up on genetics and basic scientific knowledge.
But that would require reading something other than the bible!

Old 02-20-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:

You need to watch "The Word in Two Hours" on YouTube which has been shown on t.v. by your evolutionist folks.

They show little teeny weeny single celled amoebas getting together and making fish and the fish crawling out of the water and becoming chimps and the chimps becoming humans. Really. I'm not making this up. I think Science really isn't their strong point.

You can watch it on YouTube.

Hey, don't blame me for the stupidity of your evolutionary "scientists." LOL.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:10 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,367 times
Quote:
You need to watch "The Word in Two Hours" on YouTube which has been shown on t.v. by your evolutionist folks.

They show little teeny weeny single celled amoebas getting together and making fish and the fish crawling out of the water and becoming chimps and the chimps becoming humans. Really. I'm not making this up. I think Science really isn't their strong point.

So.........

You look at a video that condenses millions (if not billions) of years into approximately two hours, and assume it occurred that way?

Gooood going.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:

So your education in evolution is a YouTube video called "The History of the World in Two Hours"? Again, you really should know about what you're so sure is incorrect. What you attack really is incorrect. Of course, no one believes what you attack either.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
So.........

You look at a video that condenses millions (if not billions) of years into approximately two hours, and assume it occurred that way?

Gooood going.
Blame it on the evolutionists for trying to ram down the unsuspecting throats of the populace the untennable, unscientific, commical idea of evolution. I mean, really? . . . single celled amoebas making fish and the fish turning into chimps and chimps turning into humans? Really? I mean, REALLY?
You aught to watch the video. These so-called scientists actually give the reason why the chimps wanted to grow taller . . . the grass was too tall for them to see over. Really. I'm not making this up.
It doesn't matter if the video was 100 years long or 1000 years long or 2 hours long. It is still wrong no matter how you cut it.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:05 PM

Nice diversionary tactic. You may incredibly inaccurate statements about evolution, building a strawman to tear down. You are called on it. You refer to a History Channel show on YouTube as your argument that "evolutionists" believe what you claim they do.

Back to the matter at hand. You do not demonstrate an understanding of evolution. If you really believe that what you have put forward is how evolutionary biologists have discovered and showed it works, then I can understand why you doubt it. But what you're arguing against is not what evolutionary biologists or anyone in this thread is positing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality